KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Milkie
Mary already kicked Atom's ass

(please log in to view the image)
That was already posted in the thread, and I don't think Cap was going all out but rather not trying to fight much, and Mary had completely flipped her lid. But she is equal with the other Marvels, so it's a plausible outcome for the same fight I suppose... I'd give it to CM, but CA won't go down without kicking some ass of his own. Marvel 6-7/10

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:20 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Private Pion
Isn't 'Formerly Known as the Justice League' non-cannon?

Nope. The writer has specifically said that his powers are exactly the same as usual. There has been no mention of being augemented in the comics.

Captain Atom simply is that badass.

So he got the slight better of a weakened Majestic. Badass.

I'm still not liking his chances against Captain Marvel.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:45 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I do....if I ever feel up to it, Ill get scans...the man is a beast...at least he was precrisis....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:47 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Originally posted by Validus
So he got the slight better of a weakened Majestic. Badass.

I'm still not liking his chances against Captain Marvel.

Where do you get weakened from?

quote:
I believe CA himself said his powers were different in Wildstorm in one of the first couple issues. I dunno though, its been what.. 8-9 months or so since I read the beginning of the arc. I'd have to dig them out again, but I believe he mentioned once or twice his powers being different, it may just be a slight difference though.

Nope; I read 1-8 just last night. He talks about how the world is different, and how the heroes are different, but he doesn't say a thing about his powers.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:51 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Private Pion
Where do you get weakened from?

The fact that he's been dying since shortly after he returned from the DCU.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:54 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:56 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

The fact that he's been dying since shortly after he returned from the DCU.

Has he? Huh.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:00 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:38 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Captain Marvel wins.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:44 PM
Accel

It'd be better if you just mentioned specific feats than post links to his capability threads.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:44 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Oh well. no expression

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:45 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

IN kingdom come, captain marvel sacrificed his life by blowing up the uber powerful nuclear bomb before it hit the heroes. Captain atom has much more power than that. And when Gog cracked his skin, he took out an entire state. IN wildstorm, he was threatening thier universe. Captain Atom's skin is much more durable than CM's. CM is probably stronger and faster. CA has those nifty nuclear quantum blast. No one would be arguing that Quasar couldn't beat the snot out of cm. CA would do much the same.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:49 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Captain Marvel wins.

Ha! no expression

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:51 PM
D-Block

CM wins this

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:57 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IN kingdom come, captain marvel sacrificed his life by blowing up the uber powerful nuclear bomb before it hit the heroes. Captain atom has much more power than that. And when Gog cracked his skin, he took out an entire state. IN wildstorm, he was threatening thier universe. Captain Atom's skin is much more durable than CM's. CM is probably stronger and faster. CA has those nifty nuclear quantum blast. No one would be arguing that Quasar couldn't beat the snot out of cm. CA would do much the same.

Marvel also said Shazam 3 times, which means he was Mortal Billy, when the bomb explodes.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:59 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Captain Atom should logically win this.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 10:59 PM
Badabing
Karen

I give a slight edge to Marvel even though Atom is badass..

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:02 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I give the major edge to Captain Atom against flying bricks.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:03 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by badabing
Marvel also said Shazam 3 times, which means he was Mortal Billy, when the bomb explodes.

So how in the hell did he fly up to meet it? GOD. He was still CM.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:07 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Captain Atom ftw.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:09 PM