KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Silver Surfer stronger than Superman?

Is Silver Surfer stronger than Superman?
Started by: Soss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soss
.:: The Psionic Angel ::.

Is Silver Surfer stronger than Superman?

How strong is Silver Surfer, too?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 06:32 PM
Soss is currently offline Click here to Send Soss a Private Message Find more posts by Soss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

We have a separate forum for this.

Moving...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 06:33 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

they are both in the "incalculable" strength range. but i think potentially surfer (like Hulk) surpasses Superman strength wise.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 08:43 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I have to agree with you Scribe

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:50 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Supes is strongest.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:54 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnR

The Silver Surfer never seemed particularly strong to me compared to top-tier characters like Thor or Gladiator. He did match the Hulk's strength on one occasion, but I chalk that up to a plot device.

Does the Silver Surfer have any other feats that show him to be as strong or stronger than Thor or Gladiator?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:05 PM
JohnR is currently offline Click here to Send JohnR a Private Message Find more posts by JohnR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Silver Surfer has so many energy-based powers at his disposal that it simply isn't as natural for him to rely on limbs and muscles (as say for the Hulk or Superman) to get things done. It's like Superman running; he can do it, but we rarely see him cuz flying is the more natural means for him to get around.

BTW, the Surfer has also gone toe-to-toe with the Thing quite nicely. SS: "In the time I have spent upon this planet of madness--I have learned to battle as humans battle." And this was way back in FF#72, when Ben was the number-2 powerhouse in the MU. I don't believe any retconning has taken place since then to imply the Surfer can no longer do this.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Surfers class 100, but I think Superman is stronger and yes I'd think Superman would own Surfer in a fight.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:24 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdawg14

In terms of physical strength, I would say Supes is stronger but in a fight SS kicks his butt.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:24 PM
tdawg14 is currently offline Click here to Send tdawg14 a Private Message Find more posts by tdawg14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote