KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » What do you want in the HP Forum?

What do you want in the HP Forum?
Started by: RoguePw25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RoguePw25
(Always a pleasure to see you Uni!)

And everyone, please, enough with the "less idiots" and newbie comments. As I stated in my previous post, there is nothing I can do about that. Seriouisly though, they are new, they don't know how we do things here so they might start a thread that's already in exisitence. That's why I always politly tell them to use the search, which they usually do.

But back to topic, what would you like to see in the HP Forum that interests you and would encourage you to visit more often? I'm hearing stuff about RP's.
I know you just said not to do this, but here is a good suggestion. Ban Springboy.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 02:06 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by The Phantom
I know you just said not to do this, but here is a good suggestion. Ban Springboy.

yes

Now no expression

confused

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:16 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

As I asked before:

But back to topic, what would you like to see in the HP Forum that interests you and would encourage you to visit more often? I'm hearing stuff about RP's.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:24 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

As I asked before:
Yes, RPs. Now, as good as having RPs spice up our forum (trust me I'm not against the idea) but there is something that could really mess things up with that. Anyone would think of making RP threads. Soon, we would lose the HP and become RP. We need something else.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 05:06 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Well maybe we could Limit ourselves to the Amount of RP threads.

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 07:55 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Or you could do what ush does...have them approved by you.

OR

if we get enough people interested, their is a chance that we could try to have a sub forum for hp rpg. it's an idea......and the only one i can think of stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:15 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Esaul
Or you could do what ush does...have them approved by you.

OR

if we get enough people interested, their is a chance that we could try to have a sub forum for hp rpg. it's an idea......and the only one i can think of stick out tongue
People will start on their own free will still nonetheless. And if we get another subforum, I think the other forums will get upset about it and want some too, causing trouble for Raz.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:50 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

true, just a thought

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:57 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Yeah, I don't want to take away from Ush's boards and what's he's doing. Plus, I don't want to get away from the central purpose of the HP forum. Having everyone just opening a random RPG would be waaay too confusing.

But I was thinking of having something special like a monthly role play for all of us to enjoy in, kind of like what we did with the debates. Each of us are "students" at Hogwarts and each month, we have a brand new adventure. We could have a thread where we talk about ideas and adventures and perhaps vote on them like we did with the debates and hey, I might even have the person who came up with the idea start the thread - just as a way to get you all involved.

But I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to bring up to you all.

A place for members to post Harry Potter avatars they've made for everyone to use. I know I've made so many, I'd be willing to post mine.
  • Fanart Thread
    A place to show off your artistic skills! Create banners, blends, wallpapers etc of your favorite HP Ships, characters, etc.
  • The Daily Prophet
    All of the latest HP news composed in a single thread. I think this would be much more organized.

And just to add some more flavor to all of this, we could come up with titles for these threads and after 350 post or so, we could create a new one. For example:

HP Fanart #1: Because we're just that talented
HP Avatar #1: Because the Potter Art is hot these days

What do you think? All opinions are welcomed. wink

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 07:43 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

I like all of those ideas. Especially the monthly role-play, that would be particularly fun.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 07:30 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Yeah, I don't want to take away from Ush's boards and what's he's doing. Plus, I don't want to get away from the central purpose of the HP forum. Having everyone just opening a random RPG would be waaay too confusing.

But I was thinking of having something special like a monthly role play for all of us to enjoy in, kind of like what we did with the debates. Each of us are "students" at Hogwarts and each month, we have a brand new adventure. We could have a thread where we talk about ideas and adventures and perhaps vote on them like we did with the debates and hey, I might even have the person who came up with the idea start the thread - just as a way to get you all involved.

A place for members to post Harry Potter avatars they've made for everyone to use. I know I've made so many, I'd be willing to post mine.
  • Fanart Thread
    A place to show off your artistic skills! Create banners, blends, wallpapers etc of your favorite HP Ships, characters, etc.
  • The Daily Prophet
    All of the latest HP news composed in a single thread. I think this would be much more organized.

And just to add some more flavor to all of this, we could come up with titles for these threads and after 350 post or so, we could create a new one. For example:

It's interesting.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 08:46 PM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

how about a spring ball? or a ball in general

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 11:42 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Thats another good idea.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 10:59 PM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

• Fanart Thread
  • The Daily Prophet

The role-play thing: Go for it. We could have stuff that is themed for that month, like a Halloween party, and a "Spring Fling." That would be good.

Avatar thread: Definitely, since the sig forum is cluttered as it is. Would they have to be a specific size or any size? Could we request? Good idea for the recreational thing. *

Fanart thread: Yes! I'm always looking for new manipulations (blends) etc. Could we request in that thread? Could we have sigs, or just banners? What about banners for HPFF.com/for stories on fan fic sites? Good idea for the recreational thing. *

Daily Prophet: Nice idea. You might have to Recreate that like with the art and icon threads, because if it gets too cluttered people will not want to search through 100 pages of news for something that might not even be there, and then it will get longer and the same thing will happen over and over.

* We'd have to have pretty strict rules in that thread, because of ripping etc.

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:09 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I agree about the Daily Prophet thread because it can easily turned into a chatting thread and news would get overlooked, though I suppose if everyone got into a habit of checking it regularly.

For the avatar thread, same rules as KMC. 100x100 max, or smaller.

Yes Banners for the Fan art thread would be okay, defainlty. but what's hppf.com? I've never heard of that.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:55 PM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

I agree about the Daily Prophet thread because it can easily turned into a chatting thread and news would get overlooked, though I suppose if everyone got into a habit of checking it regularly.

For the avatar thread, same rules as KMC. 100x100 max, or smaller.

Yes Banners for the Fan art thread would be okay, defainlty. but what's hppf.com? I've never heard of that.
HPFF.com : Harry Potter Fan Fiction! big grin The link's just www.harrypotterfanfiction.com . Surely you've heard of it

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 09:47 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: What do you want in the HP Forum?

Hey everyone! I thought it would be nice if we all disussed interesting ideas and activities to get the Harry Potter forum really active again! So what do you think we could do to meet this goal? It can be anything, so let's discuss and I'll see what I can. Happy Dance

More cowbell!

Old Post May 15th, 2006 11:34 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Maybe like monthly challenges for individuals, and giving them points. It can be based off their knowledge of HP.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 04:02 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

• Fanart Thread
  • The Daily Prophet

Those are good Ideas, actually. I'm interested.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Good ideas. Let's start them as soon as possible

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:14 AM