KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magneto spin off movie?

Magneto spin off movie?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Is it very likely now that Wolverine's doomed to complete failure?

If you say so....

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 01:55 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The last word I heard, Ian McKellen will not be playing Eric at a younger age. Marvel wants a younger actor to make shooting & cost much easier.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 03:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by roughrider
The last word I heard, Ian McKellen will not be playing Eric at a younger age. Marvel wants a younger actor to make shooting & cost much easier.

Very wise. Did I hear something about the film being told in flashback (i.e. with scenes featuring present/ future/ old Magneto), or am I just imagining things...?

quote:
If you say so....

I do. Now it's been leaked onto the web and reaction has been... lukewarm, to say the least, I just can't see it being much of a success. Of course, there's also the problem that X-Men 3 was shit. It may not be catastrophic, but it's not going to be anywhere close to X-Men 3.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 03:54 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This film is in developmental hell right now.. There is absolutely no word until after Wolverine comes out.. If Wolverine is a success than this film will get made..

Originally posted by roughrider

Sir Ian said himself that you may see him in the beginning and then at the end

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Kovacs86

I do. Now it's been leaked onto the web and reaction has been... lukewarm, to say the least,

Even tho its in shitty quality roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Well, that didn't stop a lot of people watching it, and a great deal of people may then not bother watching Wolverine, but rather watch... Outlander, or whatever. Also, bad word of mouth may well **** this film up, and from what I've heard, little of the reaction has been positive. It may not be Elektra bad, but I'm pretty sure it will be a disappointment for Fox at the Box Office (not that I'm sorry about that; Fox are evil).

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:28 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I've seen the 'shitty' quality version, it's kinda funny cause at first when I saw the first bad unfinished graphic I was like 'this isn't very good' then I was like oh wait I' watching the unfinished version

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:09 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why the hell was this moved ?

Old Post May 5th, 2009 03:08 PM
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by Kazenji
Why the hell was this moved ?

'cause it belongs to X-Men forum

by Scythe

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:13 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I can't wait to see this.. This should be greenlighted as well soon

Old Post May 5th, 2009 09:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I hope they use the more recent origin and name him Max Eisenhardt and have him change it after killing the villagers in Vilnius.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 6th, 2009 07:48 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KJ
Ian McKellen overacts in everything he's in.

I'd be happier if they re-cast the parts with a younger actor.

Which films of his have you seen?

Old Post May 8th, 2009 05:44 AM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think the whole story of how he became Erik Lensherr would make a cool intro to the movie.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 06:22 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

For the unaware: In the comics, Magneto was born in 1929 as Max Eisenhardt, a Jew living in Germany and developed a crush on a Romani girl named Magda Lensherr. He fled to Poland with his family and survived the Warsaw Ghetto and managed to escape until his family was caught by einsatsgruppen. His father, uncle, mother, and sister were machine gunned over an open pit but he survived because of the first manefistation of his powers. He was eventually caught and spent two years in Aushwitz as a sonderkommando until hooking up with Magda again and escaping during a revolt. They then moved to Vinnitsa, Ukraine were married, and had a daughter named Annya. Max worked as a carpenter but was stiffed of his wages because he was Jewish. He involuntarily used his powers to throw a crowbar at his boss, scaring him into paying him his full wage. That night, the boss riled up an angry mob who set fire to his house with his young daughter inside. Max freaked out after the mob stopped him from saving his daughter and used his powers to murder everyone. His pregnant wife ran off in horror. To cover up his crime and help search for Magda, Max hired a forger named Georg Odekirk to create the identity of Erik Lensherr the Sinte Gypsy. Apparantly before becoming a mutant supremacist, he also used his Magneto identity as a Nazi hunter as well.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 06:38 AM
Paola
Ronin

wow

That Annya/Magda issue pretty much explains why he hates humans so much

by Scythe

Old Post May 8th, 2009 04:52 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Paola
wow

That Annya/Magda issue pretty much explains why he hates humans so much

Yep, I cannot wait to see Magneto's movie when it gets down

Old Post May 8th, 2009 07:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
For the unaware: In the comics, Magneto was born in 1929 as Max Eisenhardt, a Jew living in Germany and developed a crush on a Romani girl named Magda Lensherr. He fled to Poland with his family and survived the Warsaw Ghetto and managed to escape until his family was caught by einsatsgruppen. His father, uncle, mother, and sister were machine gunned over an open pit but he survived because of the first manefistation of his powers. He was eventually caught and spent two years in Aushwitz as a sonderkommando until hooking up with Magda again and escaping during a revolt. They then moved to Vinnitsa, Ukraine were married, and had a daughter named Annya. Max worked as a carpenter but was stiffed of his wages because he was Jewish. He involuntarily used his powers to throw a crowbar at his boss, scaring him into paying him his full wage. That night, the boss riled up an angry mob who set fire to his house with his young daughter inside. Max freaked out after the mob stopped him from saving his daughter and used his powers to murder everyone. His pregnant wife ran off in horror. To cover up his crime and help search for Magda, Max hired a forger named Georg Odekirk to create the identity of Erik Lensherr the Sinte Gypsy. Apparantly before becoming a mutant supremacist, he also used his Magneto identity as a Nazi hunter as well.

thumb up

didn't they use that same origin in the cartoon in the 90s? it was something similar iirc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 8th, 2009 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Not really. They didn't talk about the angry mob and his real name wasn't given as Max Eisenhardt until late last year.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 08:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not really. They didn't talk about the angry mob and his real name wasn't given as Max Eisenhardt until late last year.

i meant the general jist with the burning house and such...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 8th, 2009 08:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

This could be great until Fox fcks it up.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 09:57 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote