KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry potter and the..............

Harry potter and the..............
Started by: Denniz234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

“I won’t,” said Harry seriously, watching as Ron shrunk his and Luna’s broom too. Hermione followed suit with her own, and in no time they were walking towards the village.

Hermione suggested that they should ask someone where their destination was, so as they reached a petrol station, the four of them headed over to it and walked inside.

“Kin I help ye?” asked the man behind the behind the counter in a very heavy Scottish accent. Harry was immediately reminded of Hagrid, in that this man was probably over six and a half feet tall, and had an extremely long beard, though his hair was red, and he was chewing on a toothpick.

“We’re looking for something,” said Hermione with a smile.

“Oh, aye?” asked the man. “Well, there’s nut anythin’ round these parts that I dun know about. Mebbe I kin help ye out.”

“We’re looking for where James and Lily Potter used to live,” said Harry, looking the man dead in the eye.

Harry wasn’t sure if the man was gaping, but the toothpick fell out of his mouth and landed on the counter, bouncing slightly.

“Well, bless me marbles,” said the man looking at Harry. “Ye look jus’ like James Potter yerself.”

“I’m his son,” said Harry. “I’d like to know where they lived.”

“Course...o’ course,” said the man, fishing around the register for something. “I’ll take ye there meself. Ne’er a nicer pair o’ people, yer parents.” The man finally found a set of keys and led them from the store, locking when they were outside. “I knew ‘em o’ course.”

“Did you?” asked Harry, walking alongside the man while Hermione, Ron, and Luna all followed behind them.

“Ye,” replied the man. “Terrible thing, tha’ gas explosion. How’d ye survive it anyhow?”

“I don’t know,” shrugged Harry, understanding that this man knew nothing of Lord Voldemort.

“Well, ye couldn’t ‘ave bin more than a couple yars old anyhow,” said the man. “Blimey, I haven’t even introduced meself yet. Folks round here call me McCleary.”

“Nice to meet you,” said Harry with a smile.

“Same to you, Misser Potter,” replied McCleary. “That be the spot, just up on the right past that thar house at the end.”

“Thank you very much,” smiled Harry, extending his hand to the man.

“Anything for the son of James an’ Lily,” said McCleary, shaking his hand. “And if ye need anything at all, come round the station.”

“We’ll do that,” said Harry. The man turned and smiled and nodded at Hermione, Ron, and Luna, all of whom smiled in return as he walked off.

“Honestly...how ye got this far out into the country without a car...” Harry heard him mutter as he walked away.

“Well he was nice,” remarked Ron, once the man had gone.

“Very nice,” agreed Luna. “So is this it?”

“I guess so,” said Harry, turning to his right and looking at the empty space between the last house, and the trees on the left. In the middle of the ground was a patch of bare earth, where grass didn’t grow. “I guess that’s where the house was.”

“They probably filled in the foundation after it was destroyed,” said Hermione, as the four of them walked up to it.

“I wonder why they never built a new house here,” remarked Luna.

“I bet Dumbledore had something to do with that,” said Ron. “Probably paid a load of money to keep it like this.”

“C’mon,” said Harry, walking up to the edge of the trees towards the back of the empty space. “There’s a path here.”

The four of them walked along the path through the woods for a few minutes, stopping every so often to look around and remark on their surroundings.

They had been walking for about ten minutes when Hermione put her hand on Harry’s arm, causing him to halt.

“Look,” she whispered, pointing at a tree on their right. Harry turned and saw a rather large tree standing a few feet off the path. There was nothing unusual about the tree, except for something scratched into the bark. Curious, Harry walked up to the tree and froze when he saw what was carved there.

JP
+
LE

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:30 PM
Denniz234 is currently offline Click here to Send Denniz234 a Private Message Find more posts by Denniz234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

Harry felt tears sting at his eyes as he stared at the inscription, so simple, yet so meaningful to him.

“L.E.?” asked Ron, confused.

“My mother’s maiden name was Evans,” reminded Harry, wiping at his eyes. “This must’ve been from before they were married.”

Ron nodded silently and the four of them stood there for a while in silence, thinking about what the world must’ve been like when the initials had been carved into the tree.

“Well, let’s move on,” said Harry. “I want to see where this path goes.”

It only took them a few more minutes to find out where the path went. The trees in front of them disappeared to reveal a small clearing that stretched to a cliff, where waves from the ocean could be heard crashing on the rocks below. In the middle of clearing stood a simple white arbor, similar to the one at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, behind which there was a small garden in which, surprisingly, dozens of flowers were growing.

“This must have been where they were married,” breathed Hermione, looking around.

“How are these flowers here?” asked Harry, kneeling down next to the garden. “Flowers don’t last for nearly twenty years.”

“Someone must be taking care of them,” said Ron. “Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if someone was paid to take care of this place.”

“Harry?” asked Hermione, as he got up and began to walk towards the cliff.

“I’m just going to go have a seat,” he replied, not turning to look at her. None of them made any argument, and he walked to the edge of the grass and sat down, staring out at the waves rolling towards the shore.

He sighed and plucked a few strands of grass from the ground, releasing them individually off the edge of the cliff.

“Do you mind if I join you?” asked Luna, from behind him.

“Not at all,” replied Harry.

She sat down and hugged her knees to her chest, resting her chin on them.

“It’s so peaceful here,” she remarked, looking out at the ocean.

“Yeah it is,” replied Harry. “I can see why my parents lived here...it’s gorgeous.”

“You have wonderful friends, Harry,” said Luna. “Don’t ever forget that, no matter what happens.”

“Er...I won’t,” he replied, turning to look at her. “What makes you say that?”

“Just reminding you,” shrugged Luna. “Keep them close. Especially Hermione.”

“Why Hermione?” asked Harry with a smile.

“If you don’t know already, I’m not going to be the one to tell you,” replied Luna with a smile.

“Hey mate!” shouted Ron from beside the garden. “C’mon! There’s food to be eaten!”

Harry turned around and saw that Hermione had apparently brought a picnic, as there was a blanket laid out on the ground with some food laying on it.

“One second!” shouted Harry in response. “What are you talking about, Luna?” he asked, turning back to her, but she had already gotten up and was walking back towards Ron and Hermione. Chuckling to himself, he made a mental note to talk to her about it later, got up, and walked over to where Ron had already begun shoveling food into his mouth.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:31 PM
Denniz234 is currently offline Click here to Send Denniz234 a Private Message Find more posts by Denniz234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snv87_30

Really good post. I haven't read many stories where it's gone to his parent's place yet. They all seem to quit writing before or shortly after it. Can't wait for the next post cool cool

Old Post May 5th, 2006 12:55 AM
snv87_30 is currently offline Click here to Send snv87_30 a Private Message Find more posts by snv87_30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

"Lavender or Parvati?"

"Parvati."

"Parvati or Padma?"

"They're twins!" Harry Potter exclaimed.

"So?" his best friend, Ron Weasley, asked indifferently, tossing a Quaffle from one hand to the other. "Their personalities are entirely different."

The two boys were playing 'Which Witch?' It was a game that basically consisted of naming two girls and asking which the other boy would rather kiss, date, marry, sleep with, and so on. It was the newest boredom buster the fifth year boys had invented, when they had far too much time on their hands.

Harry thought for a second.

"Padma," he answered finally. "Less giggly."

"Not as easy," was Ron's remark, twirling the Quaffle on his index finger.

He sniggered. It was quite easy to see why their hormones and newfound perverseness so frequently irritated Hermione. "But Padma's nicer. And smarter."

"Who cares about her grades? Parvati's idea of fun is ditching class and snogging in the rose garden," Ron countered.

"Padma plays Quidditch."

He paused. To them, that was an extremely rare quality with pretty witches. But he figured out something to beat it, like he always did.

"Parvati's got bigger br--"

"Bigger what, exactly, Ron Weasley?" Parvati asked in a stern voice, approaching the table they were sitting at. She eyed the two boys with mistrust.

"Braids," he finished weakly. "Bracelets. Broomsticks?"

Lavender scoffed. "Do quit staring at her chest, Ron. We know precisely what you were going to say."

And, giggling, the two ditzy girls sauntered off.

"Nice save," Harry congratulated him sarcastically.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Anyway. New choice. Padma or Cho Chang?" His brown eyes glinted mischievously, not unlike his two twin brothers, Fred and George, when they were scheming.

"Cho," he said instantly.

He snickered. "That was an easy one. Okay. Now, who would you rather snog...Cho, or...hmm..." His eyes scanned the Gryffindor common room, trying to find someone that would present a difficult decision. "Hermione?" he said suddenly.

Harry frowned. "Why would I want to snog Hermione?"

"Because you prefer personality," Ron reminded him. "Supposedly."

Of course, he immediately became defensive, as he always did when Ron or Hermione called him shallow for fancying Cho Chang. "Cho has a fantastic personality!" he said hotly.

"Right," he said skeptically. "And when you say 'personality,' you mean her arse, right?"

"Ron," he growled in a warning tone.

"Oh, fine, I'll stop. She wins for physical attraction, though, no doubt about that. But who would you rather spend an evening with, watching the sunset, sitting by the lake, just talking, absolutely no kissing in the least?" He was sure to overly emphasize the fact that there would be zero lip-action.

"Well..." he said slowly, contemplating, "I've never had an actual conversation with Cho," he said awkwardly. "It would be grand to actually get to know her. But I always feel so nervous and uncomfortable around Cho, like I might vomit any second. With Hermione, it's relaxed, natural. She's my best friend. And our conversations are usually rather profound..." he trailed away.

Ron grinned. "Hermione?"

He nodded reluctantly.

"And that brings it to two for Cho, one for Hermione."

"Since when were you keeping score?" Harry asked curiously.

"Since I realized this wouldn't be a unanimous competition," was his wily reply. "So. Better looks?"

"Cho," he said quickly, before the image of Hermione at the Yule Ball came to his head, when he had actually admitted to himself that Hermione was pretty; so startlingly attractive that she had at first been beyond recognition.

But Ron, through their best friend telepathic connection, knew just what he was thinking. "And at the Yule Ball?"

"Hermione," he confessed guiltily. "But Cho was with Cedric! Of course I didn't want to stare at her all night, or it would have been pretty hard to fight the temptation of tossing my butterbeer in his face."

"And Hermione is beautiful, mainly when she takes the effort to fix her hair, use cosmetics, and wear something other than basic black work robes," Ron pointed out. He knew there was more to Harry's answer than his lame excuse.

"Of course you know, you couldn't tear your eyes away from her the whole night!" Harry cried triumphantly.

Ron's face reddened to about the shade of the Quaffle that dropped from his hands once Harry made his accusation. He changed the subject rapidly. "Who would you rather take to Hogsmeade?"

"Hermione would insist upon spending countless hours scanning the numerous shelves at the bookstore..."

"While Cho would demand on wasting away an eternity browsing through the endless racks of clothing at Gladrag's," Ron added.

"Hermione refuses to visit the Shrieking Shack, as it gives her bad memories," he mentioned.

"Cho would be too terrified of the ghost stories to come within one hundred feet of it."

"She wouldn't oppose to entering Quality Quidditch Supplies," Harry argued.

"Yet she's too concerned about her precious figure to stray into Honeydukes."

"And neither of them have the sense of humor for Zonko's," the two boys realized in unison.

"It's a draw," Ron announced. "I declare that both girls would be a complete drag. Shame, since Hogsmeade is about the only place you can go on a date at Hogwarts." His eyes lit up. "Except... Who do you think would be more likely to sneak out of bed at night for an adventure--?"

"Hermione," he said, before Ron had completely finished his sentence. "Before, I might not have believed it, but after knowing her for four years, definitely Hermione."

"Now it's tied, three to three," he proclaimed, looking strangely smug. "Let's see...more athletic?"

"Cho, hands down." Since Hermione despised Quidditch as much as the two boys loathed schoolwork, and Cho played on the Ravenclaw House team, it was not exactly a brain-buster.

"Sympathetic?"

"They're both pretty caring..." He remembered when he had asked Cho to the Yule Ball, and she hadn't giggled or loftily informed him that she already had a date. She had seemed genuinely rueful. And Hermione...well, sometimes she was so bossy that she didn't take other people's feelings into consideration. "This may be because I don't know her well enough to have argued with her...but Cho."

"More intellige--"

"Hermione." Definitely the simplest question yet. Cho was in Ravenclaw, the most studious House by reputation, but Hermione was Hermione, and there was just no beating that.

"More fun?"

"I don't know," Harry said, feeling stupid. The only reason Cho was gaining points was because he didn't know the finer points of her attitude he could possibly dislike, while he knew every aspect of Hermione's behavior that he loved and couldn't stand.

"Preferred dance partner?"

He blushed. "I'm a terrible dancer. So... Hermione. She would have no trouble leading. Because she wouldn't mind if I trod on her feet a few times. And there wouldn't be a problem of sweaty palms and a racing heartbeat."

"More unpredictable?" Ron queried, already positive what the answer would be.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 08:46 PM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

A slew of memories rushed to his brain at once, almost overwhelming him. Almost as if a pensieve full to the brim of thoughts from the past five years had just been dumped back into his mind. Hermione Granger's fast-spoken, rambling introduction about memorizing the course books by heart. Emerging from her hidden spot in the common room, intending to stop Harry and Ron from sneaking out at night. Bursting into tears at Ron's comment on her lack of friends after Charms. Setting flame to Snape's robes at the Quidditch match; hugging Harry after the Potion's challenge. In second year, developing a crush on Gilderoy Lockhart and brewing a Polyjuice Potion. Using a Time Turner to attend a million classes at once. Telling McGonagall about the Firebolt. Defending Crookshanks even when Scabbers appeared dead. Slapping Malfoy after her insulted Hagrid, walking out on Divination forever, and missing Charms, all in the same day. Forming S.P.E.W., though anyone familiar with the wizarding world knew house-elves enjoyed enslavement. Going to the Yule Ball with Krum and looking dazzling. Kissing him on the cheek at King's Cross. What could Hermione do without surprising him, although he had known her for so long?

Ron took the prolonged silence as a moment of nostalgia. "Hermione, of course?" he laughed.

"Every single day, she never ceases to amaze me," Harry affirmed. "She's incredible."

"Better sense of humor?" he went on.

"Hermione's lightened up loads since we first met her, but still... This is the girl who almost felt sorry for Malfoy when Moody turned him into the Incredible Bouncing Ferret. Everyone has a better sense of humor than she does," Harry stated.

"Who would win in a cat fight?" Ron said, appearing to picture it in his own head and looking extremely amused.

"Well, she can slap pretty hard, that's a fact... But Millicent Bulstrode once got her in a headlock. And we had confirmed that Cho was sportier... So Cho."

"But in a wizard's duel?"

Harry was beginning to get a little exasperated. "Hermione. Come on, Ron," he protested, "how many more questions do you have to ask?"

"Fine, fine. They're tied at seven each, I'm sure. So this one clinches it... Who can you picture yourself spending the rest of your life with?" Ron asked, looking fully serious for the first time. "Marrying, staying true to, having little sproglets with, growing old with, the whole soul mate deal?"

To his astonishment, the choice was possibly even simpler than the matter of brains. When it all boiled down, Cho was a plain old crush that would soon fade. But Hermione was a permanent fixture in his life. And his love for her, though platonic and more familial, could never die.

"For some reason, that seems so easy. Hermione. Even if it wasn't between her and Cho, she'd still be the one. If Cho suddenly left, I'd grieve for a while, but in the end, I would get over it. If Hermione ever disappeared from my life, there would be a huge gap, my heart would be broken, and that void would be unable to be filled. My mourning would be everlasting. Because Hermione is irreplaceable.

"It's like...wands. The first wand I ever tried, a nine-inch beechwood and dragon-heartstring, was awkward and just felt wrong in my hands. When I waved it, I knocked a shelf over. Then the second my trusty, eleven-inch, holly and phoenix feather wand touched my fingertips, I felt this warmth. Once my fingers closed around it, I knew it belonged. It was just right, you know?"

"Nice metaphor," Ron said, resting his chin on his fist. He seemed both honest and yet mocking. "In fact, that whole speech was so deep it moved me. I wasn't sure if you were reciting poetry or forgetting I was here and soliloquizing. Does this mean you're in love with Hermione?"

"I--" Harry began. starting to say deny it, just like it was customary and automatic to do ever since Rita Skeeter had written her first article announcing that he and Hermione were a steady couple. Then he changed his mind. "To be honest, I don't know anymore. But after our little game, I realized three things: first, I sure as hell am not in love with Cho. Second, there is absolutely no contest between those two girls. And finally...it's that I can't be sure about my feelings for Hermione. All I can tell is that it's beyond friendship. And I don't think kissing her would be quite as strange as I used to imagine."

"Well, why don't you find out?"

Harry noted that Ron was looking past him. His heart began to hammer against his ribcage, like it did when the prospect of inviting Cho to the Yule Ball with him came about. But this wasn't Cho. He knew exactly who it was, but he still whipped around to spot Hermione peeking out from behind a wall.

"Hermione..." He said her name slowly, carefully, desperately trying not to panic. "How long have you been there?"

She just continued to stare at him with wide, glazed, syrupy brown eyes, almost looking lost. Like she was still asleep and dreaming everything that was happening.

"I'd say a while," Ron whispered, even though he didn't want to interrupt the moment.

"How much did you hear?" Harry inquired, crossing his fingers beneath the table and praying to god that she had only just come.

"Enough," she answered softly, sounding breathless. Then she approached their table, legs wobbling like she could barely support herself. Just as her knees gave out, Harry stood up and caught her in his arms. They gazed directly into one another's eyes, and somehow, they both knew what would come next.

A kiss.

They tilted their heads to opposite sides, moved gradually closer, inch by inch, until their lips touched... Initially, it was light, gentle, hesitant, but sweet. Then the shyness dissolved in a second, and the romantic sensations overtook them. Hermione cupped her hands around his face, drawing him closer. In response, his arms slid down from her back to snake around her waist, and he kissed her more fiercely. Perpetuity had passed, and time had stood still at exactly the same time. It was like they had been transported to their own world that wasn't bound by chronology. But they still had to draw apart to regain their breaths.

"Get a room," Ron teased in a false, whiny voice.

Hermione playfully swatted him. "Be quiet, Ron. You're the one always talking about how wonderful snogging is and that we ought to do it."

"Not with each other! Not in front of me!" he continued to complain. "It's just bizarre watching your two friends kiss. Especially that! I mean, I understand that was the first kiss for both of you, but what was that? That was pathetic! Not even tongue. Imagine, the famous Harry Potter is a bad kisser!" he taunted.

"I beg to differ," Hermione giggled, eyes sparkling like diamonds.

"Shut up, Weasley," Harry said, face still flushed. He pushed his bangs out of his eyes and peered at Hermione. "He wants tongue?"

She smiled back. "We'll show him tongue."

And they both leaned in and kissed again, more passionately this time. Ron leaned back in his armchair, arms crossed, looking pleased and content for his two best friends. And maybe for another reason...

Lips curling into a sly grin, he thought, 'And since Harry's with Hermione, that means he doesn't have any feelings for Cho...'

Old Post May 5th, 2006 08:46 PM
snv87_30

I never thought that I would like Harry and Hermione together, but I kinda liked it. Nice post. Can't wait for the next

Old Post May 6th, 2006 01:38 AM
snv87_30 is currently offline Click here to Send snv87_30 a Private Message Find more posts by snv87_30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

soz bout putting dat up but it was in my head its got nothing to do wid the story so ill pit the next part up .. so ...yeh anyway

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:35 AM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

“You could’ve waited Ron,” chastised Hermione.

“Why?” mumbled Ron through a mouthful of food.

“Because it’s polite to wait for everyone to be present,” said Hermione as Harry sat down beside him. “Especially when the last person arriving is the reason why we’re here.”

“‘Arry doesn’t mind, do you?” asked Ron, his cheeks bulging.

“Er...” said Harry nervously, everyone looking at him intently. “I’m staying out of this one on the grounds that I can’t give a satisfactory answer to everyone present.”

“Oh go on mate, just say she’s right, I don’t mind,” said Ron, swallowing.

“It has nothing to do with being right,” huffed Hermione. “It’s the principle of the –”

“Oh just let it go you two,” chuckled Harry. “This is supposed to be a happy day. Happy. Not arguing.”

“Sorry,” said both Ron and Hermione bashfully.

“Now come on, let’s enjoy some of this food,” said Harry, looking down at the spread that looked very similar to something one might find at Hogwarts. “Who enlisted Dobby’s help, anyway?”

“I did,” chuckled Hermione, blushing slightly. “I apparated over there this morning before you two were awake and he made this for me. I got the feeling he wanted to come along but was too shy to ask.”

The four of them chuckled at this.

“How’d you bring all this with you anyway?” asked Harry.

“Broomsticks aren’t the only thing you can shrink, you know,” winked Hermione.

“Noted,” smiled Harry as they all began to tuck in.

=====

“Ahh, that was a great meal,” said Ron about an hour later, patting his stomach. “Remind me to compliment the house elves.”

“I still don’t approve of how they’re used,” frowned Hermione. “But I really suppose there isn’t much I can do about it.”

“Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?” asked Ron with a smile. Hermione shrugged.

“You’re not really giving up on SPEW, are you?” asked Harry.

“It’s S-P-E-W,” corrected Hermione, rolling her eyes. “And I don’t know...I just don’t feel like it would go anywhere.”

“Hey,” said Harry putting an arm around her. “What happened to the girl that never gave up on anything she put her mind to?”

“I guess I realised that it’s just not possible to do everything,” sighed Hermione. Harry chuckled and gave her shoulders a quick squeeze before letting go. He opened his mouth to say something but a rustle from somewhere to his right caused him to freeze.

“Did you hear something?” he asked, looking around.

“No,” shrugged Ron. “What was it?”

“Sounded like something in the forest,” replied Harry, squinting at the trees.

“It was probably a gnarlyfunk,” commented Luna absently. “There’s a surplus of them in this region.”

“I don’t think...Hermione?” asked Harry, turning to look at her. “What is it?”

“Look,” she breathed, eyes wide. Harry followed her gaze to the edge of the trees where the path ended, and distinctly saw four figures in black cloaks just as his scar began to tingle.

“We have to get out of here,” he said quickly. “Let’s go.”

“Now what’s the rush, Potter?” an icy voice behind Harry said.

Instantly there were several cracks around the four of them, and five cloaked figures with white masks appeared, wands drawn.

“When did you get out, Lucius?” asked Harry acidly, recognising the voice as Draco’s father.

“Well after the enchantment that Dumbledore put on me to keep me grounded disappeared, it was rather easy to...slip away,” replied Lucius. “Now get up.”

Figuring it would be easier to make an escape with a standing base, Harry complied, but kept his back turned to the elder Malfoy.

“You three as well,” ordered Lucius, and the other five death eaters converged quickly to drag Hermione, Ron, and Luna to their feet. “I cannot wait to see the look on the Dark Lord’s face when he discovers the situation,” he continued, pressing the tip of his wand to the black mark on his left forearm.

A dark chill filled the air and the sunlight seemed to disappear as black smoke flew from the path in the forest to where Lucius was standing.

“What is it, Lucius?” the cold, high voice of Voldemort asked. “I told you not to interrupt my search...well what have we here?”

The smoke began to swirl and gather, only to materialize in the form of Lord Voldemort a moment later.

“Harry Potter...and his band of minions,” said Voldemort with a sick smile. “How wonderful of you to join me. Tell me...why are you here? Is it because you heard I was going to be here and wanted perhaps to ‘get the best of me’? Or is it something...else?”

“My parents lived here,” said Harry in a monotone. “You of all people should know that.”

“And you just wanted to come and reminisce?” asked Voldemort with a cold chuckle. “A waste of time, living in the past. I’m sure your headmaster...excuse me, ex-headmaster told you that.” A chorus of chuckles rippled through the death eaters at this comment. “Tell me...why are you really here?”

“I wanted to invite you to a picnic,” droned Harry, rolling his eyes. “Honestly, what does it look like we were doing?”

Voldemort leaned over to his right slightly to get a look at the white blanked laid out on the ground with the remnants of the meal still sitting on it. He frowned slightly and gave Harry an appraising look.

“You disappoint me, Harry Potter,” sighed Voldemort. “And all this time I thought you were plotting against me.”

“My lord,” called a familiar voice from the woods. “We haven’t found anything with the spell you gave us –”

“You are interrupting me, Severus,” spat Voldemort, not breaking eye contact with Harry. Harry, however, snapped his head around and saw his former teacher standing with his head bowed at the treeline.

“I beg your forgiveness my lord,” said Snape with utmost reverence. “I did not realise –”

“Of course you didn’t,” hissed Voldemort. “But then again, you didn’t know we had company, so for this time I shall forgive you.”

“My deepest gratitude,” said Snape, still looking at the ground.

“Come, then Severus, join the party,” said Voldemort with a sick smile. Snape finally raised his head and made his way over to the circle of death eaters, bowing to Voldemort when he got there. “As you can see, young Potter and his friends decided to join us today.”

Harry made sure to stare at Snape with the most amount of loathing he could muster, while wishing his former teacher would burst into flames at the same time.

“Harry here seems to really despise you, Severus,” chuckled Voldemort. “Now why could that be...ah yes! Perhaps it was because of Dumbledore?”

“You know bloody well that’s why,” said Harry through gritted teeth.

“Now, now Potter, I don’t take kindly to being talked to like that,” chastised Voldemort, brandishing his wand. “Perhaps I should teach you some respect. Crucio!”

Harry thought his skin was melting as Voldemort kept his wand trained on him. He vaguely registered someone screaming in the back of his mind, and thought for a moment that it was him until the curse was lifted and he realised it was Hermione.”

“Stop!” she cried, her eyes red in terror.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:43 AM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

“Hmm,” said Voldemort appraisingly, stroking his wand with his long, white fingers. “Miss Granger...young Harry here means something to you, doesn’t he?”

“He means something to all of us, you b*****d,” whispered Hermione.

“Hermione shut up,” said Harry fast. Her eyes widened at his outburst. “Don’t get involved in this.”

“Ah, but she is already involved in this,” said Voldemort silkily. “As are your other two friends...I wonder, Potter...are they as good at resisting the Imperius Curse as you are?”

Harry’s mouth remained closed, but in his head he was truly fearing what was about to come next.

“Well let us find out,” said Voldemort, training his wand on Ron. “Imperio.”

Instantly Ron’s eyes glazed over, and the death eater holding him let go. Silently, Harry watched as Ron walked over to Voldemort and bowed once, causing the assembled death eaters to laugh imperiously. Without a word, he stalked over to Lucius and, in one quick move, reached through his robes and pulled a hidden dagger from them.

“Ron...” whispered Harry as his friend began to walk over to him. “This isn’t you...remember who you really are...remember the Weasley inside you.”

Ron’s steps faltered. Harry could see that he was fighting it...but he wouldn’t win the battle without some help. Silently, Harry remembered something that he had once overheard the teachers at Hogwarts talking about, and focused everything he had on the one spells he was thinking of.

‘Expelliarmus,’ he thought, looking at Voldemort. The result was about what Harry expected. A small ripple flew through the air, and Voldemort easily blocked it, but in the process his concentration faltered and Ron broke free.

“So...” said Voldemort, turning to Harry as Ron dropped the dagger like it was an acromantula. “You’ve learned wandless magic...”

“I haven’t learned anything,” spat Harry. “I just tried as hard as I could.”

“So you’re a natural, then,” smiled Voldemort. He paused for a moment and then frowned. “I’m wasting time here...I came here for a reason and you’ve distracted me yet again. I will not let this opportunity pass though.” He looked Harry dead in the eyes and pointed his wand at him. “I intend to find out what you denied me over a year ago Potter. I know Dumbledore told you the prophecy...and now you will tell it to me. Legillimens!”

Harry closed his eyes and braced himself for the invasion, but instead of seeing a rush of images surge through his mind...he saw only a brick wall. Slowly he opened his eyes and met Voldemort’s, rage and frustration running through them.

“So Potter,” he ground out, not breaking the spell. “You’ve learned Occlumency...and here I had thought you failed.”

Harry didn’t know what to say so he kept his mouth shut. He was sure that if the brick wall wasn’t present in his mind, Voldemort would be seeing nothing but confusion. Harry continued to stare at the dark lord until something just beyond him caught his eye. He was careful not to break eye contact, but paying attention very carefully, he could distinctly see Snape staring hard at him, mumbling something under his breath, his lips barely moving.

Comprehension dawned on Harry and it began to confuse him even more. Finally, after a few more seconds Voldemort gave up, and with an angry growl, stalked over to Hermione and trained his wand on her.

“Tell me the prophecy Potter,” he said venomously. “Tell me the prophecy or the mudblood dies.”

Harry was breathing hard...his heart was beating harder. Despite trying to find a way out, he knew that his time was running short.

“You have five seconds Potter,” said Voldemort, his arm around her neck. “Five...four –”

Last edited by Denniz234 on May 6th, 2006 at 11:46 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:44 AM
snv87_30

I love it!!! So I guess snap e is really good? I never could stand him. This story great. Keep posting. Can't wait for the next post. smokin'

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:22 PM
snv87_30

Oh I checked out your other story. I like it a lot as well!

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:23 PM
Sirius_Rulez

i luv it and gr8 cliffy. and i also think ur english teacher was crazy cauz ur a gr8 writer. cant wait to find out what happens to hermione

of course I was

Old Post May 8th, 2006 05:52 AM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

hmm shall i kill hermione off or not???

Old Post May 9th, 2006 07:09 PM
snv87_30

I don't know how far Harry could get without Hermione. I don't know though, its ur story. I don't think i'd kill her yet.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 02:12 AM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

Very good and sry again 4 not commenting regurlarly!!!update soon!

Old Post May 12th, 2006 12:22 AM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Namine Etoile
Save us from Ourselves

Ok. The mischevious Twins have something to say.

Natasha- Ja adore la Magie! It's great! I'm hanging over the edge of my chair and Meena comes in and asks what all the laughing is about. Uh, heehee. And she damanded to read it too. It's great! Keep working at it!

Namine- Gosh Tasha. Merde. Oops. Anyways, this is REALLY good. It's funny in a way. I love how funny Ron is in these. The 'wich witch'? game reminds me of the game the boys at my school play. Rather rude really. Tasha overheard some of them saying Natasha or Namine? Haha. I won. I love it! keep working hard at it!

Au Reviour! ~Meena & Tasha

Old Post May 12th, 2006 04:08 AM
Namine Etoile is currently offline Click here to Send Namine Etoile a Private Message Find more posts by Namine Etoile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

u are a very good writer!

eek!
I am totally in awe!

Old Post May 13th, 2006 05:13 AM
Waterslicer is currently offline Click here to Send Waterslicer a Private Message Find more posts by Waterslicer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

One thing i don't get...
how come ron likes cho?

Old Post May 13th, 2006 05:18 AM
Waterslicer is currently offline Click here to Send Waterslicer a Private Message Find more posts by Waterslicer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

It's kinda like unrequited love from my view of this story.

Ginny likes Harry, Harry likes Hermione
Luna likes Ron, Ron likes Cho
(Cho likes Ginny...)

Old Post May 13th, 2006 05:32 AM
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

RON DOES NOT LIKE CHO. that was just a one shot thing that came up in my head it has NOTHING to do with the story k
btw i mite quit this story coz i dont like how its goin

Old Post May 13th, 2006 07:01 PM