KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Official favorite scripture thread!

Official favorite scripture thread!
Started by: docb77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chickenlover98
i editted it, spadoinkle wrote it all

ALright then. wink

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 11:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Ezekiel 25:17 read it sometimes...

Oh, and I'm not a bible quoter so I can get away with it..hehehe...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 08:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

(please log in to view the image) rolling on floor laughing

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:24 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

^ A loving god?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:45 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Lot liked it a lot

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 12:11 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Luke 19:27

Jesus said to him, "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 04:50 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Wow...that sounds a lot like Muhammed

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 08:01 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

Debbiejo-

I have said this in the past, and I'll say it again: "Read your Bible and actually study it!" Many people, including yourself, treat the Bible as "guilty until proven innocent." It should be the other way around; but anyway.

Isaiah 45:7 reads: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Problem: According to this verse, God "creates good and evil" (Jer. 18:11; Lam. 3:38, and Amos 3:6). But many other Scriptures inform us that God is not evil (1 John 1:5), cannot even look approvingly on evil (Hab. 1:13), and cannot even be tempted by evil (James 1:13).

Solution: The Bible is clear that God is morally perfect (Deut. 32:4; Matt. 5:48), and it is impossible for Him to sin (Heb. 6:18). At the same time, His absolute justice demands that He punish sin. This judgement takes both temporal and eternal form (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:11-15). In it temporal form, the execution of God's justice is sometimes called "evil" because it seems to be evil to those undergoing it (Heb. 12:11). However, the Hebrew word for evil (ra) used here does not always mean moral evil. Indeed, the context indicates that it should be translated, as the NKJV and other modern translations do, as "calamity." Thus, God is properly said to be the author of "evil" in this sense, but not in the moral sense--at least not directly.

Further, there is an indirect sense in which God is the author of moral evil. God created moral beings with free choice, and free choice is the origin of moral evil in the universe. So, ultimately God is responsible for moral evil. God made evil "possible" by creating free creatures, but free creatures made evil "actual." Of course, the possibility of evil (i.e., free choice) is itself a good thing. So, God created only good things, one of which was the power of free choice, and moral creatures produced the evil. However, God is the author of a moral universe and in this indirect and ultimate sense is the author of the possibility of evil. Of course, God only "permitted" evil, but does not "promote" it, and He will ultimately "produce" and greater good through it (Gen. 50:20; Rev. 21-22).

The relation of God and evil can be summarized this way:

GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF EVIL

In the sense of sin
Moral evil
Perversity
Directly
Actuality of evil

GOD IS THE AUTHOR OF EVIL

In the sense of calamity
Non-moral evil
Plagues
Indirectly
Possibility of evil

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 09:53 PM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Spoon - [Pittman 3:16]

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 10:02 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ushomefree
Debbiejo-

I have said this in the past, and I'll say it again: "Read your Bible and actually study it!" Many people, including yourself, treat the Bible as "guilty until proven innocent." It should be the other way around; but anyway.

No, the bible is not a person, it is a book. The problem has never been with the bible, but with the interpretation of some people, like yourself. You use circular logic to make your points. Things like the god of the bible created all things, and then you proceed to list what this god did not create. Or, the god of the bible is all knowing, but does not know what you are going to do tomorrow, or if “he” does know, “he” will not accept responsibility for what is supposedly “his” creation. If you met someone like this, I would bet, you would not like them.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 10:06 PM