KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sora(Kingdom Hearts) vs Link(Legend of Zelda)

Sora(Kingdom Hearts) vs Link(Legend of Zelda)
Started by: Dark-Kenshin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « First ... « 105 106 [107] 108 109 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I'm moving to Canada.

Meet me at the border for your honorary toque, beer, and hockey stick.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 02:50 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by BloodRain
Anyhow, what makes Link more skilled than Sora?

I'd argue the multiple lifetimes of experience adding up to one, but that's just me.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 03:34 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Link doesn't get their experience. Each one is a brand new sparkly Link.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 03:48 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Not the way I understand it. You know this, I'm sure. The theory is that each wielder of the Triforce (Ganon, Link, and Zelda) are eternally reincarnated. The Triforce of Courage, for example, possesses the Spirit of the Hero, which belongs exclusively to Link. This spirit is within each generation of Links, which basically makes them all one. You can look at it however you want to. This is just how I see it, and I'm obviously not the only one. There are more educated minds than mine on the One Link Theory, so you might ask them.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:44 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Well yes, they have the same spirit/bloodline and are all linked, but neither retains the skill or knowledge of a previous Link.

Maybe that explains how Link's are able to quickly adapt to swordsmanship and other weapons. The skill they posses, especially with a sword is up to the Link. Like how Minish, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword Link got formal training unlike most others.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:55 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

He doesn't have their memories, no, but everything else you just stated holds. That was the point I was ready to make.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 03:15 AM
TacDavey

This thread is still going on, huh?

Even if Link has the experience of past Links (And I'm not saying he does, since I currently see no evidence for this) that experience simply won't do him any good.

Bottom line, Link is created and modeled to be a character who behaves and fights like a normal human being (for the most part, obviously. No regular human rolls quite like Link can).

Sora is a character who is made to fight like an over the top anime character. He's in a completely different league.

Also, as someone who actually has some experience working in game development, I can tell you with certainty that all this math you are doing to give Link mach speed arrows and super durability are all things the developers did NOT do when creating his character and working out that scene. These are stats YOU are giving to Link, NOT the developers. Just so you know.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 11:01 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Bottom line, Link is created and modeled to be a character who behaves and fights like a normal human being (for the most part, obviously. No regular human rolls quite like Link can).

Sora is a character who is made to fight like an over the top anime character. He's in a completely different league.
This is basically the worst argument I have ever heard.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 11:31 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by Sacred 117
He doesn't have their memories, no, but everything else you just stated holds. That was the point I was ready to make.
Only in that they're born talented, not retaining each others skill at all.

And little to suggest either Link or Sora are more skilled than the other.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 12:12 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Most links had some sort of formal sword training. Sora just grew up hitting hus friends with a stick.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 12:38 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
This is basically the worst argument I have ever heard.

In what way?

Most links had some sort of formal sword training. Sora just grew up hitting hus friends with a stick.

Sora fights plenty of fully trained sword fighters and comes out on top. His past training is irrelevant in light of his current feats, which are quite impressive to say the least. Link can't even pull off one third of what Sora can do.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 04:40 AM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Sora has him in speed, but not much else. Link can match his strength and magic, and can use his arsenal to make up the difference.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 04:47 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
In what way?

In the way that being a flashy anime character has very little to do with relative combat prowess or power. It just makes them a flashy fighter with a style that could never work IRL.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 05:05 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Only because we cant flip over peoples heads while slashing irl. He has the speed and agility to do what any irl style has never even considered.

Sora has him in speed, but not much else. Link can match his strength and magic, and can use his arsenal to make up the difference.
Nothing Link has done quite matches up to a stomp of a 200ft buffalo or smacking around a 100ft building block.

The only Link with better magic is aLttP, with some others being close. But those Link's have low stats, and the ones with good stats have poor magic.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 12:33 PM
TacDavey

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
In the way that being a flashy anime character has very little to do with relative combat prowess or power. It just makes them a flashy fighter with a style that could never work IRL.

...........................What?

It's significantly more than a flashy way of fighting, and it has EVERYTHING to do with combat prowess. Take Cloud from Advent Children compared to Ezio from Assassins Creed. You honestly think the only difference in their fighting ability is Cloud is a little more stylish when he does it? We are talking about someone who fights with a sword the way a normal person does and someone who fights like a Jedi. You really see no difference outside of showmanship? Come on.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:02 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Smacking around buildings is iffy for me as they were in KH and the keyblade has power over hearts and stuff. And I still believe that the pride lands boss recoiled after being stabbed in the foot. There are links with good stats qnd magic.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:15 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Being in KH has never shown to empower anyone inside, that honour only belonged to Xemnas who absorbed its power. If you recoil from something you don't continue to apply pressure, that's like stepping on a pin and grinding your foot on it. It was a clash.

OoT Link is the only one that comes to mine. Cept his magic isnt that great.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:23 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Delayed reaction. I don't think sora got stronger, just that the buildings didn't act like brick and mortar.

MM comes to mind.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:26 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by TacDavey
...........................What?

It's significantly more than a flashy way of fighting, and it has EVERYTHING to do with combat prowess. Take Cloud from Advent Children compared to Ezio from Assassins Creed. You honestly think the only difference in their fighting ability is Cloud is a little more stylish when he does it? We are talking about someone who fights with a sword the way a normal person does and someone who fights like a Jedi. You really see no difference outside of showmanship? Come on.
No, it is not significantly more, that is literally all it is. Would you argue Sora's a more skilled fighter than Wolverine, or Batman, or that he could beat up Thor or The Hulk, because they do not fight like flashy anime characters? The only thing that his flashy fighting style shows is that he has some baseline superhuman ability. But it's useless for figuring relative combat prowess or power when dealing with other superhumans.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:27 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Smacking around buildings is iffy for me as they were in KH and the keyblade has power over hearts and stuff. And I still believe that the pride lands boss recoiled after being stabbed in the foot. There are links with good stats qnd magic.

Nope.

The fight ended in KH, they returned to TWTNW, and then Xemnas pulled out his dragon thing. By that time they were outside of Kingdom Hearts.

Mind you nothing suggests KH empowers them.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:59 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote