KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 3- roughrider vs. stormfront13

Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 3- roughrider vs. stormfront13
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
How has that been conclusively proven? I mean are you saying anyone who Scarlet Witch did not take their powers from is totally immune to having their powers "blocked"? Is that what your basing it on?

no, no way i was just saying that the fact that eileen still has her powers is more evidence to support my case. i don't have my old issues with me so i can't prove it with scans and issue numbers yet, and there lies the problem.

quote:
Phantazia may very well be able to shut Ironman down, but IM could also fire off his "genetic lock" attack, and there is no evidence that Phantazia is actually immune to it, so then it would come down to who attacks first and who is more accurate, and I really don't want to go down that road.

yes, but iron-man would also have to come near me and actually see me to fire the genetic lock, in which case takes time. phantazia has the advantage here because she can instantly sense iron-man and immediately shut him down. she doesn't even need to be near him or see him, tony on the other hand does, which gives me a major advantage. also, with phantazia it doesn't come down to accuracy, she can just affect the em fields in his proximity to shut him down.

quote:
The same goes with Phantazia's powers versus Horus's "paralysis stare" attack. The stare is a supernatural effect, and no evidence has been provided showing that Phantazia can effect or reverse magic, but Stormfront claims Phantazia can reverse the effects.

well rider actually stated that he could only paralyze one character at a time in his last match, and that horus had to keep concentrating on that character to keep them paralyzed. this leaves horus open to attack, and vulnerable. the minute he stops, the paralyzing affect if broken. in the battle strategy mimic is fighting horus, and mimic can turn invisible, which means that horus doesn't know where to look to paralyze mimic. also mimic has control over his own bio-electricity, so he could very well fight the paralysis.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 07:58 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

No limitations - stare paralysis was determined to be a stun move, not a OHKM. And it would be limited to one opponent at a time, not on a wide field.

^^trying to paralyze my whole team when you yourself said it was limited to one person at a time. i believe ill was concerned about it taking my entire team.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 08:06 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ill and newjok summed it up well. not a lot of evidence supporting many claims on EITHER side. that said, we need to look at the debaters and who did better job of at least trying to credit their arguments or discredit their opponents effort. and in that regard, i think sf did a better job of debating so he gets my vote.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

thank you leonidas. if i had access to my old issues, i could have proved everything.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 04:58 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

my vote would have gone to sf even without king mungi helping his arguements. it was close but when i was reading all the back and forths, stormfront just had the better arguements.

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:21 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

thanks freeze

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:32 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Match closed. stormfront wins. Oh, and before I put up the next round, do you want to fight again this week sf? If not, we can do 1 match a week from here on in, but it'd be good to know now.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:52 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I vote for Stormfront.

Sorry rider. sad

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:52 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

thanks DC, and dizzle, i pm'd you

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:19 PM
stormfront13

and before i forget, roughrider...you did a really good job. coming into this i thought i was going to lose, and you did put up a good fight.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:23 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by roughrider
Ultimate Iron Man's genetic lock shot has worked on Green Goblin, Electro and Sandman.
None of whom are mutants.
Try again, SF. wink

I've been sitting on these scans throughout this match:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Yes, the Genetic Lock works on non-mutants.

but....

If Iron Man doesn't have the specific genetic sequence of the guy he's firing at, it either wont work or he could even risk increasing the power level of the target (as he does to Norman Osborn later in that story)

so there's really no way it would have worked on Stormfront's guys...... but i managed to keep my mouth shut about that for an entire week smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 08:03 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 10:59 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by stormfront13
well.....

1)my team has the strongest person strength-wise

2)my team has the fastest character speed-wise

3)my team has the faster reaction time

4)my team has one of the most powerful characters in the whole tourney

5)iron-man is useless because he will be shut down immediately

6)rider has the weakest person out of both teams

7)my team is full of leaders which means good teamwork and plans

8)my team has overall more experience

1. No you don't. Ult. IM is the same as regualr Iron Man unless proven otherwise - so he's the same as your Vindicator, who's a class 85. Horus is a class 75, Thialfi is a class 35. Exiles Mimic only has half of Colossus' strength, which would put him anywhere between class 35 to 50. Phantazia and AOA Aurora do not have superhuman strength as a power.

2. Your characters claims to greater speed - in the air only - are compromised by this tight location, as I've already said. Thialfi has the best speed on foot; Ray can match AOA Aurora in the air-speed category, and Horus can reach speeds approaching the cap too.

3. We're how many pages in, and we are still going on assumption that your characters have greater reaction time. I'm the only one who's shown actual bio stat, that Thialfi has Superhuman-level reflexes.

4. Whatever superior power you claim, my character (Ult. Iron Man)has a neutralizer weapon that leaves three of your four characters powerless and vunerable. It's like having a kryptonite cannon against Superman. And no one gets around Horus' stun move.

5. Ultimate Iron Man has sufficent armoury and shielding devices to slug it out with any of your characters, despite what you think.

6. Who my weak link? I don't see any street levelers here.

7. Experience is on my side; I have an Egyptian God - Horus - and an Asgardian Immortal - Thialfi. Thialfi's been around for a thousand years; Horus much longer than that. When I pointed this out to SF early, he responded they probably sat around for a long time, doing nothing. laughing out loud

8. ^ See above.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 04:59 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well - I've been gone all day, and I see the match closed.
Take care, then.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 05:01 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

1. No you don't. Ult. IM is the same as regualr Iron Man unless proven otherwise - so he's the same as your Vindicator, who's a class 85. Horus is a class 75, Thialfi is a class 35. Exiles Mimic only has half of Colossus' strength, which would put him anywhere between class 35 to 50. Phantazia and AOA Aurora do not have superhuman strength as a power.

prove that ult. iron-man is the same league as 616 iron-man. he proved no match stregth-wise for people that are in the same class as 616 iron-man.

quote:
4. Whatever superior power you claim, my character (Ult. Iron Man)has a neutralizer weapon that leaves three of your four characters powerless and vunerable. It's like having a kryptonite cannon against Superman. And no one gets around Horus' stun move.

mimic is the superior power, and scoobless posted scans that he needs a specific fild to take away powers, or else he powers them up. so that move wouldn't have worked for you.

quote:
6. Who my weak link? I don't see any street levelers here.

thiafli is the weak link. he isn't strong, he isn't durable, the only thing he has going for him is speed, and over half my characters are faster than him.

quote:
7. Experience is on my side; I have an Egyptian God - Horus - and an Asgardian Immortal - Thialfi. Thialfi's been around for a thousand years; Horus much longer than that. When I pointed this out to SF early, he responded they probably sat around for a long time, doing nothing. laughing out loud

they may be immortal, but you can't delegate what they've been doing with all their time, the only solid proof is comic appearances, in which case thiafli, horus, and iron-man don't have a lot of expierence.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:21 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Sounds like the fight's still on.

SF, in the words of the late Richard Pryor, refering to Bill Cosby: "Have a coke and a smile, and shut the f**k up!!" stick out tongue

Dizzle spoke about this. Good luck and carry on, my friend.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:26 PM
stormfront13

Sounds like the fight's still on.

SF, in the words of the late Richard Pryor, refering to Bill Cosby: "Have a coke and a smile, and shut the f**k up!!" stick out tongue

Dizzle spoke about this. Good luck and carry on, my friend.

thanks, if there is a losers round i wish you luck big grin

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:28 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by stormfront13
thanks, if there is a losers round i wish you luck big grin

Misery loves company. big grin

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:30 PM