KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » What Anime Are You Currently Collecting Or Watching?

What Anime Are You Currently Collecting Or Watching?
Started by: NBT x 20

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Kenichi is an inferior version of Ippo. Only saving grace was the fanservice and even that became obnoxious.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 01:15 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

HSD's strength over Ippo is the masters, imo.

Ippo has Takamura, while Kenichi has five Takamura's. smile

Only one I really miss is Shigure, though. Probably because she a relatively new master and still had some character growth to do, which they didn't do nearly enough with.

And I'll admit, I was a Shigure/Kenichi shipper to a point.. Not like their age difference is "that" great, and she did seem to have an affection to Kenichi that went a little further then friendship/master-student

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 12th, 2017 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 02:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Started Black Clover yesterday, it strongly reminds me of Fairy Tail. Which, can be a bad thing, but no crazy fan service as of yet.

Gintama episode 1 felt like a filler and the comedy is so try-hard, that it turns me off from starting episode 2. I hope it turns out better than episode 1 tho.

Half way through 5th Digimon movie, I'm just dying to see Gatomon new mega form.

Almost done with Dragon Maid, only the last episode left to watch and its going to be epic climax it seems.

Haven't start these yet, but soon:
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Food Wars S3
Kino 2017

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:34 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Fairy Tale, up around episode 77-80

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:35 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watching Shokugeki no Souma Season 3

Just finished reading the first three Overlord light novels. Loved it but stopped because I don't want to spoil the second season for myself.

Read the first two Irregular at the Magic High School light novels. Not sure I want to continue. Lots of info dumps and the writing is awkward. That might be a Japanese/Western thing, I'm not sure, but most of the time I'm not sure who is talking until the next paragraph. I like the story but I might just watch the anime again while I wait for the movie to be released.

Might try the Sword Art Online light novels next.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:36 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Just finished reading the first three Overlord light novels. Loved it but stopped because I don't want to spoil the second season for myself.

But... why? The novels are much better than the anime is.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:06 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by NewGuy01

That's exactly why. If I wait to read the novels until after I've seen the anime I should still enjoy the novels, but I'm not sure how much I will enjoy the anime after I've just read the novels.

I still have a few other light novels to go through (The Devil is a Part-Timer, Grimgar, Is is Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, Demon King Daimaou, etc) so hopefully I'll be able to keep myself busy.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:09 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Expelled from Paradise

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:18 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Later chapters of One Piece, I'm finding it harder to figure out what's going on.

Especially any time Law and his crazy powers are involved.. Almost every scene with him is "wtf did I just read?"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:07 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Just read through the Breaker/Breaker NW again. I wish the authors would resume work on it instead of that Trinity Wonder story they are working on now.

Ruler of the Land has been entertaining as of late. The first 100 chapters or so were meh, but it's picked up considerably since then.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:47 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Looked at Black Clover recently.

Looks like a poor man's Naruto meets Harry Potter fan fic. If garbage like this is getting published, I should have been a mangaka.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:55 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by cdtm
Looked at Black Clover recently.

Looks like a poor man's Naruto meets Harry Potter fan fic. If garbage like this is getting published, I should have been a mangaka.

it only works if you can draw cute girls

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:56 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Dreampanther
That's exactly why. If I wait to read the novels until after I've seen the anime I should still enjoy the novels, but I'm not sure how much I will enjoy the anime after I've just read the novels.

Well, luckily for you, Season 2 looks like it's going to be ****ing awesome. eek!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:58 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Well, luckily for you, Season 2 looks like it's going to be ****ing awesome. eek!

thumb up rock

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:08 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I had initially assumed that Season 2 would only cover Volumes 4-6 (which is already more content than 1-3, which the first season covered), however...

From that teaser PV, I saw clips from Volumes 7 and 8 (although one was an intermission, which aren't necessarily linked to their volume's content), as well as one of the audiodramas... and, unlike in the first season--which cut the intermission chapters--two intermissions were showcased in the PV.

In other words, we're getting way more content... which can mean one of two things. Either this season is going to be butchered in bizarre ways, or... instead of continuing the 13 episode 3 volume formula, we might (just maybe) get a 26 episode 6 Volume season. At this point it's a huge stretch, and you shouldn't count on it, but if we actually get to Volume 9... you're in for one hell of a ride.

(please log in to view the image)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But in reality we'll probably just get 4-6, maybe one episode for a butchered volume 8, and volume 7's intermission as a cliffhanger... which, paired with the upped animation quality and apparent determination to stay closer to the source material, will still be awesome. I can't wait, either way.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 30th, 2017 at 09:12 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 09:06 AM
cdtm

They're not imported and localized, are they?

Or do I want something like this:

http://skythewood.blogspot.com/p/kn...ake-no.html?m=1

http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/2014/10/O11.html?m=1

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 12:47 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Skythewood's translations are better quality than the official releases anyways. (I own all 5 of the officially released ones in addition to being subscribed to Skythewood since 2014)

Also, I can link you to their translations of Volumes 10-12 as well, if you want them.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 09:24 PM
vansonbee
Isee

On second episode of Mob Pyshco 100 and it doesn't disappoint for being the work of the same author as One-Punchman. The comedy is unique and every character gets to add their own twist to the overall story.

Gin no Saji is great as well, its basically about learning about farming and growing up and knowing what to do in life.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 10:02 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Reigen just might be the best character of anything ever.

And the body improvememt club is fairly unique, in that the muscle bound students are pretty stand up guys that genuinely encourage Mob, and are even protective of him.

At least, unique by western standards, where nearly all creatives have a massive chip on their shoulders against jocks and portray them all as massive dicks/bullies/idiots. Ala "Biff" from Back to the Future.

Of course, anyone who grew up in school knows plenty of jocks are good people, far from idiots, and would be the first to have your back against a bully.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 30th, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 11:29 PM
cdtm

Mob Psycho 100 manga.

The amateur artwork kind of adds to the appeal.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:03 PM