KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Captain Atom vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
Ha! no expression

I'm not being sarcastic. I haven't seen anything from Atom that shows he can overwhelm the best durability in comics this side of Classic Juggernaut.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:13 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Validus
I'm not being sarcastic. I haven't seen anything from Atom that shows he can overwhelm the best durability in comics this side of Classic Juggernaut.

We're talking about a guy who has the potential to create universes with his energy output. A guy who has access to ALL the energy in the universe, and limitless amounts of it, who could create stars, stellar phenomenons, novas, super novas, and black holes, just from his energy. A character who can amp his strength, speed, and durability to unforseen levels via Quantum manipulation. Not to mention, he has shown the ability to transmutate people into different things. Such as Angie in the Wildstorm run. In all honesty, he should NOT be beaten by the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, or Black Adam, or that GOD awful Mary Marvel showing. I mean that was just crap. Captain Atom going all out should be the most powerful/most dangerous man on the JLA just about. Captain Atom trumps any brick character imo, and I say he wins this.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:23 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

We're talking about a guy who has the potential to create universes with his energy output. A guy who has access to ALL the energy in the universe, and limitless amounts of it, who could create stars, stellar phenomenons, novas, super novas, and black holes, just from his energy. A character who can amp his strength, speed, and durability to unforseen levels via Quantum manipulation. Not to mention, he has shown the ability to transmutate people into different things. Such as Angie in the Wildstorm run. In all honesty, he should NOT be beaten by the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, or Black Adam, or that GOD awful Mary Marvel showing. I mean that was just crap. Captain Atom going all out should be the most powerful/most dangerous man on the JLA just about. Captain Atom trumps any brick character imo, and I say he wins this.

This seems to be all about your opinion. Do we have any scans of these feats?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:32 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

We're talking about a guy who has the potential to create universes with his energy output. A guy who has access to ALL the energy in the universe, and limitless amounts of it, who could create stars, stellar phenomenons, novas, super novas, and black holes, just from his energy.

Atom isn't in the Quantum Field for this fight. That's like me saying "Gee, look at what Hal can do in the Central Battery! Isn't he GREAT?" None of that would help in this battle anyway.

A character who can amp his strength, speed, and durability to unforseen levels via Quantum manipulation.

I've never seen him match strength with top tier bricks for any prolonged period of time. 9 times out of 10 he's the first on the ground. Don't blame me for Atom having a pathetic win/loss record.

Not to mention, he has shown the ability to transmutate people into different things. Such as Angie in the Wildstorm run.

You know as well as I do Marvel isn't about to be transmuted by anyone. You've argued Silver Surfer can't transmute top tiers and Nathan isn't above the Surfer in anyway.

In all honesty, he should NOT be beaten by the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, or Black Adam, or that GOD awful Mary Marvel showing.

Yet he is, constantly.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:32 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Atom isn't in the Quantum Field for this fight. That's like me saying "Gee, look at what Hal can do in the Central Battery! Isn't he GREAT?" None of that would help in this battle anyway.

Not really. He has access to the full force of the Quantum field from anywhere. It shouldn't make a difference either way.

I've never seen him match strength with top tier bricks for any prolonged period of time. 9 times out of 10 he's the first on the ground. Don't blame me for Atom having a pathetic win/loss record.

I'm not blaming you, but as I've seen, he usually rushes into battles without thinking. He can make his strength and speed and durability continually increase through the quantum field. However, if he did fight to full potential I HONESTLY don't see him losing to someone with a Superman power set.

You know as well as I do Marvel isn't about to be transmuted by anyone. You've argued Silver Surfer can't transmute top tiers and Nathan isn't above the Surfer in anyway.

Don't see why not. He was able to turn Angie (a person made of nothing but nanotechnology, which is much more complex than Billy's physiology) into a regular person again.

Yet he is, constantly.

It's pretty much common knowledge that he's a jobber. Like you yourself have said before, sometimes DC puts a lot of faith into the whole "I fly in and punch you really hard in the face" method as the be all to end all. If writers could actually get a grasp on him using his powers WISELY and to full potential, then I'd be happy. smile

And btw, don't you have a MATCH to judge?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:42 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

I would like to see Captain Marvel going all out. I doubt CA would stand a chance agaist normal CM any way

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:43 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by D-Block
I would like to see Captain Marvel going all out. I doubt CA would stand a chance agaist normal CM any way

Yeah, because we all know Billy's potential is WAY above someone like Atom. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:48 PM
HaSon

Not really. He has access to the full force of the Quantum field from anywhere. It shouldn't make a difference either way.

His access, just like Firestorm and Breach who also use the Q field is dependent on willpower.

Don't see why not. He was able to turn Angie (a person made of nothing but nanotechnology, which is much more complex than Billy's physiology) into a regular person again.

Angie isn't a magical being now is she? Atom doesn't have energy near the level of a tesserect bomb and Billy took that a-ok.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:50 PM
D-Block

Yeah, because we all know Billy's potential is WAY above someone like Atom. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well yeah Look at CM powerset now

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:55 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

His access, just like Firestorm and Breach who also use the Q field is dependent on willpower.

Angie isn't a magical being now is she? Atom doesn't have energy near the level of a tesserect bomb and Billy took that a-ok.

The only thing is that he has shown the ability to have MASSIVE (obviously) potential, but doesn't normally fight like it. He's a jobber. wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:56 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well yeah Look at CM powerset now

Well, yeah but I'm talking about Captain Marvel and not so much SHAZAM.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:57 PM
D-Block

In Meet ISIS 52 week twelve CM said that his powers are currently 100 fold

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:58 PM
D-Block

Well, yeah but I'm talking about Captain Marvel and not so much SHAZAM.

you said potential

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:58 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

you said potential

I still don't see SHAZAM to be on "universe creating" power levels. erm

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:00 AM
D-Block

ok

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:03 AM
magneto1992
The last Marvel

Marvel wins he had superspeed, superstrnght as almost as good as superman and almost his same resistence even in the cartoon Superman win because CM call himself Shazam and loose his powers in the middle of the battle, but he was almost in the point of killing super

remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0VNjribyY

Who needs super powers anyways?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:11 AM
magneto1992 is currently offline Click here to Send magneto1992 a Private Message Find more posts by magneto1992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

very very VERY well said i agree atom should win if atom is going all out useing all his power's he's on some ion shit. all he would need to do is put marvel in a black hole then make a super nova in there and marvel will be dead. i love CM but if you think about it his not beating atom sorry.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:23 AM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by mighty adam
very very VERY well said i agree atom should win if atom is going all out useing all his power's he's on some ion shit. all he would need to do is put marvel in a black hole then make a super nova in there and marvel will be dead. i love CM but if you think about it his not beating atom sorry.

Thank you. smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:26 AM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Bump

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:11 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote