KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

The two captains of DCU are goin' at it. Who wins?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:06 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

I'll go with Marvel he doesn't have radiation weakness like the krypton does or did or it doesn't even matter with SM anymore..........

Captain Marvel for the WIN!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:08 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Captain Marvel has my Vote too, but he'll walk away wishing he never fought him in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

^ Yeah, it'd be a long and hard fought battle.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:22 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Captain Atom is just way much cooler chracter than Captain Marvel who looks like a magican big grinbig grinbig grin I vote for Atom coz I like him, and don't forget one thing. Making plutonum and uranium radiation, then heat it up to a certain level, give it a Sun Radiation, even it's not an A-Bomb could be a Big Bang....big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:57 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

I think its a tie. Because CM has more strength and durability but if he breaks open Cap Atom then its a nuclear explosion and i9'm not too sure that CM can survive that

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:18 AM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:22 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
(please log in to view the image)
Current CA is above that.
He's been handling everyone in the Wildstorm U.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:28 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I still think his showing against Majestic is lame. He doesn't have that much raw strength unless his "destroy the universe" power is augmenting his strength.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:33 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Validus
I still think his showing against Majestic is lame. He doesn't have that much raw strength unless his "destroy the universe" power is augmenting his strength.
Well, he handled the team too, but that's less impressive.

I believe its augmenting all of his powers in some odd way... I believe in issue one or two he was talking about his powers changing/increasing.. Been a while since I read those though.
Notice Majestic's last issue is the same month as the last issue of Capt Atom.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:35 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

That's because Armageddon is leading to the Wildstorm relaunch. Majestic is joining the Wildcats again written by Morrison and drawn by Jim Lee. How good is that going to be. big grin

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:39 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

bump

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:23 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

sorry, but that fight with mary was lame....CA has proven in the past (hmmmm maybe it was pre crisis) that he is a beast to deal with. He is a quantum elemental, and can basically do anything he wants. He can create anything he wants. But they make him into an idiot and he does nothing but radiation...

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:26 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

So that's a "yes" for Captain Atom in this fight?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:06 AM
bherrle

This seems like a good place to ask or at least be redirected:

Can someone explain what's going with the DCU? I work a lot and don' get much time to read comics lately, but I know enough to know something big is happening.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:30 AM
bherrle is currently offline Click here to Send bherrle a Private Message Find more posts by bherrle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:43 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I say Marvel takes the win. Marvel can survive being turned inside out and be fighting moments later, I don't think Atom is gonna dish out that kind of damage before getting his ass beat in.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 07:09 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Mary already kicked Atom's ass

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 07:12 AM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Isn't 'Formerly Known as the Justice League' non-cannon?

quote:

Nope. The writer has specifically said that his powers are exactly the same as usual. There has been no mention of being augemented in the comics.

Captain Atom simply is that badass.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 08:47 AM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Private Pion
Isn't 'Formerly Known as the Justice League' non-cannon?

Nope. The writer has specifically said that his powers are exactly the same as usual. There has been no mention of being augemented in the comics.

Captain Atom simply is that badass.
I believe CA himself said his powers were different in Wildstorm in one of the first couple issues. I dunno though, its been what.. 8-9 months or so since I read the beginning of the arc. I'd have to dig them out again, but I believe he mentioned once or twice his powers being different, it may just be a slight difference though.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:17 PM