KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Hyperion respect thread

Hyperion respect thread
Started by: dvampire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Are there two Hyperions in 616 right now (King and this one that wears blue)?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 06:36 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
As much as I DO believe that carver's got ulterior motives for his little post/comment up there, how is any of the "feats" he listed up there is not "definitive".

Good question... On panel stopped two planets from colliding. Hyperions power was so great that neither planet could contain it. That's about as good as it gets IMO.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 03:56 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Good question... On panel stopped two planets from colliding. Hyperions power was so great that neither planet could contain it. That's about as good as it gets IMO.

Surviving the destruction of 2 universes at its core is more impressive IMO.

This guy is a def beast.

Edit. Plus the 2 planets were being drawn in by universal destructive forces. Crazeee.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 09:08 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Tony Stark

Correction to this; it wasn't just two planets he was holding back, he was preventing the weight of an entire universe on each side from touching each other. He succeeded but the strain from the prevention caused both universes destruction.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 04:22 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As much as I DO believe that carver's got ulterior motives for his little post/comment up there, how is any of the "feats" he listed up there is not "definitive".

His premature proclamation about Hyperion suddenly becoming the most powerful herald, which would get people laughed out of the vs forum.

Originally posted by carver9
Correction to this; it wasn't just two planets he was holding back, he was preventing the weight of an entire universe on each side from touching each other. He succeeded but the strain from the prevention caused both universes destruction.

No.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 04:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Villelater
Maestro Hulk fan

yo im having trouble finding the image of Hyperion cracking Wondermans ribs...can someone find it for me?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 04:32 AM
Villelater is currently offline Click here to Send Villelater a Private Message Find more posts by Villelater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by -Pr-
His premature proclamation about Hyperion suddenly becoming the most powerful herald, which would get people laughed out of the vs forum.

You're right.

After all, surviving at the core of double universal destruction would put him above herald.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 06:46 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

One feat does not a skyfather make.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 06:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I think surviving two universe exploding on you without a scratch puts you far above skyfather imo (even though Hyperion isn't above that level or on the level of skyfather imo).

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:25 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

laughing out loud

One feat does not a skyfather make.

It's 2 "feats" in one issue. One is durability, the other strength.

He DID hold back 2 planets being pushed together by universal destructive force.

That and he punched Hulk strong enough to KO him back into Banner. Even Zeus couldn't do that in the time it took him.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think surviving two universe exploding on you without a scratch puts you far above skyfather imo (even though Hyperion isn't above that level or on the level of skyfather imo).

You keep forgetting that one feat can only change an average, not wipe it out.

He DID hold back 2 planets being pushed together by universal destructive force.

That and he punched Hulk strong enough to KO him back into Banner. Even Zeus couldn't do that in the time it took him.

Yes, because two is so many more than one.

It was impressive; no doubt about it. It's a great feat. Just think people are being a bit premature (or just plain not reading it).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:42 AM
carver9

mad he didn't punch Hulk back into Banner...the mind control was broken when Thor blasted the lady that was controlling him.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

mad he didn't punch Hulk back into Banner...the mind control was broken when Thor blasted the lady that was controlling him.

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that laughing

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

You keep forgetting that one feat can only change an average, not wipe it out.

Yes, because two is so many more than one.

It was impressive; no doubt about it. It's a great feat. Just think people are being a bit premature (or just plain not reading it).

Well, Hypie's only got a few "feats" to his name. So, if you average it out, he's above herald!

evil face

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:13 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah you just keep telling yourself that laughing

Sigh*

http://i50.tinypic.com/4ftz02.jpg

I've lost him.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:13 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Sigh*

http://i50.tinypic.com/4ftz02.jpg

I've lost him.

"Lost" happened before punch and punch happened before switching back to banner.

If her losing him converted him back to Banner, it should have happened:

Lost->switch->punch

Instead, it went:

Lost->punch->switch.

Thus it COULD be argued that her losing control of him simply made him a to get hit in the face easier but it was the punch that really turned him back.

Causality.

evil face

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:19 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, Hypie's only got a few "feats" to his name. So, if you average it out, he's above herald!

evil face

laughing out loud

If you say so.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:20 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'd say she said "I lost him" because she saw Hype was about to punch the Banner out of Hulk.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:21 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

laughing out loud

If you say so.

I KNEW you'd see it my way!

thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:21 AM