KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » McFLY

McFLY
Started by: O Green World

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BananaKing
Your soul.

quote: (post)

you're clearly about 15 years old with absolutely no taste in music... [/B]

And you're clearly an old dude who thinks he has a taste for music.

[i]Originally posted by Red Superfly
So far, everyone against McFly: +1.

So far, anyone defending McFly: Clown Shoes.

There seems to be a massive divide on KMC these days. Those with intelligence, and those that like McFly.

An even bigger divide between those who think they are funny(are wrong) and those who like McFLY no expression If someone was given the wrong info doesn't mean that they aren't smart, otherwise people who like McFLY are MUCH smarter than you..

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 02:02 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

If I have a bad taste in music then so must you, unless you like RnB or Rap. I do like almost every other genre except Rap and RnB.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 02:10 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by O Green World
And you're clearly an old dude who thinks he has a taste for music.

An even bigger divide between those who think they are funny(are wrong) and those who like McFLY no expression If someone was given the wrong info doesn't mean that they aren't smart, otherwise people who like McFLY are MUCH smarter than you..

yeah...26...i'll be getting my pension soon roll eyes (sarcastic)

when i was 15 i actually went out and discovered music for myself rather than relying on whatever saturday morning kids tv said was the flavour of the month

and even my musical taste at it's worst still doesn't bottom feed to anywhere near the extent of mcfly...who shall now simply be refered to as busted2...

quote:
If I have a bad taste in music then so must you,

you keep up that logic sonny...it'll serve you well in later life...when your boss is calling you a completely useless cretin because you're so terrible at your job...you easily reply with the equally intelligent..."takes one to know one"

never fails...trust me

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Apr 15th, 2006 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 05:08 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahahaha.

This is great.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 05:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

This is great.

-AC

you're just a boohoo bad man...so na na nana naahh

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 05:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by O Green World
Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em etc, well here's my explanation 4 it:
1. People like McFLY because they have a good sense of humour.
2. People like McFLY because they make good music (it makes sense, since their inspirations are the Beatles, Blink 182, Green Day, Lost Prophets)
3. Some people also like McFLY because they can make a good song using simple chords and without swearing.

In their first album, McFLY speak the minds of many teenage lads, in their second album however they speak from teh mind of a more older person, lol.
You know what i'd find really funny, if a metal band turns out to like McFLY, lol...

Don't ask me why i posted this, i just thought i'd prove a point...

People might like them for those reasons, however that does not make them necesseraly 'good'.

They are obnoxious, cocky, bunch of horny teenagers who think they are 'too cool for school'.
Their music is not good, in my opinion. Just because their inspiration are certain bands, some might deem as good, doesn't mean they automatically become good.

I can sit here and say that for my band, eloaquent lyric inspiration comes from Tool, and Mars Volta, and but my politically charged message is an inspiration from System of a Down and RATM, but my band can be the shittiest band in the world.

Not that McFly had any GREAT influences from what you said.

Im sure there are people who will like them for ''their music'', but for many alternative lovers, they are simply shit, because those people have heard music which is beyond any doubt unchallanged by anything McFly have to offer.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 05:33 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or they're simply a shit pop band with shit pop fans.

To put it bluntly.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 06:04 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I can sit here and say that for my band, eloaquent lyric inspiration comes from Tool, and Mars Volta, and but my politically charged message is an inspiration from System of a Down and RATM, but my band can be the shittiest band in the world.

If you were getting lyrical inspiration from The Mars Volta, that's probably the likely outcome.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:02 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Red Superfly
So far, everyone against McFly: +1.

So far, anyone defending McFly: Clown Shoes.

There seems to be a massive divide on KMC these days. Those with intelligence, and those that like McFly.

Lol, i wonder what music you like? :P

Let me jus set this straight:
McFLY are better than Coldplay(Coldplay do slow songs, easier to play)
McFLY are better than any rap, RnB or hip-hop "band" cause all they can do is sing.
More of McFLYs band members can sing than quite a few others, where they just have 1 singer.
The lead singer for McFLY can play piano, lead guitar and can sing.

McFLY don't really do my type of bmusic nomore, but i still think they're decent when it comes to skill. But i bet most of you just look at your own tastes and never actually look at the band.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 07:35 PM
BananaKing
Your soul.

PS Busted didn't even have a drummer!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 08:37 PM
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

although one COULD drum...meh

(why did i come here lol)

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 09:13 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Flying High
although one COULD drum...meh

(why did i come here lol)

is that so? i heard that for their recordings they used a drum machine, why do that when sum1 could play them? messed

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 09:42 PM
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

(the teeny bopper inside of me is coming out for a short period of time)

well...on tour charlie played a drum solo...but they had a guy called damien that was their drummer MOST of the time...and was bascially a member...but got paid less stick out tongue

*waits to be slagged off for knowing so much* stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 09:45 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Flying High
(the teeny bopper inside of me is coming out for a short period of time)

well...on tour charlie played a drum solo...but they had a guy called damien that was their drummer MOST of the time...and was bascially a member...but got paid less stick out tongue

*waits to be slagged off for knowing so much* stick out tongue

Kwlio, neways, Busted were never really that bad, McFLY lasted longer stick out tongue
But sum people don't look at songs by there skill, they jus look at the type of music they prefer, which isn't always the best...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 10:36 PM
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Good thing I've never even heard of them. thumb up

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 01:00 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris72
Hopeless romantic

Definitely LOVE Mcfly... one of my favorite bands!

Old Post May 12th, 2007 09:01 PM
gshkris72 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris72 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahaa...i remember this thread...it was great

Old Post May 12th, 2007 09:09 PM
exanda kane

I used to go to the same school as Dougie the bassist. A proper c u on tuesday if you ask me.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 12th, 2007 11:05 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i like them cause they're my happy music and i can go to one of their gigs and just dance like a complete idiot..

however i dont like that kinda music as a whole(which you can tell frm my last.fm account)...they're just a nice little part of it and i have good memories of me and my friend and mcfly smile

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:53 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

music for people who dont understand music
they are beyond crap and the blonde one looks like the villiage idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:58 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote