KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Talisman vs. Spectre

Talisman vs. Spectre
Started by: King_Mungi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

At the end of the day, Talisman is empowered by Elder Gods, she is their avatar to fight ancient evils. Therefore you would expect her to have the potential to handle anyone up to that level.

Youre saying that because her power is to control spirits that she'll be able to command the Spectre. Thats horrible logic.

A Talisman versus Spectre match up is incredibly lopsided. I know you love all things Alpha Flight and i admire your recent campaign to gain them credibility on these forums, but match ups like this are not the way forward no

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 9th, 2006 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:24 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Come on now has Quasar even been shown to control someone like that? That's not his power. However, with Talisman she has the power to control people. Their powers are not even closely related, try again.

Youre missing the point completely. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Talismans power may be able to control spirits, but that doesnt mean she can control absolutely any spirit. She has limits just like the powers behind her have limits, theyre just Elder Gods.

Youre being very naive.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:27 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
At the end of the day, Talisman is empowered by Elder Gods, she is their avatar to fight ancient evils. Therefore you would expect her to have the potential to handle anyone up to that level.

Youre saying that because her power is to control spirits that hse'll be able to command the Spectre. Thats horrible logic.

A Talisman versus Spectre match up is incredibly lopsided. I know you love all things Alpha Flight and i admire your recent campaign to gain them credibility on these forums, but match ups like this are not the way forward no

Nope, Llan surpassed her in every way imaginable. Even made Dr.Strange look like a chump, yet she still controlled his spirit creations. He was the sourse of all evil into our world. She never had a limit to what she can control, she could manipulate all magic as well.

Not really, since that's her power. Spectre is a spirit, she has been shown to control high skyfather gods like nothing. Your grasping at straws it's not faulty.

In a straight up fight if she didn't control him, then yes the Spectre would destroy her. That's nice, still doesn't prove I'm wrong.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:28 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Youre missing the point completely. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Talismans power may be able to control spirits, but that doesnt mean she can control absolutely any spirit. She has limits just like the powers behind her have limits, theyre just Elder Gods.

Youre being very naive.

Why by making comparsions that have no connection what's so ever

Wrong, as stated countless times in the series you stated I love oh so much she does in fact control all spirits. Nope, she doesn't and even if she did prove it.

No your trying to insult me, but havn't really backed anything up

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:30 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

And yet, Spectre could just... will Talisman.. to. . . no longer be able to use her powers at all.
How does she defend that?

You'll notice in Day of Judgement, he did it to Highfather, Shazam, Ganthet, Zues, Phantom Stranger at the same time, just by willing it.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:33 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Juntai
And yet, Spectre could just... will Talisman.. to. . . no longer be able to use her powers at all.
How does she defend that?

You'll notice in Day of Judgement, he did it to Highfather, Shazam, Ganthet, Zues, Phantom Stranger at the same time, just by willing it.

Nothing, but your assuming it takes awhile to control a spirit when it doesn't. She does it instantly, like I said one on one fight she would lose.

No he didn't, he first fought Spectre and Phantom Stranger then killed them or transformed them into a rat.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:35 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Nope, Llan surpassed her in every way imaginable. Even made Dr.Strange look like a chump, yet she still controlled his spirit creations. He was the sourse of all evil into our world. She never had a limit to what she can control, she could manipulate all magic as well.

Llan was the source of all evil in Marvel? confused

According to whom? Where was that conclusively shown? Sounds like hyperbole to me.

Not really, since that's her power. Spectre is a spirit, she has been shown to control high skyfather gods like nothing. Your grasping at straws it's not faulty.

And Quasars ability is to command all forms of energy so i guess that means he can handle any energy attacks sent his way regardless of who from? confused

In a straight up fight if she didn't control him, then yes the Spectre would destroy her. That's nice, still doesn't prove I'm wrong.

You havent shown that she could control him. Your logic is horrible. She may have the ability to control spirits, but to assume that she would be able to control absolutely any spirit regardless of their power level when she herself is empowered by Elder Gods is ludicrous.

Horrrible, horrible logic. no

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 9th, 2006 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:35 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Why by making comparsions that have no connection what's so ever

Wrong, as stated countless times in the series you stated I love oh so much she does in fact control all spirits. Nope, she doesn't and even if she did prove it.

No your trying to insult me, but havn't really backed anything up

Where does it state and show that Talisman can control and command absolutely any spirit she wants to. Come up with the relevant scans otherwise your argument is void.

No im not intending to insult you , im just calling it as i see it. To attempt to make a serious match up between a major cosmic being and a member of Alpha Flight is ridiculous. Your logic behind this is terrible. Id expect this from a noob, not someone as seasoned as yourself. wink

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:39 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Nothing, but your assuming it takes awhile to control a spirit when it doesn't. She does it instantly, like I said one on one fight she would lose.

No he didn't, he first fought Spectre and Phantom Stranger then killed them or transformed them into a rat.
Day of Judgment, not Day of Vengeance. He just willed the entire quintessence powerless.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:46 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Llan was the source of all evil in Marvel? confused

According to whom? Where was that conclusively shown? Sounds like hyperbole to me.

And Quasars ability is to command all forms of energy so i guess that means he can handle energy attacks sent his way regardless of who from? confused

You havent shown that she could control him. Youre logic is horrible. She may have the ability to control spirits, but top assume that she would be able to control absolutely any spirit regardless of their power level when she herself is empowered by Elder Gods is ludicrous.

Horrrible, horrible logic. no

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight72-03.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight72-09.jpg
3. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight72-20.jpg

No, because he has never shown to control someone doing that. While Talisman has. Also question where did you get that Elder Gods stuff and where Talisman had the limits, because that was never stated or the Gods she is the avatar for. Quasar did absrob Ego when Silver Surfer failed, but in the grand scheme of things Talisman is higher up than Quasar.

Of course not, but there is strong evidence with her powers she is capable of. If I knew for sure she could I wouldn't have made this thread. However, I have pointed out her abilities and strengths and how she has controlled various Gods since they were spirits. Where are you getting this Elder God stuff from? We have no idea what gods if it's all gods or a select few. No it's not.

Where does it state and show that Talisman can control and command absolutely any spirit she wants to. Come up with the relevant scans otherwise your argument is void.

No im not intending to insult you , im just calling it as i see it. To attempt to make a serious match up between a major cosmic being and a member of Alpha Flight is ridiculous. Your logic behind this is terrible. Id expect this from a noob, not someone as seasoned as yourself. wink

Oh it states it many times. This is from just one issue, I'll get the rest but I have to go through all of the respect thread.
1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight38-18.jpg
2. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight38-19.jpg
3. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight37-20.jpg
4. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight37-11.jpg
5. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight37-08.jpg
6. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight37-09.jpg

Bah! In many threads I have stated Alpha FLight would lose in various battles. Even all of Alpha Flight would be squashed under the might of Spectre, but Guardian has beaten Galactus (weakened of course):P Once again your trying to insult me, but brought nothing to the table.

Last edited by -K-M- on Apr 9th, 2006 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:49 PM
-K-M-

Day of Judgment, not Day of Vengeance. He just willed the entire quintessence powerless.

Maybe, but in Day of Vengeance he didn't. Like I said he doesn't take her long to control a spirit, it's a thought and your under her control.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:50 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Maybe, but in Day of Vengeance he didn't. Like I said he doesn't take her long to control a spirit, it's a thought and your under her control.
And in a thought, he can build an entire dimension and shut her in it, where-in she's nailed to a cross, and each morning, a flock of ravens rise and tear her flesh apart.

It's really a completely lopsided fight and you're obviously grasping at straws here.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:54 PM
-K-M-

And in a thought, he can build an entire dimension and shut her in it, where-in she's nailed to a cross, and each morning, a flock of ravens rise and tear her flesh apart.

It's really a completely lopsided fight and you're obviously grasping at straws here.

In a thought she can control him due to he is a spirit and she is the Binder of Spirits.

If she can't control him then yes it is, as I have said before. She can't match up with him in power.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:57 PM
Mider

from what i understand i dont know if having an army of spirits will help you when spectre came for satannus he did just that have an army of ghosts and junk waiting for the spectre but he knew that the army would likely fail and even if she controlls him she probably wont for long just like black alice couldnt even controll him half an hour like she can most people.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:57 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I mean if you seriously think if all you had to do to beat Spectre was take control of it with some soul manipulation. . . someone might have thought of it . . .?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:58 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Mider
from what i understand i dont know if having an army of spirits will help you when spectre came for satannus he did just that have an army of ghosts and junk waiting for the spectre but he knew that the army would likely fail and even if she controlls him she probably wont for long just like black alice couldnt even controll him half an hour like she can most people.

Eh? I'm not talking about her summoning a spirit army to attack him since she would lose, but talking about with her power to control him. She stole his powers, she didn't control him. That's different.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:58 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Preach!!!

I cant b arsed to read let alone reply to that long ass post above. Anyone with common sense can see how awful his logic is.

Ive said all i need to say for the moment. Thats unless someone decides to get smart wiv me. Educate the masses J. I'll leave this in your capable hands. wink

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:59 PM
-K-M-

I mean if you seriously think if all you had to do to beat Spectre was take control of it with some soul manipulation. . . someone might have thought of it . . .?

She is higher up than most people, she is the Binder of Spirits and the avatar of the Gods. Not many can claim that.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:59 PM
-K-M-

Preach!!!

I cant b arsed to read let alone reply to that long ass post above. Anyone with common sense can see how awful his logic is.

Ive said all i need to say for the moment. Thats unless someone decides to get smart wiv me. Educate the masses J. I'll leave this in your capable hands. wink

I've already stated she would lose if she couldn't control him.

Yeah you did wonders proving me wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey you started to insult me, at least I'm posting evidence rather than just saying my logic is faulty.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 09:01 PM
Mider

she cant say she is the wrath of the presance though, and you dont know if she can controll him

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 09:01 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote