KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Triathlon vs. Captain America

Triathlon vs. Captain America
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
Over 100mph? What the f**k? Well then that wouldn't be 3 times the peak human, that'd be like 4 times peak human.

Not really.... think about it.... he gets three times the strength and speed of Captain America .... but he isn't hindered by the additional weight or wind resistance of having three bodies.... 100 mph is perfectly reasonable (and he's done it once or twice in the Avengers)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:24 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Scoobless
Not really.... think about it.... he gets three times the strength and speed of Captain America .... but he isn't hindered by the additional weight or wind resistance of having three bodies.... 100 mph is perfectly reasonable (and he's done it once or twice in the Avengers)

Good point wink

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:27 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I agree.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:27 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

t logically should win, but cap would find a way in a book using brains, skill and experience. despite his advantages, it would still only take a shot from cap's shield to take him out. interesting fight even though i never liked triathalon and his attitude . . .

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by golem370
Triathlon might be equal or better then Captain America except in experience and fighting skills

this is why cap would win.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:09 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

I think you mean THREE TIMES BETTER THEN CAPTAIN AMERICA IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT FIGHTING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE. big grin That includes strength, speed, endurance, stamina, agility, etc... Triathlon could just keep running around Captain America at over 70mph. and just keep hitting him.

Funny. Cheeta's can run at 70 mph, and every time I have seen them run after prey, when they try to stop, they either go waaay out on an arc, or they tumble head over heals.
I have never seen one run around an antelope at 70 mph, biting and slashing over and over.
I would wager that it is the same with Triathelon.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:12 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

^ Actually, if you re-read some of the posts, Triathlon can run over 100mph. And besides, you realize that during the fight, Triathlon is gonna have three times the reaction time and three times the reflexes as Captain, right?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:19 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

^ Actually, if you re-read some of the posts, Triathlon can run over 100mph. And besides, you realize that during the fight, Triathlon is gonna have three times the reaction time and three times the reflexes as Captain, right?
He is still going to exist, so the effects of his mass with gravity and momentum are still going to happen.
We aren't talking about a special speed power. Just three times the stuff as captain america.
He can't run around in tight circles at 100 mph, hitting and kicking.
It has nothing to do with reaction time or strength. It has to do with everything from your feet up, getting thrown off balance.

Stand up in your living room, and run around as fast as you can in little circles, punching and kicking into the middle of the circle.
(here's a tip: Be ready to call 911, and don't let anybody see you)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:27 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Horrificus
He is still going to exist, so the effects of his mass with gravity and momentum are still going to happen.
We aren't talking about a special speed power. Just three times the stuff as captain america.
He can't run around in tight circles at 100 mph, hitting and kicking.
It has nothing to do with reaction time or strength. It has to do with everything from your feet up, getting thrown off balance.

Stand up in your living room, and run around as fast as you can in little circles, punching and kicking into the middle of the circle.
(here's a tip: Be ready to call 911, and don't let anybody see you)

I admit I'd look like a jacka$$ but I still think Triathlon would win the fight.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:30 AM
Horrificus

ok. Maybe he will.
My girlfriend and me are sitting here laughing our as*es off picturing this right now.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:32 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

^ embarrasment laughing

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:33 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Horrificus
Funny. Cheeta's can run at 70 mph, and every time I have seen them run after prey, when they try to stop, they either go waaay out on an arc, or they tumble head over heals.
I have never seen one run around an antelope at 70 mph, biting and slashing over and over.
I would wager that it is the same with Triathelon.

perhaps... but Triathlon's agility would be almost comparable to Spider-Man's... he wouldn't run around anyone in a circle (as that would be stupid) but he could do something similar to how Spidey bounces around people.... but not quite as fast:

(please log in to view the image)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 03:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Scoobless
perhaps... but Triathlon's agility would be almost comparable to Spider-Man's... he wouldn't run around anyone in a circle (as that would be stupid) but he could do something similar to how Spidey bounces around people.... but not quite as fast:

(please log in to view the image)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

It isn't just speed and agility that allows Spidey to do that. The reason he can do it, turn on a dime, stuff like that it is mostly that he can grip surfaces.

I wouldn't put Triathalon on a par with Spidey.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 03:23 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

^ Triathlon would still win.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:30 PM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

He's not, fighting skills are something you have to learn, not aquire. He's good at fighting, but Cap is better.

you don't just acquire top tier strength or speed. You must train and learn ways to develop it. Maybe T has 3 times the skill over Cap. The way to settle this would be if anybody has scans of his.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:18 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by meep-meep
you don't just acquire top tier strength or speed. You must train and learn ways to develop it. Maybe T has 3 times the skill over Cap. The way to settle this would be if anybody has scans of his.

If you're saying that Triathlon had to work for him to become three times peak human in EVERY physical category, then you'd be mistaken. Jonathon Tremont secretly endowed Triathlon with the stolen powers of 3-D Man.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:36 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by meep-meep

I've got pretty much all of his appearances.... maybe i'll start a respect thread.... (but not tonight)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:38 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Triathlon wins.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:48 PM
cdtm

*Bump*

Think I'd have to back Cap here. Three athletic men sounds good on paper, but Caps beaten outright metas. US Agent, for one, is MUCH stronger then three men.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cap is stronger than 3 men. He is way more than peak human by feats.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 06:54 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote