KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) vs. Asajj Ventress (Obsession)

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) vs. Asajj Ventress (Obsession)
Started by: ESB - 1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I agree with Sorgo.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 11:43 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lörd Sorgo
Nah, he would.

He couldn't even defeat Dooku without it.

Hell, I don't think he has even ever defeated anyone of significance without having to get all in a hissy fit.

Even before using the Dark Side he did as good, if not better, against Dooku than Kenobi did. Plus he did as good against the droids on the Invisible Hand as Kenobi did. I doubt he'd need the dark side if with the lightside he's even with ROTS Kenobi.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:05 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthsith19
Even before using the Dark Side he did as good, if not better, against Dooku than Kenobi did. Plus he did as good against the droids on the Invisible Hand as Kenobi did. I doubt he'd need the dark side if with the lightside he's even with ROTS Kenobi.

You mean in AOTC? No, he didn't. Who got their arm cut off again?

Him and Kenobi did equally good IF Kenobi didn't do better.

Remember the droid on the steps? Or the ones in the hangar? The flip he did? And Anakin just kind of walked out?

He'd need the Dark side. Hell, he fought with the Dark side when fighting Kenobi and STILL lost.

Please.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yes Anakin often needs the darkside when fighting, but he did better against Dooku than Obi-Wan did. It is clearly that he was toying with Kenobi, laughing at him and stuff. With Anakin, he was serious all the time and gasped of relife when he went down.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 11:02 AM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You mean in AOTC? No, he didn't. Who got their arm cut off again?

Remember the droid on the steps? Or the ones in the hangar? The flip he did? And Anakin just kind of walked out?

He'd need the Dark side. Hell, he fought with the Dark side when fighting Kenobi and STILL lost.

Please.

In case you didn't know Obi-Wan and Anakin battled Dooku again in ROTS and Anakin did a lot better then Kenobi in both of their battles.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 02:20 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kamikz
Yes Anakin often needs the darkside when fighting, but he did better against Dooku than Obi-Wan did. It is clearly that he was toying with Kenobi, laughing at him and stuff. With Anakin, he was serious all the time and gasped of relife when he went down.

He wasn't toying with Kenobi. He made a leap to kill Kenobi and Anakin blocked it and then got his arm chopped off.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
In case you didn't know Obi-Wan and Anakin battled Dooku again in ROTS and Anakin did a lot better then Kenobi in both of their battles.

He did better in the final battle because Dooku let him.

And in the first battle, Kenobi walked out with ALL of his limbs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:23 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

He wasn't toying with Kenobi. He made a leap to kill Kenobi and Anakin blocked it and then got his arm chopped off.

Yes he was. He was laughing at him and mocking him all the time, he was even smiling when they were in the saber lock, he knew exactly what to do against Kenobi. He said to Kenobi that he disappointed him. But to Anakin he didn't do any of this, he was very serious. And killing him when he just defeated him means he wasen't toying???????

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 05:05 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Really. Dooku was toying with him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:

You mean in AOTC?

ROTS. He wasn't using the Dark Side against Dooku until after Dooku took out Obi-Wan, right?
quote:

Hmm, I suppose Kenobi did do a little better, and he did better against the Magnaguards, too.
quote:

Vader lost. Whether Anakin would or not is unknown. But Lucas said on the bonus dvd for the ot dvd set in the birth of the lightsaber that Anakin's stronger than Obi-Wan in ROTS.

And I mean Anakin was doing better against Dooku when he and Obi-Wan were fighting him 2 on 1.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 09:10 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Guy LeDouche
Really. Dooku was toying with him.

There is more proof that he toyed with Obi-Wan, and there is little proof that he toyed with Anakin.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 09:16 PM
Generic Hero
KGB

Actually, it is logical to an extent.

Don't get me wrong, Anakin's a great duelist. But he's a 22 year old with 7 years with a lightsaber.

Dooku... was dedicated to swordsmanship. He spend 70 years perfecting Makashi, and he and Mace are probably the best duelists of the PT era.

yes, he was overwhelmed by grief during the fight on Mustafar, but I don't see that bringing him from above Dooku to lower than Kenobi.

Dooku: 9.8/10
Anakin: 9.3/10
Obi-Wan: 8.8/10

in dueling ability IMO.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

ROTS. He wasn't using the Dark Side against Dooku until after Dooku took out Obi-Wan, right?

He had some grimacing expressions, but I think he got to the brink of his anger when Kenobi got owned.

Vader lost. Whether Anakin would or not is unknown. But Lucas said on the bonus dvd for the ot dvd set in the birth of the lightsaber that Anakin's stronger than Obi-Wan in ROTS.

Does anyone give a SHIT? Who walked out of the f*cking fight with their damn limbs still attached to their body?

LOL! ANIKAN IS POWERFUL!11

Good for him. Didn't help him keep his legs and arms, now did it?

And I mean Anakin was doing better against Dooku when he and Obi-Wan were fighting him 2 on 1.

They were doing quite equally before Dooku decided that he would just chuck Kenobi away.

He tried to get Kenobi away the first time by sending the Droids towards him on his first attempt to isolate Skywalker to make him utilize the Dark side. Kenobi eased through them so Dooku went into a higher gear and shit kicked Anakin and flattened Kenobi.

Before that all happened, they were pretty even fighting him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 11:04 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes he was. He was laughing at him and mocking him all the time, he was even smiling when they were in the saber lock, he knew exactly what to do against Kenobi. He said to Kenobi that he disappointed him. But to Anakin he didn't do any of this, he was very serious. And killing him when he just defeated him means he wasen't toying???????

So you're saying if Anakin didn't block Dooku's hit, he would have stopped and laughed? No. Dooku would have slaughtered Kenobi.

Dooku wasn't serious with Anakin. He shocked him and then cut off his arm and let him live. He was letting them live for his grande Pillar finale at the end.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 11:10 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
He had some grimacing expressions, but I think he got to the brink of his anger when Kenobi got owned.

He didn't like Dooku but I don't think he actually used the Dark Side till later in the duel.
quote:
Does anyone give a SHIT? Who walked out of the f*cking fight with their damn limbs still attached to their body?

Wow, that really proved your case. And now your saying the movies are more official than Lucas. Were you one of the people participating in flaming Glentract because he said the same thing?
quote:
They were doing quite equally before Dooku decided that he would just chuck Kenobi away.

So why didn't he chuck Anakin away instead? He only got Anakin with one kick when they were fighting 2 on 1, he got Kenobi a few times.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:11 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

So you're saying if Anakin didn't block Dooku's hit, he would have stopped and laughed? No. Dooku would have slaughtered Kenobi.

Dooku wasn't serious with Anakin. He shocked him and then cut off his arm and let him live. He was letting them live for his grande Pillar finale at the end.

What are you talking about, of course Dooku would have killed Kenobi. I was talking about during their fight.

Anakin went on the offensive and pushed Dooku so much he actually had to fight. At Anakin he started off to act cool, "brave of you boy, but I thought you had learned your lesson" but during the fight he didn't say a shit, and he looked really serious while fighting him, but when he fought Obi-Wan he was laughing, smiling, talking and mocking Kenobi all the time.
Was he shocked during the whole duel? Look at them while they fight and you only see their faces (horrible scene), Dooku looks pretty serious.
Look at Dooku when he just cut of Anakin's arm and pushes him away, he looks tired and kinda off relifed.
I know most of my sources comes from their expressions and such, but I don't see where Dooku toys with Anakin, and a picture says more than a thousand words.

Dooku didn't know Yoda was coming, he had barley caught his breath when Yoda entered. But what has that to do with anything?

Don't get me wrong though, Dooku PWND Anakin's ass and he could have done it in ROTS, but it took him quite some time and it was much harder than taking out Kenobi.

Last edited by kamikz on Mar 4th, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:34 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are you talking about, of course Dooku would have killed Kenobi. I was talking about during their fight.

Anakin went on the offensive and pushed Dooku so much he actually had to fight. At Anakin he started off to act cool, "brave of you boy, but I thought you had learned your lesson" but during the fight he didn't say a shit, and he looked really serious while fighting him, but when he fought Obi-Wan he was laughing, smiling, talking and mocking Kenobi all the time.
Was he shocked during the whole duel? Look at them while they fight and you only see their faces (horrible scene), Dooku looks pretty serious.
Look at Dooku when he just cut of Anakin's arm and pushes him away, he looks tired and kinda off relifed.
I know most of my sources comes from their expressions and such, but I don't see where Dooku toys with Anakin, and a picture says more than a thousand words.

Dooku didn't know Yoda was coming, he had barley caught his breath when Yoda entered. But what has that to do with anything?

It would be cool if you had a single clue of what you're talking about.

Too bad the Script knows more than you.

OBI-WAN uses the Force to catch his lightsaber and he
tosses it to ANAKIN. With TWO LIGHTSABERS, ANAKIN attacks.
COUNT DOOKU parries and ripostes. It's no contest. ANAKIN
is driven back against the wall.

Anakin couldn't catch up to Dooku even with a second Lightsaber, which he need because he had been having serious trouble with one.

COUNT DOOKU: You have unusual powers, young Padawan.

Dooku was more serious with Anakin because Anakin started getting mad and basically stunk of Dark side. Dooku liked it and may have seen something more. This is why he was more serious, but the fact it there wasn't a moment where Anakin had the upper hand. Oh wait! There was the suprise counter of Anakin saving Dooku.

That's about it. Then Anakin gets his arm chopped off. The end.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:42 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

It still took him a longer time defeating Anakin, and as you said he was trying harder then against Kenobi, so I've proven my point.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:52 AM
Numan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kamikz is right.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Numan a Private Message Find more posts by Numan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

It still took him a longer time defeating Anakin, and as you said he was trying harder then against Kenobi, so I've proven my point.

No, you haven't. You're trying to say Dooku had difficulties with Anakin which is bullshit.

You're proving only part of your point. The other half I put to shit.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 01:01 AM