KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world

Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world
Started by: w00t2112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
themadsurfer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kadan
Gurthang is the sword that will kill all of the mightiest within Ea. And the sword that would 'kill' Melkor in the Dagor Dagorath.
Ringil as a sword is below Turin's. But both blades are greater then Narsil.
Anyway, as for the question of this thread.
Tulkas is practically the God of War, and is the single greatest warrior in all of Arda (and Ea,) if he could be added then he'd take the spot.

Actually, Hurin took down 70 Troll's after picking up a Troll battle axe that was lying around, and took them all down with a single strike.
Not only that but he utterly destroyed Melkor/Morgoth's armies, and was only defeated because quite literally all of his foes were on top of him.
Don't forget Earendil as well. And Elendil and Gil-Galad were strong for sure, but only by Second Age standards.

Hurin was stated to be the greatest warrior in all of Arda behind Tulkas.
Hurin was a greater fighter then Fingolfin bro.
Maybe not in power, but certainly in skill.
It goes.
Hurin
Fingolfin/Feanor
Turgon
Turin/Tour
Earendil
Beren
Ecthelion
Think I forgot a few.
It either goes like that, or Fingolfin/Feanor are both on the top. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Melkor actually feared Hurin's bloodline enough to curse it. And he also hated Hurin quite hugely.
Didn't know where to put Fingon,

Hurin was said to be the best MORTAL warrior and Tolkien actually emphasize that part: “the mightiest of the warriors of mortal Men” - in my opinion it would be easy to say he was the mightiest of all if Tolkien really though that so.
As for skill I think it would be hard to surpass someone with 400 years of military experience like Fingolfin.
If I remember correctly one of the strong points about Hurin is that he didn't tire and while his brother Huor was stronger he could maintain his strength more time, that for example wouldn't make a difference for an elf since they are tireless(in comparison to men), imagine for Fingolfin.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 03:51 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

The best fighter is Bombur. But only if he's in a barrel at the time. wink

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 06:22 AM
Angelalex242 is currently offline Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Fingolfin is the greatest martial combat of the elves. Hurin is the best of Men. Orcs? I can't recall any in the books being particularly capable. No idea on dwarves. Samwise the Brave is the mightiest Hobbit to ever live.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 09:55 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I forget, were any of the Elven groups/cultures noted as being more powerful than the other?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yes, the Noldor IIRC were the most militarily powerful of the Elves, and the Noldor tended to produce the most powerful elves (with some exceptions like the Sindar Luthien, though she was also half-Maia), such as Fingolfin, Feanor, Ecthelion, and Galadriel.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 12:07 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kadan
Ancalagon The Black

Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes, the Noldor IIRC were the most militarily powerful of the Elves, and the Noldor tended to produce the most powerful elves (with some exceptions like the Sindar Luthien, though she was also half-Maia), such as Fingolfin, Feanor, Ecthelion, and Galadriel.

Don't forget good old Glorfindel, Turgon, and the sons of Feanor.
Think I missed some...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 02:07 PM
Kadan is currently offline Click here to Send Kadan a Private Message Find more posts by Kadan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Tulkas and easily

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 07:08 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Talion?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:11 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tulkas and easily
Tulkas isn't an elf, orc, man, or dwarf.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 10:08 PM
Daisy Roberts
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aragorn

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 02:07 PM
Daisy Roberts is currently offline Click here to Send Daisy Roberts a Private Message Find more posts by Daisy Roberts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

Originally posted by Daisy Roberts
Aragorn

Many men in the first age would beat him.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 02:34 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PaulsHomeAlone

Smile

I would honestly have to say Aragorn.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 02:01 AM
PaulsHomeAlone is currently offline Click here to Send PaulsHomeAlone a Private Message Find more posts by PaulsHomeAlone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fingolfin, and Turin probably comes second

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 07:59 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

How does Galadriel stack up to Fingolfin?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 03:55 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by PaulsHomeAlone
I would honestly have to say Aragorn.

In the movies, yes, very likely.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 12:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Legolas would rape him.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 02:01 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The Eegles

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:05 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How does Galadriel stack up to Fingolfin?

As a combatant, not well.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Mindset
Legolas would rape him.

No. Even Gimli outscored Legolas in the battle of Helm's Deep.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 05:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote