KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » yoda, sidious vs ragnos?

yoda, sidious vs ragnos?
Started by: Lee-San28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I'd say the then apex of darkness'd fall to THE apex of light to that soint...

How so? Lucas said the darkside is stronger, and 1 sith lord is usually more powerful than 1 jedi master.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:17 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Yeah. Right. Where did Lucas say this now? Especially because in the movies, the Dark Side is 'quicker' and that's all.

And btw, about twenty Sith Lords fell before four Jedi knights....some vaunted power of the Ancients there

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Yeah. Right. Where did Lucas say this now? Especially because in the movies, the Dark Side is 'quicker' and that's all.

No, in the movies, the dark side is stronger, too; you are not restricted by any means, there are more devastating powers that you can use at will, and you can unleash your rage. If you solely watched the movies, you may not know that, but everyone here should know that. Plus, George Lucas has stated that the dark side > light side, on at least two occasions, I believe, here's one:

Originally posted by George Lucas on AotC DVD Commentary
"The key part of this scene ultimately is Anakin saying "I'm not going to let this happen again." We're cementing his determination to become the most powerful Jedi. The only way you can really do that is to go to the Dark Side because the Dark Side is more powerful. If you want the ultimate power you really have to go to the stronger side which is the Dark Side, but ultimately it would be your undoing. But it's that need for power and the need for power in order to satisfy your greed to keep things and to not let go of things and to allow the natural course of life to go on, which is that things come and go, and to be able to accept the changes that happen around you and not want to keep moments forever frozen in time."

Now, as I said in a previous post regarding the established fact that the dark side is the more powerful side of the Force, if you disregard your destiny (that you will eventually fall), then it's clear the path to power is the dark side. The light side is only better in the sense that, in the long run, it won't lead to your undoing, but inherently, the dark side is stronger.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

And btw, about twenty Sith Lords fell before four Jedi knights....some vaunted power of the Ancients there
Which is completely irrelevant, as I don't remember any of them being anything more than minions conjured up out of thin air by the will of Sadow. Unless I'm thinking of something totally different, which I hope is the case.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote:
Ragnos gets owned by Yoda? And Sidious destroys him? Granted Sidious is the top dog, but destroy? Yoda? Please. There's as much PT fanboyism now as there was Ancient Sith fanboyism months ago.

Hey genius, read the thread wink Guess what it says? OMG, Yoda AND Sidious vs. Ragnos. Do you know what I wrote? Can you comprehend English? I said Yoda and Sidious, not Yoda or Sidious.

Jesus Christ (pardon my using-the-lord-in-vain, but I am not Christian) Darth Sexy!

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 09:24 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yoda and Sidious win, but Ragnos puts up an okay fight.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 10:24 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

An okay fight? Even NJO Luke would be hardpressed against Yoda and Sidious. I say ownage.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 10:28 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
Which is completely irrelevant, as I don't remember any of them being anything more than minions conjured up out of thin air by the will of Sadow. Unless I'm thinking of something totally different, which I hope is the case.

Lightsnake likes to base the overall abilities of the ancient sith on those pathetic minions, so you're right. And lightsnake, the darkside is stronger. As I've stated, on most occasions a sith lord can defeat a Jedi master.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yoda and Sidious prevail.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:12 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Faunus: Most of the troops were illusions, but quite a few of them were not. And it was pretty much that army vs. four Jedi.

Advent: Ah, didn't know that quote. However, it does fall to the obvious that a top master of the light down the long run can defeat a true master of the dark

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Faunus: Most of the troops were illusions, but quite a few of them were not. And it was pretty much that army vs. four Jedi.

Advent: Ah, didn't know that quote. However, it does fall to the obvious that a top master of the light down the long run can defeat a true master of the dark

We were not talking about the long run and you know ths lightsnake, otherwise you would have NOT brought up the example you brought up.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 12:20 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by General Kenobl
An okay fight? Even NJO Luke would be hardpressed against Yoda and Sidious. I say ownage.

This is pretty true erm I don't see Raggy putting up that good a fight really. Not against the likes of Yoda and Sids. (or even either one by themselves in all honesty)

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 07:47 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do we even know what ragnos can do? We do know he is powerful because luke admitted in JA that he would need the entire academy to stop a physical ressurected ragnos, I think he directly implied that he could not stop ragnos alone

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 10:42 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

How does Luke know how powerful Ragnos might be when resurrected? He's never faced him before. I think Skywalker was trying to give out an impression that Ragnos might be tough, and for the safe side, don't risk anything against him.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 04:03 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets see. Most (if not all) of the techniques the sith use were derived from the ancient sith. Marka Ragnos was the most powerful of the ancient sith, therefore it's a PRETTY GOOD chance that Ragnos knows most of the ancient sith techniques, which would be more than any other sith lord knows besides Sidious. Wow, the anti ancient sith rhetoric is ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 04:57 PM
-kV-

quote:
Lets see. Most (if not all) of the techniques the sith use were derived from the ancient sith. Marka Ragnos was the most powerful of the ancient sith, therefore it's a PRETTY GOOD chance that Ragnos knows most of the ancient sith techniques, which would be more than any other sith lord knows besides Sidious. Wow, the anti ancient sith rhetoric is ridiculous.

WTF do you not get Darth Sexy? Yes, Ragnos knows all the Ancient Sith techniques. But these techniques were passed on from Ancient spirits and holocrons to future generations like Revan and Bane. Jeez man.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 05:15 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kenobl
WTF do you not get Darth Sexy? Yes, Ragnos knows all the Ancient Sith techniques. But these techniques were passed on from Ancient spirits and holocrons to future generations like Revan and Bane. Jeez man.

What is your point? I'm saying that more than likely, the inventors of these techniques were indeed the best with them(with the exception of Sidious). I am also saying you don't know which techniques were passed down by holocrons but more than likely, not all of them. So it's logical to assume the ancients had more techniques in their arsenal than all the holocrons they passed down through the ages.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 05:37 PM
Lightsnake

How's that logical? Later Sith were able to refine them quite a bit better

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 05:41 PM
-kV-

quote:
What is your point? I'm saying that more than likely, the inventors of these techniques were indeed the best with them(with the exception of Sidious). I am also saying you don't know which techniques were passed down by holocrons but more than likely, not all of them. So it's logical to assume the ancients had more techniques in their arsenal than all the holocrons they passed down through the ages.

The Ancient Sith invented many Dark Side Force techniques. They passed many of theset techniques through holocrons or by spirits teaching them to future Sith Lords.

Yes, Ragnos probably knew a lot of Dark Side Force moves. However, that doesn't he mastered these techniques better than powerful Sith Lords like Revan and Bane or Sidious and Vader.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 05:45 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Kadesh
Do we even know what ragnos can do? We do know he is powerful because luke admitted in JA that he would need the entire academy to stop a physical ressurected ragnos, I think he directly implied that he could not stop ragnos alone

Actually, Luke said right before that he couldn't possibly know what Ragnos could do, I agree with Kenobi that he was just being on the safe side....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote