KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry potter and the..............

Harry potter and the..............
Started by: Denniz234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

“So, how did you get away from your mum, Ron?” Hermione asked, not taking her attention off the box of random junk that filled it.
“She told me to go upstairs and get my cloak to measure, and I just never came back. But don't worry, Hermione,” Hermione opened her mouth to interrupt. “I left a note for her, so she doesn't worry.”
“Ron, all the notes in the world wouldn't keep your mother from worrying about you.”sighed Hermione
They went through more boxes and when Harry got to the bottom of a crate, he moved it out of the way, but stopped when he heard something move, and there was a sound of metal hitting wood. Ron and Hermione both stopped and looked at it.
“The bottom of the inside of the crate doesn't fit with the outside. It's shallower than it looks,” Harry said, after examining it. He felt around in the box to see if there was a way to get to what was underneath.
“Turn it upside down,” Ron suggested. “Maybe it'll fall out.” Harry did so, but it didn't work. He smacked it, but the bottom wouldn't budge.
“Know any spells for getting the bottom off of a crate, Hermione?” Harry said, half joking, half expecting her to come up with something. She pointed her wand at two pieces of silver and transfigured them into an ordinary muggle hammer and crow bar. She handed both to Harry.
“Sometimes the muggle way is simpler.” Harry nodded in agreement and slid the crow bar under on of the lath pieces and hit the end of the bar with the hammer to get better leverage underneath. He then bent the crow bar back, and the nail popped out of the hole, and the lath snapped off. Harry put the hammer and crow bar down, and Ron picked them up, looking at them with awe.
“Amazing. Amazing that a simple muggle thing-a-ma-bob could do that.” Both Harry and Hermione smiled at each other as Harry felt around for whatever was rattling around. He first pulled out an envelope and handed it to Hermione, and reached around for the metal object.
“This envelope is addressed to Sirius,” Hermione said when she read the name.
“What does it say?” Hermione slit it open, and pulled out the note. She read, “Dear Sirius, I need you to hold on to something for me. NEVER let anyone find it. It involves a way to defeat Voldemort. Keep it safe, again, NEVER let anyone find it. I don't know what's going to happen to me now that I've tried to back out, but I can guarantee it's not something I'll live through. I know things have never been great between us, but please, do this for me. As one last wish from your baby brother. Regulus.” Hermione and Ron looked up as Harry lifted a locket on a gold chain with a small serpent in the shape of an `S' engraved on it. They all looked at it in shock. Shock that it had been so easy to find, and that they had actually found the Horcrux.
“So now what do we do?” Ron asked.
“I think we should leave it in the house for right now. It's a safe place; no one will come here except us, since it belongs to Harry. We'll decide when to destroy it, and…who's blood we need.” So, leaving the locket and the letter in a safe spot in Ron and Harry's old bedroom, the trio went back to the Burrow. After sitting through one of Mrs. Weasley's lectures on leaving without telling anyone during dangerous times, Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat outside on the back porch, just like they did the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding. Harry and Hermione sat rocking back and forth on the swing, and Ron sat on the porch railing. They sat in silence until Hermione spoke up.
“Ok, we need to discuss this coming year.”
“What about it?”asked Harry
“Well, since Mrs. Weasley didn't take us and Ginny to Diagon Ally today, she's talking about going tomorrow. We need to go on like we're going back to school this year. We need to go through with buying the books, robes, whatever we need, so we don't raise suspicion. So then on September 1st, we'll be on the train to Hogwarts, go through all the ceremony, and then we'll talk later. How's that sound?” Harry and Ron nodded, glad that Hermione was the brains of the operation, because she had it all figured out, while they didn't really have a clue of what to do next. It worried Harry what they were all getting themselves into. He knew he had to do it; he had to destroy the Horcruxes and kill Voldemort. But it didn't settle the feeling of dread that constantly sat in the pit of his stomach, he had no idea what the future held for all of them, and that was what mostly worried him.
“You know what I wish?” Ron and Hermione turned they're heads to Harry to show they were listening.
“I wish that I knew how this would all turn out. I wish I could see the future, and know whether we all live or die through this.”
“You'll live, Harry,” Hermione said, her eyes drooping with exhaustion. “I'm sure of it. You'll go on, and live the life that most people only ever dreamt about, a life without the threat of Voldemort.”
“But you don't know that I will, Hermione. What about you? And Ron?” Ron waved the thought away with his hand.
“We'll live, Harry. We're tough, we'll make it,” Ron said, trying to sound reassuring, but in the back of his mind, and in his two friends beside him, they didn't know if he was right, there was no way to find out until that day.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 08:21 PM
Denniz234 is currently offline Click here to Send Denniz234 a Private Message Find more posts by Denniz234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

wiil more people plz review coz it fells like no1s reading this!!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 08:22 PM
Denniz234 is currently offline Click here to Send Denniz234 a Private Message Find more posts by Denniz234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

The next morning, the trio, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley set out for Diagon Alley. Mrs. Weasley was becoming overbearing, and all teenagers wanted to escape as quickly as possible. No matter what they said or did, Mrs. Weasley never let them leave. Ginny had resorted to begging.
“Please, Mum, I'll be fine, can't you just let me go by myself?”
“No! Things are too dangerous nowadays to be wandering around by yourself. There's no guarantee that you'll be protected.” Mrs. Weasley grabbed Ginny's arm to pull her along, but Ginny wrenched it out of her grip.
“Mum, I'm not a child!” she said fiercely. “Stop treating me like I'm five years old!” Mrs. Weasley sighed and kept walking, her fuming daughter following her. Harry, Hermione, and Ron started walking again, completely bored out of their minds. When Mrs. Weasley suggested they go visit Fred and George in their shop, they all lightened up. A joke shop full of people and chaos would be the perfect way to escape. Just as they all suspected, the shop was filled with students buying joke supplies. While Fred and Mrs. Weasley were talking, Ron beckoned for his older brother, Fred's twin, George.
“What?” asked George
“Keep Mum busy, we're trying to ditch her.” said Ron
“Ah, trying to play the rebel, little bro?” laughed George
“She's overbearing.” moaned Ron
“Of course she is, she's Mum. I'll see what I can do.” replied George
“Thanks, George, we owe you one.” George nodded and joined his brother talking to their mum.
“Mum, you've got to see some of the new things we've come up with. Should be a high seller.” Mrs. Weasley agreed to go, and while they were walking away, George gave Ron a thumbs up to tell him to go. Ron grinned and turned to his friends.
“Alright. Let's go. See ya later, Gin.” Harry, Hermione, and Ron all apparated at the same time, leaving Ginny. But it didn't matter to her; she'd rather be by herself than with the trio. She stepped out of the store and onto the street, deciding where to go next. When she and Harry last talked, Ginny had pretended that she was ok with everything, but the truth of the matter was she was still angry about it. The only member of the trio that Ginny really talked to was her brother, only because he was the only one who hadn't betrayed her or tossed aside. She was furious with Harry, and hated Hermione with a passion. Every little thing about Hermione irritated her, from her intelligence, to the fact that to Harry, Hermione could do no wrong, that he had her on a pedestal that no girl could ever measure up to. And then he said he didn't love her, that there was nothing between them. Foolish boys, they couldn't see love if it was standing right in front of them. And Hermione was just as foolish, she said there was nothing between her and Harry. Ginny laughed to herself. And people thought Hermione was smart. And that was what hurt, and made Ginny's jealousy of Hermione grow even more than it had been from day one. Ginny didn't realize where she was going until she reached the end of Diagon Alley, about to go into Knockturn Alley. She turned around, but didn't realize three men beginning to follow her as she made her way back to Diagon Alley. She sensed someone following her, and turned, and that was when they grabbed her. Ginny tried to scream, but one of the men covered her mouth with his hand. She tried to reach for her wand, but they were quicker, and flung the wand onto the streets as they carried Ginny deeper into Knockturn Alley.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 08:40 PM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

as no one is responding to my story i have decided to stop writing it i thank the people that have been reading my story and i am sorry to anyone that wanted me 2 carry on!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 07:51 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

waht no dont stop! I like your story i was just too lazy to respond sry!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 08:48 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

i never imagine that Ginny would be jeaslous of Hermione but you make it seem so real

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 08:53 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

ok then i will carry on my story for u iluvhpsomuch1_7 but if no1 writes any reviews den i will stop.This mite sound like im bein picky but i feel like an idiot writing and no1 writes back blink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 03:37 PM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

It was the scariest moment of Ginny's life. She didn't what was going to happen to her, whether she'd live or die. Her mind was numb to what was actually going on, all she could think about was that she was going to die. She didn't see someone reach down and pick up her wand and hold it in the opposite hand of the own that held his own wand. He held his wand at the ready.
“Let her go,” He said in a threatening voice. The three men stopped and looked for who spoke. One of them sneered at the intruder.
“What do you want?”
“I want you to let her go. Now.”
“What authority do you have over us, Malfoy? You're so low on the Death Eater chain, that you're not even fit to wipe the dirt off of our shoes. You think we'll listen to you?”
“I could curse you. Remember all of those curses Voldemort taught me? I could use them now.” The third man pointed at him.
“Don't say his name, boy. You're not worthy enough to use it!”
“C'mon, you two, let's go. Let this traitor have the *****,” The second man said, and they all disapparated. Draco knelt next to Ginny, who, wide-eyed with fear, tried to get up and run away, but Draco held her still.
“Are you alright, Weasley?” Ginny didn't answer, now more scared than she was with the three men.
“I'm not going to hurt you.” Ginny finally found her voice.
“Why should I believe anything you say, Malfoy? You're the enemy!” Draco stood, and offered his hands to Ginny to help her up.
“I'm not the enemy. I've been exiled by who you call the enemy. I'm no longer part of them.” Ginny laughed, not taking Draco's offer and still sat on the ground.
“I refuse to believe that. What would make them send you into exile?” asked Ginny
“The fact that I couldn't complete a mission. I'm actually very lucky, I could've been killed for my failure.” replied Malfoy
“Why should I believe your story, how can you prove it?” asked Ginny
“If I was meant to be a Death Eater, don't you think I would've gone through my mission?” Ginny looked at Draco hesitantly, but finally took Draco's offered hand and he pulled her up.
“Do you have the…Dark Mark on your arm?” Draco nodded slowly. “Trust me, Ginny, I've taken Dumbledore's advice that he gave me before he died and come over to the other side. Though as a silent follower, I'm sure no one will be pleased to have me right away.”
“I must be crazy, but I'll give you a chance for right now. And…thank you, for…saving me.” said Ginny
“You're welcome.” They were silent for a while, neither one really sure what to do next.
“So, are you still going out with Potter?” Ginny looked up and glared at Draco.
“Don't. Remind me of him. He's nothing but a…there are no words to describe him.”
“That bad?” asked Malfoy
“Actually, it's not him I'm mad at it. It's not him I hate. It's that female best friend of his that I can't stand.”
“What's wrong with Granger? Besides her being an overbearing know-it-all.” laughed Malfoy
“Harry loves her and not me, and he's too much of an idiot to realize that he loves her.” moaned Ginny
“Well, I knew that, everyone knew that.” said Malfoy
“You all knew that he didn't love me?” asked Ginny
“Everyone knew he would never love you, Ginny. Because of Hermione. And no one ever understood why you wasted your time with him. Sorry to be so blunt, but…” replied Malfoy
“How could I have been so stupid and foolish?” Draco shrugged.
“I guess we're all allowed to be stupid and foolish sometimes.” said Malfoy
“Yeah. Well, I should probably go, my mother will looking for me.” Ginny turned to go.
“Hey, Ginny?” Ginny stopped and looked back.
“Want to do something daring and rebellious?”
“Like what?” asked Ginny
“Want to meet me again sometime?” Ginny smiled.
“When?” asked Ginny
“I don't know. Next Friday?” replied Malfoy
“I can't. There's a whole bunch of family stuff going on that day. Are you going back to school?” Draco shook his head.
“Well, we can meet up in Hogsmeade. How about the first Friday after term starts?”
“Alright.” replied Malfoy
“At seven?” asked Ginny
“Yeah.”
“Alright. Till then.” Ginny smiled and nodded.
“Bye.” As Ginny walked away, she thought to herself, `What am I doing? I just said I'd meet Malfoy in Hogsmeade! What is the matter with me? What will people say? Ron would be annoyed, and…' Ginny smiled, `So would Harry.' Suddenly, the risk she was taking meeting Malfoy didn't seem so dangerous now. Infact she was starting to like this 'new' Malfoy

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 03:56 PM
Scotty Brockman
My hearts lost n Darkness

Oh, good post and if you even think about stopping I'll stop my story and gie you hell! LOL But anyways great post and can't wait for new post.

Thanks H. S. 6 for making SIG and special thanks to Lana for helping me fix problem

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:24 PM
Scotty Brockman is currently offline Click here to Send Scotty Brockman a Private Message Find more posts by Scotty Brockman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

NO! u cant stop ur story ur story is legend

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:28 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

look just because people dont write back doesnt mean you should stop. Like when i started my story no one wrote back but now everyone writes back just give it time. I luved your post but i hope Ginny and Harry stay together and that Harry doesnt love Hermione or Ginny loves Draco. But don't change it because i said that! I want to read what you intend to write!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:59 PM
Scotty Brockman
My hearts lost n Darkness

hehe *evil grin* I'm not going to quit but I'll leave you with a gift, my next chapter is called

Harry Vs. Malfoy

How do you like that hehe I'll writing it tonight yay! Lol But seriously that's the next chapter so i'll leave you wondering what si going to happen.

Thanks H. S. 6 for making SIG and special thanks to Lana for helping me fix problem

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:24 AM
Scotty Brockman is currently offline Click here to Send Scotty Brockman a Private Message Find more posts by Scotty Brockman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

ur evil scotty, and btw i dont no what shipper mine is yet iluvhpsomuch1_7 i think it mite be a h/hr but i aint sure!!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:23 PM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

awesome and dont stop but I can only post over the weekends and its great!!!but aww H/HR sad o well ill get over it but I like the Ginny/Draco stuff!!!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 06:50 PM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snv87_30

I have been reading your story for a while now but have not been able to post any feedback b/c my mom wouldn't let me sign up. Now I have so I just wanted to tell you that I really like your story. I am a H/G shipper but its always nice to read something different so keep writing. Your doing a great job.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 12:41 AM
snv87_30 is currently offline Click here to Send snv87_30 a Private Message Find more posts by snv87_30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

soory for the h/hr but its just how i wrote it and this next post will be my only post this week coz ive got SATS all week(god i hate bein 13) anyway i mite have the next update up tonite

Old Post May 1st, 2006 10:42 AM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

wat the hell who cares about revising here it goes...

“Ginny, where'd you go?” Ron asked his sister later after they had met up and were going back to Fred and George's joke shop.
“Oh, just…around. I went to a…whole bunch of places.” Ron nodded in understanding.
“Mum's going to be furious.” Ginny shrugged.
“Oh well, what is she going to do, you're seventeen now, I'm going to be in a few months, we're not kids anymore.”
“Have fun convincing Mum of that, Gin.” Ginny shrugged again and turned her attention to Harry and Hermione who were walking along in silence.
“You two seem awfully quiet.”said |Ginny
Hermione gave a half smile.
“Just thinking.” There was no time to say anything else, they had reached Fred and George's shop.

Harry stared silently at the red sunrise from his seat at Ron’s window and sighed.

“You alright, mate?” asked Ron, throwing on a pair of pants.

“Yeah,” replied Harry. “Just...”

“A bit thrown that you’re finally going back to where you lived with your parents?” suggested Ron.

“Something like that,” said Harry with a smile. “I never knew them...but I can’t shake the feeling that I’m going home.”

“I wouldn’t really know,” shrugged Ron.

“You boys almost ready in there?” asked Hermione, knocking on the door.

“Yeah,” replied Harry. “C’mon in.”

The door opened slightly and Hermione poked her head inside.

“Come on,” she urged. “We want to avoid people bugging us, remember?”

“Yep,” replied Harry.

“Do we even know where we’re going?” asked Ron as they got downstairs. “It’s not like we can apparate there, can we?”

“Even if we could, I don’t think it would be a good idea,” said Hermione. “We might apparate right in front of some muggle.”

“So how are we getting there?” asked Harry, mentally chastising himself for not thinking of this sooner.

“Well...as much as I hate to say it...” trailed Hermione. As they got out back she pointed to three brooms leaning against the side of the house, one of which Harry recognised as his Firebolt. “We’re flying.”

“How did you get a hold of these?” asked Ron, inspecting the broom next to Harry’s. “They’re not half bad...and aren’t we liable to be seen flying around in broad daylight?”

“That’s why we’re leaving before the sun is fully up,” replied Hermione with a huff. “And I asked Remus for some help in getting them.”

“He didn’t object?” asked Harry.

“On the contrary, he thought it was a smart idea to fly instead of trying to apparate and he approved of us asking him for help as opposed to trying to do it ourselves.”

“Well,” said Harry, grabbing his broom. “Let’s be off.”

“Alright,” said Hermione. “Now mind you, Godric’s Hollow is a fairly small place, so we may have to ask for directions, but I know the general area that it’s near.”

“Okay,” said Ron, mounting his broom. “So which way are we headed?”

“Due south,” replied Hermione, getting on her broom as well. “Straight over the forest.”

“Lead the way, then,” said Harry, doing the same. Hermione gave a great sigh and Harry swore that he could see her lips move in a silent prayer as she kicked off the ground and flew a few feet into the air. Smiling, he did the same and rose up next to her.

“I bloody hate flying,” she muttered.

“You’ll get used to it,” replied Harry with a smile. “Besides, it’s not like we’re going to be playing a game of quidditch or anything.

“And thank god for that,” she replied.

“Oy! Let’s get a move on you two,” smiled Ron from behind them. With a nod, Hermione rose higher and sped off over the canopy.

Harry flew after her, followed by Ron. He took a deep breath and let the wind penetrate his body...it had been far too long since he had been flying properly. Taking another breath, he looked to his left and saw the sun barely creeping over the horizon in the distance, giving the sky a warm, pink glow.

“It’s really beautiful, isn’t it?” said a voice to Harry’s right.

“LUNA!” exclaimed Harry, nearly falling off his broom. Ron, barely seeing Harry skid to a halt in time, had to make a quick move up so as not to crash into him. “Don’t do that!”

“Sorry,” she said with a shrug. “I would’ve thought you heard me come up behind you.”

“You could’ve given me some warning, mate,” said Harry, narrowing his eyes at Ron.

“But then it wouldn’t have been funny,” he replied, trying to conceal a laugh.

“Why are we stopped?” asked Hermione, flying up to them. “Oh, hello Luna.”

“Hello,” she replied in her usual airy voice. “So why are you three up so early?”

“Er...we could ask the same of you,” said Harry, with a small smile.

“Oh I always go out for flights in the morning,” replied Luna. “They help calm me.”

“That’s lovely,” said Hermione. “We really must be going though...”

“Oh, where to?” asked Luna with a bright smile.

“Um...where my parents used to live,” answered Harry.

“Godric’s Hollow?” she asked, prompting Harry to nod. “Okay, have a nice day!”

And without another word she flew off.

Harry stared off after her for a moment before looking over at Ron, who was looking at Hermione, who was looking back at Harry. He chuckled and shook his head before laying flat on his broom and speeding off after Luna.

“Hey,” he said catching up to her a few seconds later. “Do you want to come with us?”

“Oh,” replied Luna, slowing to a halt. “I couldn’t possibly intrude...”

“I wouldn’t be inviting you if I thought you’d be intruding,” said Harry with a smile. Luna grinned broadly at him and nodded once. “Let’s go then.”

They flew back to where Ron and Hermione were waiting for them, and were met with a chuckle from both of them.

“Glad to have you along, Luna,” said Ron, with a smile.

“I’m quite honored that you said I could come,” she shrugged. “I don’t really feel like it’s my place to be with you at such a sacred place.”

“You’re a friend,” said Harry. “A good friend at that. You’re always welcome.”

Harry thought for a second that he had silenced Luna, something that he thought was probably impossible, but the next moment she shrugged and smiled at them.

“Well, let’s get going,” said Hermione. “We’ve got a bit of a flight.”

“Right,” said Luna. “It’s something like a hundred kilometers to the southwestern coast as it is.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” asked Ron.

“Godric’s Hollow is near the shore down there...” said Hermione. “How did you know about that Luna?”

“I’ve been in that area many times,” she shrugged. “A lot of rare animals are supposed to inhabit that part of Britain.”

“Right...” said Harry hesitantly, though it was with a smile. “Well, let’s get on with it then.”

r&r plz

Old Post May 1st, 2006 11:18 AM
snv87_30

Its really good. I liked how you threw Luna into the mix. Keep up the good work.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 02:21 AM
snv87_30 is currently offline Click here to Send snv87_30 a Private Message Find more posts by snv87_30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

The four of them were flying for just under two hours before the coastline became clearly visible. Hermione was in the lead, followed by Harry, while Ron and Luna were flying side by side, bringing up the rear.

Harry turned his head around to look at Ron and Luna who were talking to each other animatedly. Chuckling, he flew up to Hermione who was looking determinedly straight ahead.

“Relax,” said Harry, looking at her. “You’re much too tense. It causes the broom to react too fast.”

“I. Hate. Flying,” growled Hermione through gritted teeth. They were flying above the bottommost clouds so as not to be seen by people on the ground, and he sensed that the height was bothering her.

“Just relax,” repeated Harry, reaching over and placing his hand on hers. “Merlin, what are you trying to do? Choke the broom?”

“It’s not funny,” replied Hermione, though Harry noted that she did ease slightly at his touch.

“How come you hate flying so much anyway?” asked Harry, pulling his hand away.

“I just keep feeling like I’m going to mess up and it’ll be all over in a flash,” she said, still looking straight ahead.

“You know that even if you did fall, I’m much faster than gravity,” said Harry flashing a grin.

“I suppose you are,” chuckled Hermione. “See that village way down there?”

“Yeah,” replied Harry. “Is that it?”

“No,” replied Hermione. “That’s as close as I can get us. You should probably ask Luna if she knows the rest of the way.”

“Alright,” said Harry. “And remember, just relax.”

“I’ll try to,” said Hermione, smiling.

Harry fell back to where Ron and Luna were flying, and managed to catch some of their conversation as he approached.

“...and my father always said that knarples were rather tiny, but I don’t think they’d be too much smaller than a hinkypunk given their diet...” Harry heard Luna as he reached them “Oh, hello Harry.”

“Hi,” he said with a smile. “See the village down there?” Both Ron and Luna looked down at the village a few kilometers ahead of them and nodded. “Hermione knows that Godric’s Hollow is near there, but that’s it. We’re hoping you can show us the rest of the way.”

“Ask Hermione if that’s Bhraunwall,” said Luna. Harry nodded and flew up to Hermione.

“Is the name of that village Bhraunwall?” he asked, noting that Hermione had resumed her death-grip on the broom.

“I believe so,” she replied quickly. “Named for the famous eighteenth century wizard who secretly helped the muggles –”

“Hermione?” interrupted Harry.

“Mm?” she asked nervously.

In one deft move, Harry swung his legs over the side of his broom and, making sure to maintain a firm grip on his broom, jumped to Hermione’s, causing her to shriek in terror and drop a few feet in height.

“Relax,” he whispered in her ear with a smile.

“Don’t you ever bloody do that again!” she yelled, breathing hard. “We could’ve been killed!”

“Nah,” grinned Harry, placing his left hand on her waist, while still holding on to his Firebolt with his right. “Despite the fact that you hate flying, you know what you’re doing.”

“That doesn’t mean you have the right to scare me like that,” said Hermione, calming down.

“I’m sorry about that,” said Harry, placing his chin on her shoulder. “But I have to get you to relax somehow.”

“You’re still a right git,” replied Hermione, leaning back into Harry slightly.

Neither of them spoke for about a minute, and Harry had actually forgotten that Ron and Luna were behind them until Harry felt a light tap on his shoulder.

“Mate?” asked Ron from his right. “Looked like you dozed off there.”

“Nah,” said Harry, looking over and seeing Luna on the other side of Ron. “That’s the right village, Luna.”

“We need to go west for about four kilometers,” she replied. “Godric’s Hollow doesn’t have more than thirty buildings, so we’ll need to fly low to see it.”

“There’s a forest up ahead,” pointed out Ron. “We can fly just above the canopy.”

“Sounds like a plan,” smiled Harry. Ron and Luna nodded and dropped back, presumably to continue their conversation. Harry turned back to Hermione and could see that she was smiling slightly. “What’s funny?”

“Nothing,” she replied. “Just how adorable those two are.”

“Huh?” asked Harry, turning around to look at Ron and Luna. It surprised him to see that they weren’t looking where they were going, but were actually making such extraordinary eye contact that had it not been for the fact that Ron’s mouth was moving, Harry would’ve guessed they were playing the game where one tries not to blink.

“She’s liked him for ages,” said Hermione. “But she’s just really shy when it comes to things like that.”

“I had no idea,” commented Harry, turning back to Hermione. “So you’re warming up to her slightly?”

“She’s a good person at heart,” she replied. “And that’s what counts.”

“You’ve relaxed,” he whispered, grinning.

“It’s easier when I have a bodyguard,” replied Hermione with a smile. “I suppose we should start to descend.”

“Don’t miss me while I’m gone,” said Harry, giving her arm a quick squeeze with his free hand before jumping clear off her broom, only to right himself on his Firebolt a moment later.

“Must you do stuff like that?” asked Hermione, as she descended down to him.

“I haven’t been flying in so long,” shrugged Harry. “I miss the old quidditch moves, after all.”

“I certainly don’t,” replied Hermione, shaking her head.

“That’s it!” Luna called out from behind them. They turned around to see her pointing at a small cluster of buildings close to the ocean a few kilometers ahead of them, surrounded by trees on three sides.

“Last one there’s a rotten Malfoy!” called out Ron, accelerating past Harry and Hermione. Grinning, Harry chased after him, while Hermione and Luna flew behind them, going slow on purpose.

“You two are no fun, you know that?” asked Ron a few minutes later, as Hermione and Luna landed next to him and Harry.

“Well unlike you two, we don’t see fit to partake in such juvenile acts like racing,” said Hermione, dismounting.

“So this is it,” said Harry, looking around.

They were standing on a dirt road that led into the heart of the small cluster of buildings that was Godric’s Hollow. On their left was clear, flat, country, and on their right was forest, the ocean only a few hundred feet beyond the trees.

“Guess we go on foot from here,” shrugged Harry, walking off towards the houses.

“And what are you going to do about that?” asked Hermione, pointing at his broom. “It is a muggle village, after all.”

“Er...”

“Give it here, then,” said Hermione, holding out her hand. Harry reluctantly handed her his broom, and with a quick flourish of her wand, she had shrunk it to the size of a matchstick. “Just don’t lose it,” she said, giving it back to Harry, who put it in his pocket

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:47 PM
snv87_30

That was awsome. Ron and Luna... I never thought of them as a couple. But anything can happen. I think its great so far. Please continue to post, don't quit u write really well. Can't wait for the next post! smile

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:13 PM