KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » MLB Talk

MLB Talk
Started by: JoeyO11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (92): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
yankees lose 19-1 on steinbreners bday

laughing Yeah that's great.

I remmeber 22-0 also.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 05:10 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea 3 of the 4 worst beatings the yanks have suffered are at the hands of the indians.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:05 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Anyone else looking forward to the All Star game? I'm glad Vlad got in.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

no its retarded. If its going to decide home field advantage MLB should take it serious. Fans should not decide home field advantage and every team does NOT deserve or need a player in the game. MANY of the best players are either not in the game at all or not starting like they should be, its a total piece of shit utter crap fest.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 11:45 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I'll watch.

I'll also watch the Homerun Derby, which Ryan Howard will win.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 05:02 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm just happy that Blue Jays got 5 guys in the allstar game.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 05:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Lackey almost sorta threw a no-hitter. First batter of the game he gave up a double so it obviously wasnt a no-no. But then he did record 27 straight outs with no hits, which is just as hard as a no-no except i guess the fact that if he was actually on pace for the no-no there would be more pressure. Hes only the 4th guy to do this in the last 50 years, really odd thing to happen.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 06:20 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Travis Hafner has 5 grand-slams this year, and is the only player ever to have 5 before the All-Star Break.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 06:24 AM
forumcrew

6 is the record correct?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 12:58 AM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Tigers

'Nuff said raver

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 08:52 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

6 is the record correct?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.

I hope the Reds can stay in it and win the division or WC.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 01:12 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just love the AL West! It's just so friggin wacky! Everyone is chasing each other. Well, after the All star game things change. Despite been and Angel fan. I'm thinking The Rangers will come pretty close to win it. Can't wait for the second half of the season.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 04:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Let's do midseason predictions on who will win the Series, who will make the playoffs, MVP both leagues and Cy Young both leagues.

Series......hmmm Ill say....Boston over Mets
AL: Boston, White Sox, Texas and Detriot
NL: St.Louis, Mets, San Diego, LA,

MVP: AL: Hafner
NL:Pujols again
CY: NL: Penny
AL: Roy Halladay

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 06:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

AL: Double Sox, Seattle(homer pick), and Detriot
NL: St.Louis, Mets, Dodgers, San diego (id say houston if the NL west didnt suck so much that it made it easy for all the teams in it, man the west coast blows)

MVP: AL: Ortiz
NL: Pujols (but im really liking David Wright
CY: NL: Brandon Webb
AL: Liriano has no competition if he keeps this up

I think I like the Mets to win it all right now, mainly because their playoff run will be much easier on them than it will be on any of the AL teams.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:57 PM
forumcrew

Originally posted by DanZeke25
I'll watch.

ill watch but i mean come on, Mauer isnt the starting catcher? are you kidding me hes hitting almost 400. and the AL pitching it total crap on who got selected. I also dont like that they pick 3 OF's and they dont pick positions. Why not just pick 4 Infielders then instead of picking by actual positions.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:07 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Originally posted by DanZeke25
I'll watch.

Told you. Ryan Howard wins.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:53 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

ill watch but i mean come on, Mauer isnt the starting catcher? are you kidding me hes hitting almost 400. and the AL pitching it total crap on who got selected. I also dont like that they pick 3 OF's and they dont pick positions. Why not just pick 4 Infielders then instead of picking by actual positions.

Who would you select for AL pitching?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 05:17 AM
forumcrew

justin verlander, fransico liriano (although he ended up making it), john lackey. Kenny Rogers, Buehrle, and redman just dont belong, Rogers is close, but theres better guys. even ones i didnt mention.

Howard definitely looked good, but i was most impressed by David Wrights 16 HR first round, especially because he had the bigger challenge hitting from the right side. But Howards clutch late homeruns were impressive. Interesting the top 3 were NL East.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 06:32 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

If the Phillies could just get some pitching, they could be a real good team. Thats why I really hope they make the 3 way trade for Dontrelle, which would mean trading Abreu or Burrell to the Yankees. I hate both Abreu and Burrell, so I love this trade. It will be great to see Yankee fans boo them, because they'll expect them to be good, when in truth, Burrell strikes out ALOT in big situations, and Abreu's attitude is horrible. He is afraid of the wall, and all he cares about is his stats.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 06:53 AM
forumcrew

who are the yanks giving to Florida in that trade?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:18 PM