KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Semifinal Fight 2- Scoobless vs. stormfront13

Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Semifinal Fight 2- Scoobless vs. stormfront13
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It works now, but do you know what issue # that is?

nope, sorry i don't

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 02:55 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by stormfront13
so throwing someone out of the train that wouldn't be able to get back on is illegal?

No, causing ring outs are perfectly legal. You're not allowed to leave by your own power, but throwing someone there is fine.

The train is perfectly destructible, but any pieces that survive will continue moving at 60mph along the tracks. (so the person at the front can't disconnect the cars and screw over the other team, as the cars will still move)

And I'm confused about Phantazia's invisibility... If she affects optic nerves, how in heck does she avoid sensors and such?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:14 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Question

while the optic blast is going on vindicator calls up lava and rock from the ground

You realise this is impossible right ? What the f**k?

Considering that the train is a moving object all you'll do it hit the other carriages with the magma that your trying to summon.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:33 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i was sort of wondering the same thing as gf. it IS generated from the ground, right?

and like diz, i'm confused too about phantazia. i just want to be sure i'm getting this right:

scoob can't see (optic nerves affected) or detect (sensors affected) ANY of sf's team OR any of his OWN teamates either? yet she does not in anyway affect her OWN team at all. correct?

that seems like a lot to swallow . . .

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 04:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Blair Wind
I also have a question. If Mimic has cyclops' power does that include his spatial geometry knowledge? Its been stated that Cyclops has that naturally, thats why his aim is so damn good. Would that be considered a "power"?

no... he is only that natural through years of practice.... same thing with Hawkeye... he can hit three targets at once without a second thought... but it only became "natural" after many years of hard work

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 04:23 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonidas
i was sort of wondering the same thing as gf. it IS generated from the ground, right?

and like diz, i'm confused too about phantazia. i just want to be sure i'm getting this right:

scoob can't see (optic nerves affected) or detect (sensors affected) ANY of sf's team OR any of his OWN teamates either? yet she does not in anyway affect her OWN team at all. correct?

that seems like a lot to swallow . . .

I agree..... especially from a mile away.... and i seriously doubt she could affect Iron Man even up close considering the levels of shielding he uses to prevent people taking any amount of control over his armour and the fact that he's within a completely sealed environment

Charcoal's entire body transforms into a non-human non-conductive "monster" form.... his eyes have to function differently from normal humans or mutants and should remain unaffected

Thunderstrike and Hermod have Asgardian physiology which, though it looks the same, is massively different from human as well

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Mar 6th, 2006 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 04:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

did sf show some scans of phant making people blind in the earlier rounds

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scoobless
I agree..... especially from a mile away.... and i seriously doubt she could affect Iron Man even up close considering the levels of shielding he uses to prevent people taking any amount of control over his armour and the fact that he's within a completely sealed environment

Charcoal's entire body transforms into a non-human non-conductive "monster" form.... his eyes have to function differently from normal humans or mutants and should remain unaffected

Thunderstrike and Hermod have Asgardian physiology which, though it looks the same, is massively different from human as well

He's right about the asgardians , for all we know their eyes are wired to their ass.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:07 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yep, their physique isn't like humans. For example, their bodies are at least three times more dense.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:12 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yep, their physique isn't like humans. For example, their bodies are at least three times more dense.

Which explains their increased durability and strengh...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:13 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by leonidas

Both....Here's a Vindicator bio, but the way he said it I don't think is possible.
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vindicator

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 10:04 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by Dizzle
And I'm confused about Phantazia's invisibility... If she affects optic nerves, how in heck does she avoid sensors and such?

she affects whatever she wishes to not be seen from. if it was a machine, she would affect the machine, it it was a human, she just manipulates their bio-electricity enough to shut down their senses.

quote:
You realise this is impossible right ?

Considering that the train is a moving object all you'll do it hit the other carriages with the magma that your trying to summon.

the train is only moving at 60 mph, it wouldn't be hard to call up lava and have it move with vindicator. though i could just use the lava blast programmed into the suit.

quote:

yes, she is only affecting who she wants to. just like invisible woman can affect whoever she wants to, and a telepath can affect whoever they want to.

quote:
no... he is only that natural through years of practice.... same thing with Hawkeye... he can hit three targets at once without a second thought... but it only became "natural" after many years of hard work

whenever he uses it is always said to be a natural born ability, isn't there a difference between being born with an ability and practicing it throighout your life.

quote:

her range is more than a mile...and she doesn't need a blast or anything to affect tony, she can definitley affect his body throughout all his shielding. the armor may be tricky...but there's a huge chance she will affect it, it'll just take longer than normal.

quote:

yes...your right there, but he still has a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen(phantazia).

quote:

and as i said above, they still have a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen.

quote:
did sf show some scans of phant making people blind in the earlier rounds

no, i don't have access to my old issues...but i can post a bio if you would like

anyway...hermod is useless in this fight because he doesn't have the space to utilize his abilities to the fullest. mimic reacts faster than charcoal, and can therefore rush him and throw him off the train. it'd be hard for him to catch up so quickly and still have the energy to prove a challenge. though this doesn't matter because hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 11:19 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

she affects whatever she wishes to not be seen from. if it was a machine, she would affect the machine, it it was a human, she just manipulates their bio-electricity enough to shut down their senses.

Again, i seriously doubt she could just shut down IM's abilities with all the safeguards he has built into the armour and none of the rest of my team have human nervous systems

the train is only moving at 60 mph, it wouldn't be hard to call up lava and have it move with vindicator. though i could just use the lava blast programmed into the suit.

It would, Lava moves incredibly slowly once it starts to travel over ground

yes, she is only affecting who she wants to. just like invisible woman can affect whoever she wants to, and a telepath can affect whoever they want to.

Telepath's can't affect whomever they want, there are quite a few instance where they've had trouble with certain mutants or aliens or people with psi-shielding

whenever he uses it is always said to be a natural born ability, isn't there a difference between being born with an ability and practicing it throighout your life.

yes, and the type your talking about is the learned type.... otherwise Cyclops would have been an expert with his optic blast since it emerged at puberty.... and there are a hell of a lot of instances where he's been said to be practicing, which he wouldn't need to do if it were natural

her range is more than a mile...and she doesn't need a blast or anything to affect tony, she can definitley affect his body throughout all his shielding.

I disagree, even the exemplar whose power was to build whatever he needed had serious difficulty penetrating Tony's defences, Tony also has defences in place for his mind as well as his armour

yes...your right there, but he still has a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen(phantazia).

Actually Charcoal's brain turns to a form of carbon too... there's no way it could run on electricity

and as i said above, they still have a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen.

There's no way to know that... Asgardian brains could very well, and most likely do, run on a mystical form of energy

anyway...hermod is useless in this fight because he doesn't have the space to utilize his abilities to the fullest. mimic reacts faster than charcoal, and can therefore rush him and throw him off the train. it'd be hard for him to catch up so quickly and still have the energy to prove a challenge. though this doesn't matter because hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast.

Hermod is at a slight disadvantage due to the setting of the fight but there will be tons of debris he can use as bludgeons, blades and projectiles

Charcoal is at the back, to get to him you have to go through Iron Man and Thunderstrike... Mimic's a decent fighter and all, but either of those guys could take him down

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 11:52 PM
stormfront13

Again, i seriously doubt she could just shut down IM's abilities with all the safeguards he has built into the armour and none of the rest of my team have human nervous systems

storm shut down his armor...and she doesn't have much experience at shutting down machinery at all. now when it is your actual power to shut down machinery it's more than likely she will be able to weaken it.

quote:
It would, Lava moves incredibly slowly once it starts to travel over ground

not when you can control the actual speed it travels

quote:
Telepath's can't affect whomever they want, there are quite a few instance where they've had trouble with certain mutants or aliens or people with psi-shielding

oh c'mon lol...you knew what i meant

quote:
yes, and the type your talking about is the learned type

i really doubt it, in every appearance it was used in it states that it was a natural ability he's had since birth

quote:
Actually Charcoal's brain turns to a form of carbon too... there's no way it could run on electricity

yeah, i kinda thought it would but it was worth a shot. anyway, affecting the person directly is just to make them blind. she has the cloaking field anyway.

quote:
There's no way to know that... Asgardian brains could very well, and most likely do, run on a mystical form of energy

possibly, though she still has the cloaking field she can surround her teammates in.

quote:
Hermod is at a slight disadvantage due to the setting of the fight but there will be tons of debris he can use as bludgeons, blades and projectiles

most of the debris were probably blown off the train with the optic blast and thunderstrike blasts and all. either way hermod would haveno where to run or dodge, so he is getting the optic blast straight on, so he should be taken out as well as charcoal. Even if hermod wasn't taken out phantazia can reverse the gravity around him completely taking away the whole possibility of running. so basically hermod is useless, as well as charcoal because in any form vindicator or mimic can deal with him.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=792

^^here, this bio talks about the whole cloaking field and gravity reversal. oh and monolith, the person who wrote this writes for marvel and doesn't write anything in the bios unless they have actually happened. you can contact him yourself on the uxn forums.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:56 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

guess the semis are all gonna be a lil slow eh?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 02:35 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

storm shut down his armor...and she doesn't have much experience at shutting down machinery at all. now when it is your actual power to shut down machinery it's more than likely she will be able to weaken it.

Well your site says her actual powers are:

"Powers and Abilities:
sense, generate and manipulate electromagnetic fields"

All her tricks stem from that....Iron Man has come up against electric and magnetic power wielders before, in fact he uses those things himself:

(please log in to view the image)

And he also uses EMPs without damaging himself.... i doubt Phantazia could produce enough of a charge to harm him:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

&

not when you can control the actual speed it travels

Lava travels around a couple of miles an hour (i think) it would take Telekinesis to actually make it travel faster over ground

i really doubt it, in every appearance it was used in it states that it was a natural ability he's had since birth

People get called "a natural" all the time.... it doesn't actually mean they were born with certain abilities, just that they've become better at them than others in a very short period.

most of the debris were probably blown off the train with the optic blast and thunderstrike blasts and all. either way hermod would haveno where to run or dodge, so he is getting the optic blast straight on, so he should be taken out as well as charcoal.

The narrowness of the battlefield caused me to position Charcoal and Hermod behind IM and TS to begin with for safety

Even if hermod wasn't taken out phantazia can reverse the gravity around him completely

your bio says she can "generate an antigravity field for flight" a few characters do that.... it doesn't mean they can control gravity around others

charcoal - in any form vindicator or mimic can deal with him.

I'll agree that Mimic could take Charcoal .... which is he wouldn't be sent to fight him

Vindicator? maybe.... but i won't be sending my weakest guys against your strongest - there's just no logic in that -

Iron Man can take Vindicator and Thunderstrike can take Mimic (or TS takes Vin and IM takes Mimic... either way)

Phantazia can't beat Charcoal as all her abilities are based on electricity and Charcoal is immune to that type of attack:

Hermod is fast enough to negate Aurora's speed, his strength and durability mean he completely outclasses her

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 02:36 AM
stormfront13

All her tricks stem from that....Iron Man has come up against electric and magnetic power wielders before, in fact he uses those things himself:

i am well aware of this...that's why phantazia is sitting the side-lines protecting her teammates and causing distractions.

quote:
And he also uses EMPs without damaging himself.... i doubt Phantazia could produce enough of a charge to harm him:

her primary power is to take out machinery...and considering emp's have caused tony trouble in the past it's not that much of a stretch for her to at least weaken him.

quote:
Lava travels around a couple of miles an hour (i think) it would take Telekinesis to actually make it travel faster over ground

it wouldn't be touching the ground. either way it doesn't matter because she still has her lava blasts programmed in her suit.

quote:
People get called "a natural" all the time.... it doesn't actually mean they were born with certain abilities, just that they've become better at them than others in a very short period

yes...and the difference here is that it actually states he was born with this ability.

quote:
your bio says she can "generate an antigravity field for flight" a few characters do that.... it doesn't mean they can control gravity around others

yes, but she actually has a field. with her invisibility field around herself she could easily sneak up right behind hermod and fly with him. it would leave him open to attack. though it wouldn't matter because he would be taken out after the first blast.

quote:
Phantazia can't beat Charcoal as all her abilities are based on electricity and Charcoal is immune to that type of attack:

yes, i also know that as well and that's why phantazia is sitting the side-lines.

quote:
Iron Man can take Vindicator

doubtful...vindicator just turns the heat up around tony to the point his natural body can't take it. it's doubtful that he could hurt her considering she has two powerful force-fields around her. also even if tony had a force-field up she can still affect him. i have the scan if need be. also...vin has aurora to help distract tony. 1,000 punches a second would put major stress on the force-field weakening it making tony more vulnerable to the heat. also a ton of hardened rock constantly squeezing the force-field would weaken it as well. don't forget that tony'll be fighting while not being able to see his opponents.

quote:
Thunderstrike can take Mimic

also doubtful. thunderstrike can't take 500 punches a second from someone who has superhuman strength as well as metal claws. also, any electrical attack thunderstrike could use would just power mimic up. another thing is that mimic has two force-fields and is invisible as well.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:01 AM
stormfront13

Hermod is fast enough to negate Aurora's speed, his strength and durability mean he completely outclasses her

yes, and hermod won't have the room to maneuver with his speed, where as aurora will. also aurora has two powerful ranged attacks as well as blinding flashes of light to blind hermod. hermod is disabled with the lack of room to run, and aurora has the sky. either way phantazia lifts him up or puts a force-field around him to either use energy based attacks against him or just throw him off the train. yes he is fast enough to get back to the train but continual throw offs would do damage and eventually take him out. same goes for charcoal. phantazia shoves him off with a force-field. and you also have to take into account that everyone was weakened/taken out by the powered up optic blast at the very beginning. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out. then it's just basically 2 against 4.

^^also i won't be able to post for a while because i will be out of town. i might post every once and a while, but that's a big "if"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:09 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

doubtful...vindicator just turns the heat up around tony to the point his natural body can't take it.

IM absorbs heat and uses it to boost his energy reserves ... when there's a constant heat source he can constantly fire at full power:

it's doubtful that he could hurt her considering she has two powerful force-fields around her.

force fields do nothing against sonic attacks:

Plus he has his Uni-Beam which can emit blinding light (as well as force blasts)

also...vin has aurora to help distract tony.

Tony has holograms to distract Aurora:

also a ton of hardened rock constantly squeezing the force-field would weaken it as well..

Pretty hard to trap a guy in rock when he's in mid-air.... which he would be if he was attacked

don't forget that tony'll be fighting while not being able to see his opponents.

They'll be fighting while having no sense of balance (refer back to sonic weapons pic)

Thunderstrike can't take 500 punches a second from someone who has superhuman strength as well as metal claws.

Mimic has never shown the ability to do that, hell, after fighting Wolverine he was majorly f**ked up:

also, any electrical attack thunderstrike could use would just power mimic up. another thing is that mimic has two force-fields and is invisible as well.

I'm yet to be convinced that Cyclops can absorb electricity ... that scan you posted was in German (or something) and it could have said anything

I'm also not convinced that Phantazia can make all these people invisible to so many diverse technologies and physiology's at once... or at all

.... and where did Mimic get a second force field from?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:28 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

you also have to take into account that everyone was weakened/taken out by the powered up optic blast at the very beginning. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out. then it's just basically 2 against 4.

My blasts are more powerful than yours plus at a mile away i have better aim and IM's pulse bolts will just get more and more powerful over distance

If anything it'll be your team who comes away with the most injuries... especially as Hermod and Charcoal are protected behind my other two guys

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:32 AM