KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 3- roughrider vs. stormfront13

Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 3- roughrider vs. stormfront13
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

More info on the weaponry of Ultimate Iron Man.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/...timate_Iron_Man

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 06:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Ah, crap. Stupid "copy shortcut".... That's my bad, I copied em pretty late on Friday... embarrasment

And the hallways are evenly spaced across the rooms. Two are close to opposite walls, the third is right in the middle. The hallways are fairly normal sized, the dungeon rooms themselves are about 20 feet high.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 09:37 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Saw the pictures of Exiles Mimic on Wikipedia; the claws look metal, but it doesn't make sense that they would be. I would accept they're bone, and not as strong as the real ones because of the 50% rule for him.
Thank you for name clarification on Phantazia, but still can't find a bio for her. Don't make me wade through the draft threads to find out, again.

Mimic's claws are only metal when he uses his Colossus powers (turns his bones to metal) ..... when he's not in Colossus mode they are bone

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 10:35 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

In Colossus mode? Hmm.

More weapon listings for Ultimate Iron Man.

1. ULTIMATE IRON MAN

Equipment:
IronTech Armor: Am protection vs. Physical and Energy, Rm protection vs. Acid, Un vs. Radiation and Electricity. Has the following powers stunts:
-Alter-Ego: Stats are changed as above
-Flight Computer: This onboard flight computer that grants Ex maneuverability, and also a +2 CS to any agility FEAT that involves maneuvers or turns.
-Targeting Computer: This computer grants +2 CS to agility to fire the suit's weapons systems.
-Communications Array: Send and receive signals anywhere in the world via Stark International satellites with Un ability
-Deflector Dish: Located on Iron Man's chest plate, this Deflector Dish emits a Mn rank personal Force Field
-Flight: Sh-Y airspeed
-Negative Light: Am Invisibility
-Chest Light: Ex illumination
-Power Boost: Iron Man is able to download a boost of strength up to Sh-Y rank for 2 minutes
Helmet: Gives Stark the following power stunts:
-Heads-Up Display: Informs Stark of the status of ammunition, laser charges and power level.
-360 Degree Vision: Stark is able to see everything around him
-Radar: Un with a maximum range of 250 miles in the open sky and 25 areas at ground level
-Thermal Imaging Scanners: Am Thermal Vision
Weapons System: Most of Stark's weapons are located on the back of his gauntlets. He currently has the following known weapons in his arsenal:
-Laser Cannons: In Energy, 10 areas
-Neural Scramblers: Un, Located in the gauntlets and released thru the palms is an intense neural shock that stops the higher brain functions for 1-10 rounds
-Force Bubble: Am Telekinesis, used to detain enemies
-Genetic Lock Shot: Am Energy, 10 areas, ignores target's powers (ex. Body Armor, Intangibility, etc.), requires 1 round for the Genetic Lock to work.

Talents: Bionics, Buisiness/Finances, Cybernetics, Electronics, Engineering, Weapon Design

Contacts: Ultimates, Stark International, S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bio-History:
Tony Stark, a genius all his life, amassed a small fortune appearing on game shows during his youth, and in 1981, he entered Harvard University as a freshman where he lived down the hall from Reed Richards, now known to the world as Mr. Fantastic. It was here he started to develop the Iron-Tech armor, but dropped out of Harvard while a junior to devote all his time to his new company, Stark Industries.

During a business trip to Guatemala, Stark and the other passengers were taken captive by the terrorist group known as 'The Red Devil' and held captive for eight months because they could not allow the selling of his weapons to their government. The terrorists forced him to create the weapons for them after killing his cousin, but he used them to immobilze the men and escape. Before his cousin died, Tony revealed to him that he was using it to slow down the the effects of a brain tumor which he had developed.

Tony finally finished developing the Iron-Tech Armor and went public as Iron Man. There had been many attempts to acquire the armor, but Stark refuses to sell, because despite all the good it could do, the evil it could do greatly outweights that. Stark is now a member of the nation's premiere superhero team, the Ultimates. On their first mission, they took down the Hulk, and now they are preparing for to stop an alien invasion in Micronesia

Attachment: ultimateironman.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 10:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

And my team has Asgardian and Egyptian immortals. They have LOTS of experience in leadership and combat strategy.

that can't be proved. for all we know they could have been sitting around doing nothing. the proof is in what they have done in the comics, and how many they have appeared in.

quote:
Mimic's claws are only metal when he uses his Colossus powers (turns his bones to metal) ..... when he's not in Colossus mode they are bone

i thought it had something to do with colossus, though i didn't have proof and wasn't positive so i didn't post about it. thanks for qualifying.

quote:
Neural Scramblers: Un, Located in the gauntlets and released thru the palms is an intense neural shock that stops the higher brain functions for 1-10 rounds

^^wasn't something like this banned? stopping brain functions sounds like an ohko

quote:
-Force Bubble: Am Telekinesis, used to detain enemies

wasn't this why invisable woman and telekinesis were banned?

still, iron-man is very expierenced, and electricity messes him up, which means his armor can be shut down by either mimic or phantazia.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:19 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:29 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

okay, change of plans for my team. after mimic takes out thaifli, he goes after horus, while vindicator and phantazia take out iron-man, and aurora occupies the ray.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:46 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Neural scramblers ain't all that, as far as I know. Put it this way, if I'm going to ban them, Phantazia's probly gone too.

The forcefield is in a fixed area, he can't just randomly create them, and his control is nowhere near as good as IW's. TK was voted down, IW punched a hole through Galactus. Simply having a forcefield is legal.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:21 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Proof shown in appearences isn't the defining basis for arguments. That's why we had the limits on abilities; individual stats on paper count even more so. We have characters in this tournament who have never met, some with just a few appearences. If it's all about what someone did on the comics page, I would have drafted Spider Man and Squirrel Girl; their victories over Firelord and Thanos respectfully, I would use as proof they can beat anyone else here. stick out tongue
But, we're not doing that. It's what each character is capable of, without PIS.

Ultimate Iron Man's neural-scramblers are temporary stun moves, not OHKM. He used them first time he fought Ultimate Hulk, to buy him several seconds for his armour to discharge a massive blast to send Hulk away. I would hope, Phantazia's power works in similar fashion.

Quick note: If Mimic's claws can be metal when he's using Colossus power, that means at least they are not adamantium, just thin form of organic steel. And only 50% as durable as Colossus. They cannot cut everything, and could likely be bent by sufficent force.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 04:58 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Quick note: If Mimic's claws can be metal when he's using Colossus power, that means at least they are not adamantium, just thin form of organic steel. And only 50% as durable as Colossus. They cannot cut everything, and could likely be bent by sufficent force.

well i would assume that Colossus's bones in armoured form are far stronger than his skin.... so they'll still be pretty hard to damage.... though much easier than even second grade adamantium... they have been broken before (by Hyperion... i think)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:51 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ult im can be damaged by electricity? how does his armor operate? huh

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Isn't it also true Mimic can only use two of his five powers at a time?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 04:18 PM
stormfront13

Originally posted by leonidas
ult im can be damaged by electricity? how does his armor operate? huh

don't ask me, all i know is that his armor was severely messed after getting hit by a lightning bolt.

quote:

no, he can use all five at once if he wanted

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 04:43 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I've never heard that before........ i don't think so ... he's using at least three powers in this scene:

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:03 PM
stormfront13

Originally posted by stormfront13
okay, change of plans for my team. after mimic takes out thaifli, he goes after horus, while vindicator and phantazia take out iron-man, and aurora occupies the ray.

okay, i didn't get a chance to finish this.

mimic VS horus: okay, mimic unleashes a blinding light to temporarily blind horus, so he won't know where to look to stun me, then mimic just basically rushes horus. cal is able to hit him 500 times in one second, now combine each punch with metal claws and above class 50 strength, and that is enough to do some serious damage. now mimic has superhuman reaction time, reflexes, and speed, it would be very easy to follow up with a bio blast which will stun horus and make his powers unreliable. now it'll be hard for horus to even throw one punch, and his strength would be decreased on top of that, so no damage will come to me when i also have a force-field up. if the bio blast didn't finish him off, i just follow up with a optic blast which has hurt people more durable than you. surely the optic blast would be enough to take you out after all the other attacks. now cal has mach speeds, so this wouldn't even take that long at all. for reference, cal= mimic

aurora VS the ray: now aurora is just occupying ray until mimic takes down horus. ray's flashes of light wouldn't do a thing to aurora because she is immune to those types of attacks. so ray can either shoot concussive blasts, or go at jean-marie hand to hand, which wouldn't be a good idea because she is faster, and has superhuman reflexes and reaction time. so basically all he has against her is his blasts which she would be able to dodge, or she can block those blasts with her own lightning or concussive basts. either way he only has a very slim chance to harm her. she also has that wind funnel/tornado stunt she can pull which with that the ray wouldn't be able to get a decent shot on her. now when mimic joins, which wouldn't be long, then it's all over for ray. for reference, jean-marie=aurora

so that only leaves ult iron-man

vindicator and phantazia VS iron-man: okay, tony is very inexperienced, and isn't at all a strategist. remember that pic i showed where vin was vaporizing a being of water that was inside a clone of mac? well he was also in a force-field, now what does this mean? that she can affect tony while he is in his force-field as well, and in that other pic she wasn't even straining, so imagine if she was actually out to hurt tony, yeah things wouldn't be too good for her. now phantazia is there to put another force-field around vin and turn them both invisible. a feat like this isn't hard at all for phantazia, because she was always multitasking with her powers. so while vin is there using the geyser to affect tony, phantazia is shutting down his suit which means that he has no more force-field and is very vulnerable. it is only a matter of time before he is out, and he won't be able to attack or hurt either heather or phantazia because they are invisible, and have force-fields around them. also, when phantazia turns someone invisible, that means they are invisible to everything...telepathy, electronics, and human senses.
for reference, heather + vin = vindicator, and tony=iron-man.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:10 PM
stormfront13

Originally posted by Scoobless
I've never heard that before........ i don't think so ... he's using at least three powers in this scene:

(please log in to view the image)

ha ha ha, i was seriously just about to post that pic. yeah, it shows his armor deflecting bullets, and he has at least some sort of good aim because he hit deadpool while he was twisting in the air. though yeah it shows claws, armor, and optic blast.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:12 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

So...this location is confining, but 20 foot ceilings in these long rooms give some freedom of movement. The thing about Aurora's speed, is that it's in the air she fast, not on the ground. Thialfi is fast on the ground, and has his winged horse corraled in a far corner, just in case. The horse is slower, but would give him some air manuvering if neccessary.

Thialfi takes the initiative, charging through one hallway with his sword and armour, looking to take down Phantazia and Aurora if possible; it's not likely even with his speed and surprise, and he's outnumbered. But at least he can distract and harrass. He's supported by blasts from IM, Horus and Ray from the other two hallways. Some of Stormfront's team may scatter, or rely on shields. My goal is to get them to come into my room, following a fleeting Thialfi.

If that happens and all four come in, they will find Ray in the air, Thialfi standing by with sword and shield, Horus standing ready with staff.

Ray does the first move, making a wall of solid light that batters Phantazia and Mimic to a far wall. A delaying tactic; as Thialfi charges Aurora who likely takes to the air; he just has to keep her busy for a moment. Horus goes blasting, right at Vindicator, who no doubt absorbs the blasts - but he's just a distraction. Hovering above the wall seperating the two rooms is Iron Man, cloaked to invisibility by his 'negative light' function. He apeears behind her, and hits her with his neural scramblers; her mind is violently sick for several seconds. Not able to react, Horus quickly kills her with his staff, and breaks her neck to be sure.
This is the key moment that has to happen fast, because I'm putting two characters against one, leaving others exposed. If successful, I've created a four-on-three.

Meanwhile, Phantazia has probably disrupted Ray's light wall and takes to the air. Horus takes to the air against Mimic, who though he can fly, is counting on his own blasting power and toughness to get him through it. He takes to the air, he gets shot down by Iron Man's 'genetic lock' beam; Mimic is unable to access his powers for some seconds. Horus blasts him quickly, and he's gone. Phantasia levels a blast to Iron Man, and he's down for a moment. But it's 3 against 2.
Ray joins in to double team Aurora with Thialfi, attacking her from the air. The two start racing each other around the ceiling. Thialfi leaves, and joins Horus against Phantazia. I think they have a good chance of not being disrupted by her, because their power sources are magical, not scientific or mutant. Horus forces her back to the ground, Thialfi stabs her with his sword. By this time, Iron Man is back in the game. 4 against 1 - Aurora.
She reverts to the pure light form to avoid harm ( like Ray), she's outta here. She may be fast enough to dodge another genetic lock shot by Iron Man, but she's just open to be blasted by Ray or Horus. And Thialfi just waits for her on the ground. It's a matter of time until she's down.

That's the victory for my team.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:39 PM
stormfront13

So...this location is confining, but 20 foot ceilings in these long rooms give some freedom of movement. The thing about Aurora's speed, is that it's in the air she fast, not on the ground. Thialfi is fast on the ground, and has his winged horse corraled in a far corner, just in case. The horse is slower, but would give him some air manuvering if neccessary.

you honestly think a horse will prove that difficult? thaifli isn't doing anything in this fight, horse or not. he was killed by a simple wolf. mimic is able to locate your teams through the electro-magnetic fields, he is faster than thaifli, stronger, and has claws that would be sharper than that wolfs, he goes down first seeing as he isn't that durable, and the easiest to take. no questions asked, thaifli is just easy prey for my team.

quote:
Thialfi takes the initiative, charging through one hallway with his sword and armour, looking to take down Phantazia and Aurora if possible; it's not likely even with his speed and surprise, and he's outnumbered. But at least he can distract and harrass. He's supported by blasts from IM, Horus and Ray from the other two hallways. Some of Stormfront's team may scatter, or rely on shields. My goal is to get them to come into my room, following a fleeting Thialfi.

thiafli's dead remember? he won't be doing anything to phantazia or aurora. tony's suit is shut down immediantly by phantazia. you have nothing to support that it wouldn't be. unless you can provide proof that he is immune to something like this, then his suit is shut down. I on the other hand have provided pictures where phantazia has shut down machinery, and in the past tony has been messed by a lightning bolt. he can't do anything.

quote:
Ray does the first move, making a wall of solid light that batters Phantazia and Mimic to a far wall. A delaying tactic; as Thialfi charges Aurora who likely takes to the air; he just has to keep her busy for a moment. Horus goes blasting, right at Vindicator, who no doubt absorbs the blasts - but he's just a distraction. Hovering above the wall seperating the two rooms is Iron Man, cloaked to invisibility by his 'negative light' function. He apeears behind her, and hits her with his neural scramblers; her mind is violently sick for several seconds. Not able to react, Horus quickly kills her with his staff, and breaks her neck to be sure.

correction, aurora and mimic do the first move as they react faster than ray, and immediantly take him out. thifali can't charge aurora because he's already lying on the floor dead. iron-man isn't hovering either, remember his armor has been shut down. even if he wasn't, phantazia and mimic would be able to sence him and be able to stop him. horus wouldn't be able to get through heathers force-field, which by the way never goes off during battle.

quote:
Meanwhile, Phantazia has probably disrupted Ray's light wall and takes to the air. Horus takes to the air against Mimic, who though he can fly, is counting on his own blasting power and toughness to get him through it. He takes to the air, he gets shot down by Iron Man's 'genetic lock' beam; Mimic is unable to access his powers for some seconds. Horus blasts him quickly, and he's gone. Phantasia levels a blast to Iron Man, and he's down for a moment. But it's 3 against 2.

horus is no match against mimic. he doesn't have anything that harms mimic, you know that and i already explained it. iron-man isn't able to shoot any genetic lock beam because his suit is shut down, and even if it wasn't, phantazia could reverse the affects of the genetic lock beam.

quote:
Ray joins in to double team Aurora with Thialfi, attacking her from the air. The two start racing each other around the ceiling. Thialfi leaves, and joins Horus against Phantazia. I think they have a good chance of not being disrupted by her, because their power sources are magical, not scientific or mutant. Horus forces her back to the ground, Thialfi stabs her with his sword. By this time, Iron Man is back in the game. 4 against 1 - Aurora.

once again, thiafli is dead and ray is already occupied with mimic and aurora. horus has been dealt with by mimic. thiafli couldn't stab her because of her force-field and invisability, and she can still stun/lightly paralyze both of them. and iron-man is never back in the game unless phantazia wants him to be.

^^ my team members react faster than yours, giving us an already big advantage. mimic and aurora both rush in and with vin and phantazia following to separate your team the fight goes like i planned it. aurora rushes ray, mimic immediantly kills thiafli, then goes after horus, while vin and phantazia rush in against tony. phantazia shuts down his suit, vin then covers him in lava. they then go and deal with the ray, who aurora has been occupying. ray can't stand up to the combined powers of heather, phantazia, and aurora. also, i already went over horus and mimic. i'll say it again. my team has the speed advantage which means that they are able to rush in and separate your team. there's nothing you can do to prevent this. with phantazia i also have an advantage over you because iron-man is useless because of her. there really is no way you could win. this basically seals the deal smile

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:08 PM
stormfront13

http://img349.imageshack.us/my.php?...lesawa136jz.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?...lesawa141ku.jpg

^^see what that one optic blast does? yeah, would definitely be enough to take thiafli out, and mimic could do it on his way to horus, taking him out immediately it becomes 4 against 3 right away. now with phantazia shutting down tony's suit and having heather take him out, it immediately becomes 4 against 2. see, i have a speed, strength, numbers, power, and versatility advantage over you. with thiafli and iron-man on your team the fight is already in my favor.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:29 PM
stormfront13

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?...lesgal152xx.jpg

^^this picture mimic's optic blast takes part in hurting galactus. yes, i know havok and cyke are aslo firing, but no one is straining themselves at all, and he's even talking while he's doing it. so if three medium level optic blasts can hurt galactus, then neither horus or ray can stand up to mimic.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:33 PM