KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America Vs. The Lizard

Captain America Vs. The Lizard
Started by: Comicbook_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Captain America Vs. The Lizard

I have a five year old daughter (almost six) who already loves comics and she asked me a very good question today....

"Who would win in a fight between Captain America and The Lizard?"

The more I thought about it, the more stumped I was. I told her I don't know...that was a very good question and I would have to get some help on this one...

Could Cap take down one of Spidey's most fearsome and savage foes? Hmmmm, I don't know and I thought this would be a good fight....so, let's say the fight takes place down in the NYC sewers and Cap has his shield and The Lizard is out for blood....who wins?

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:48 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
triplethreat99

Captain America would dominate the Lizard.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:56 AM
triplethreat99 is currently offline Click here to Send triplethreat99 a Private Message Find more posts by triplethreat99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by triplethreat99
Captain America would dominate the Lizard.

That's what I thought too....at first!! And the more I thought about it, the more I scratched my head...

The Lizard is bigger, stronger, faster, has razor sharp claws and teeth, can regenerate, heal rapidly, and climb surfaces, and can use his tail as a powerful weapon. Not to mention the fact that he has a tough, scaley hide that makes him hard to hurt...

Sure Cap has his shield, but when Cap's got tails, teeth, claws, coming at him from someone that is about 10 times stronger than himself on top of him with dagger-like fangs at his throat, is a shield enough? Spidey has trouble with the Lizard, and would probably be Lizard-food by now if it wasn't for his strengh and speed...Cap's strength and speed are enhanced, but nowhere near the Lizard's. So, how exactly would Cap win?

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Last edited by Comicbook_kid on Apr 1st, 2006 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:07 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

The lizard!

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:12 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Captain has taken down more experienced more powerful adversaries. Captain America knows every fighting style. If Spidey can beat him then cap can beat him

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 06:18 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Lizard , he's much stronger,faster and can tear out caps throat with relative ease.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 07:27 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by grey fox
Lizard , he's much stronger,faster and can tear out caps throat with relative ease.

Agreed, Lizard could tear Cap apart.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 07:35 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

LIzard would beat Cap 7/10.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 08:29 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

i dunno anymore, Cap's jobber aura is too daunting...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 09:03 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
i dunno anymore, Cap's jobber aura is too daunting...

LOL nice signiture.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 09:38 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Thanks stick out tongue i tweaked it a little bit from version .1. Now Logan has a say..............for 4 secs of course big grin

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 09:40 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lizard, i reckon...he is stronger, faster, and has healing abilities...plus he can control a large army of reptiles to distract cap.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 10:33 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MadMel
lizard, i reckon...he is stronger, faster, and has healing abilities...plus he can control a large army of reptiles to distract cap.

To distract?
To EAT is the right word.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 10:46 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Redatom65
Captain has taken down more experienced more powerful adversaries. Captain America knows every fighting style. If Spidey can beat him then cap can beat him

Nah.... Spidey hurts his fists punching the Lizard.... Cap would break his bones doing the same

Cap isn't fast enough to avoid him or strong enough to hurt him

There's a Spidey quote i like when refering to the Lizard:

"He's Three times as strong as one Spider-Man, but luckily, he's only half as smart as two of us"

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 11:47 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah.... Spidey hurts his fists punching the Lizard.... Cap would break his bones doing the same

Cap isn't fast enough to avoid him or strong enough to hurt him

There's a Spidey quote i like when refering to the Lizard:

"He's Three times as strong as one Spider-Man, but luckily, he's only half as smart as two of us"

He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he? I always thought he's class15.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 11:56 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by samishe
He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he? I always thought he's class15.

So did i ?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:01 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Lizard could beat him.

Just because Spider-Man can beat Lizard doesn't mean nothing, because Spidey would own Cap too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:14 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Lizard feasts on Captain America

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:33 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by samishe
He isn't really strong like three spiders, is he?

I doubt it.... good quote though ... smile

Lizard has had various strength levels depending on the circumstances of his mutation.... he has always been stronger and more durable than Spider-Man though.... in fact i think his skin is bullet-proof to small caliber weapons

And he is a very cunning fighter

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 12:25 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Plus most of Spider-Man's villians are stronger then him or powers that are better.

Thats part of what makes his books so good, watching him overcome the odds.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 12:52 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote