KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world

Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world
Started by: w00t2112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maham

Eowyn! laughing
she was courageous enuf 2 go 2 the battlefield despite all the discrimination she got fr bein a woman n she fought well too smile

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 09:03 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

I'm ready to go with Kamikz. There are no facks saying that Fingolfin is a god-like fighter. I wuold say Turin. He did it all by himself. Tulkas is the best fighter, but he IS a god so.. but all of the Hour, Hurin, Tuor, Turin are gid fighters and sad storrys.

Old Post May 1st, 2006 08:07 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Well, it takes a lot to face Morgoth in combat alone... I do think that's something that speaks for Fingolfin :P And I think Morgoth even was afraid to face him, even though he killed him in the end...

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 08:45 AM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

It takes a lot of courage maby, but that is not what makes you a good fighter is it? I mean Eowyn is very courageous, facing a nazgul, but that doesn't make yuo a good fighter. Gil galad was a good fighter beacuse he slew many orcs. That's a concrete fackt.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:32 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

I mean that Fingolfin fared pretty well against Morgoth, and that accounts a lot for his skill... After all Morgoth was a Vala, and one of the mightiest (if not the mightiest) and Fingolfin was 'only' an elf...
Morgoth would have stomped most within half a minute. At most.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:28 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

How exactly did he stand up to him? A fly can survive against me for 5 minutes because I'm missing him but he is barley a challenge.. And if it is a bee of some kind, when I finally get him he hurts me with his tail (lol). So what exactly happened? I'm not so familliar with the story...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post May 5th, 2006 03:13 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Maedhros would be mine,

The most ultime fighter in the known world of Arda - Tulkas. No arguements, if so bring them forward smile

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 5th, 2006 06:16 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

laughing out loud Who would stand up against Tulkas? But since he's a Vala he's way beyond the others anyway stick out tongue

Old Post May 8th, 2006 08:10 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

Uh, Hurin would destroy Turin.

And why has no one mentioned Ectchelion? Or Elendil? Or Gil Galad... All were great.

Even Aragorn was pretty nifty. Though it seems like the First Age guys are at the top.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 08:25 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yup First Age was the stronger years, men were not as weak and everyone was full of pride and united against evil, third age got quite lazy...damn you Denethor

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 11th, 2006 11:21 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

well, the evil side got a little lazy as well... considering that the amount of dragons, balrogs and the like in their lines diminished somewhat stick out tongue
So you can hardly blame the Third Age warriors too much wink

Old Post May 11th, 2006 12:30 PM
LadyOfMirkwood9
Daugther of Thranduil

I would say one thing LEGOLAS!!!!!! Is the best fighter no doubt

Attachment: legolas1_1280x1024.jpg
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:29 AM
LadyOfMirkwood9 is currently offline Click here to Send LadyOfMirkwood9 a Private Message Find more posts by LadyOfMirkwood9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

INUVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and from Arda: Manwe yes

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:19 PM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

No its ARAGORN LOLZ

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:46 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
it_wasn't_me

glorfindel is cool but who is best that's hard to know.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:15 PM
it_wasn't_me is currently offline Click here to Send it_wasn't_me a Private Message Find more posts by it_wasn't_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thtadthtshldntb

After Tulkas, and the other Valar and Maiar, the most highly skilled is probably Fingolfin but Feanor in terms of overall power, the most powerful of the Children of Illuvatar is Feanor.

J.R.R. Tolkien, "Of Beren and Luthien" from the Silmarilion

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 05:02 PM
thtadthtshldntb is currently offline Click here to Send thtadthtshldntb a Private Message Find more posts by thtadthtshldntb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

In LOTR the best fighter is obviously without discussion Glorfindel.
In all Tolkien lore that would be Fingolfin.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:10 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
K I'm not really "that" familliar with Silmarillion and that stuff, but I have read some and one of my buddys have told me some stuff, and I can't say that I'm impressed with Fingolfin.... He had a magical sword and got crushed by Morgoth when he was weaker, but because he held his sword up in the air he wounded him.... Can someone tell me why he is on such a high horse here please. I'm not mocking Fingolfin, but this is the only thing I've heard about him, and it impresses me as much as Isildur cutting of Sauron's ring blink .

Ringil is a nice sword but nothing was said that she was that powerful as you are saying. Aragorn's sword had more renown than Rigil, Turin's sword was freaking mighty and would stomp Ringil at any time even Turgon's sword had more fame so your point fail. Morgoth was weaker but he was still huge and strong to the point where he hit the ground and made craters (that finally resulted in Fingolfin's death), his speed was said to be like lightning (so he was undoubtedly fast but not that literally of course) and even with that mighty, speed and size(he towered in front of Fingolfin) Fingolfin was still faster and skilled enough to hit him without being hit, when finally he got hit by Morgoth's shield he didn't yield and kept rising even with the pounding of the dark lord's mighty(that proves how strong Fingolfin was). At the end he literally crippled Morgoth to the point where he couldn't walk straight for the rest of his life.
How can you compare that with Isildur's feat? Isildur didn't wrestled with Sauron he actually left that part for his father and Gil-Galad and one thing is to cut a finger the other is cripple someone forever especially someone more powerful than Sauron even weakened.
As others were saying the simple mention that he was mightier in arms than Feanor who was actually capable of fighting multiple Balrogs(less powerful at that time but still no one had ever killed them in battle) already puts him in the top fighters and one of the most capable physically.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:38 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kadan
Ancalagon The Black

Gurthang is the sword that will kill all of the mightiest within Ea. And the sword that would 'kill' Melkor in the Dagor Dagorath.
Ringil as a sword is below Turin's. But both blades are greater then Narsil.
Anyway, as for the question of this thread.
Tulkas is practically the God of War, and is the single greatest warrior in all of Arda (and Ea,) if he could be added then he'd take the spot.

Originally posted by Generic Hero
The man was a beast, taking down 60 trolls. There are none from the Third Age that can hold a candle to him, and there are very few from the first age that can contest with him.

Turin, Fingolfin, Ecthelion, Elendil, Gil-Galad all get honorable mentions.

Actually, Hurin took down 70 Troll's after picking up a Troll battle axe that was lying around, and took them all down with a single strike.
Not only that but he utterly destroyed Melkor/Morgoth's armies, and was only defeated because quite literally all of his foes were on top of him.
Don't forget Earendil as well. And Elendil and Gil-Galad were strong for sure, but only by Second Age standards.

Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Meh, Hurin was a beast, but I'm not exactly inclined to put him on Fingolfin's level.

Hurin was stated to be the greatest warrior in all of Arda behind Tulkas.
Hurin was a greater fighter then Fingolfin bro.
Maybe not in power, but certainly in skill.
It goes.
Hurin
Fingolfin/Feanor
Turgon
Turin/Tour
Earendil
Beren
Ecthelion
Think I forgot a few.
It either goes like that, or Fingolfin/Feanor are both on the top. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Melkor actually feared Hurin's bloodline enough to curse it. And he also hated Hurin quite hugely.
Didn't know where to put Fingon,

Last edited by Kadan on Nov 8th, 2014 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 01:39 AM
Kadan is currently offline Click here to Send Kadan a Private Message Find more posts by Kadan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kadan
Ancalagon The Black

Note It's been a year or so since I read the Sil, so I am not completely correct here.
But remember Hurin withstood Melkor's will himself.
Hurin also defied Melkor to his face.

Last edited by Kadan on Nov 8th, 2014 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 01:57 AM
Kadan is currently offline Click here to Send Kadan a Private Message Find more posts by Kadan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote