KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Red Dragon

Red Dragon
Started by: fangoria17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fangoria17

Red Dragon

Hi everybody. I love coming to boards to meet new people and talk about movies. There are so many great films out there to talk about. What is everybody's favorite movie? I would have to say that mine is The Silence of the Lambs. Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins are both incredible in it. Hopkins as Hannibal Lector has to be one of the best villans ever in any film. I cannot wait until the pre-quel Red Dragon comes out this fall. I watched the trailer for it at http://www.apple.com/trailers and it got me really excited. Check it out and tell me what you think/know about the movie, and tell me what your favorite movie is!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2002 11:34 PM
fangoria17 is currently offline Click here to Send fangoria17 a Private Message Find more posts by fangoria17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

My favorite movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, like silence of the lambs it was inspired by the real life serial killer Ed Gein. Red Dragon looks like it could be cool.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2002 12:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Red Dragon really looks like it could be a great movie. After Hannibal I might be a little suspicious, not to say Hannibal was the worst movie I every seen, but It in no way compared to SOTL. Without Jodie Foster it wasn't the same. Which brings me to the point of why I'm looking forward to Red Dragon. I like the idea of a prequel it makes it easier to see new faces involved in an old story. I'm equally excited that it stars Ed Norton, he is a very talented actor. Anyways, I agree with Fangoria I loved SOTL and am looking foward to Red Dragon.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 10th, 2002 03:27 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

The book was very good

Old Post Jul 10th, 2002 07:18 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Really Finti?!? I read it years ago and I thought it sucked. I was quite a bit younger then though, plus I'd just read Silence of the Lambs which was just amazing in comparison.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2002 04:57 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Hannibal is the best of the books but I liked Red Dragon

Old Post Jul 10th, 2002 07:44 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangoria17

Yeah, I actually did not like the book to Hannibal all that much. It was OK, but not great. I can't wait to see it compares to Manhunter.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2002 10:02 PM
fangoria17 is currently offline Click here to Send fangoria17 a Private Message Find more posts by fangoria17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I hope it's good.

I didn't think Hanibal was that bad.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Aug 6th, 2002 03:28 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabrea

it looks good...silence and hannibal were ok..and jodie foster and julianne moore both did good...but my opinion isnt allowed to count for julianne, only jodie..

Old Post Sep 16th, 2002 03:39 AM
Sabrea is currently offline Click here to Send Sabrea a Private Message Find more posts by Sabrea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hannibal was the silliest thriller ive ever seen. it was almost a comedy.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2002 04:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabrea

my judgement doesnt count on that either because julianne moore was in it...darn, thats not fair

Old Post Sep 16th, 2002 04:09 AM
Sabrea is currently offline Click here to Send Sabrea a Private Message Find more posts by Sabrea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
my judgement doesnt count on that either because julianne moore was in it...darn, thats not fair
oh, it is all so clear now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 07:07 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hannibal was well-made and acted, just wasn't a very good story- it suffered from the same problems the book did.

The comparison with Manhunter certainly will be interesting.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 05:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well it was an ok movie but silence of the lambs was a lot better

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 06:11 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I have little hopes for this movie.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 03:49 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

actually they have made a movie of red Dragon, I think that William Petersen dude from CSI had the lead role but aint to sure.
Checked it up and it was called Manhunter(1986) by Michael Mann wit Petersen in the lead role and it was based upon Red Dragon book. And that film was made before Silence of the Lambs was written.

Last edited by finti on Sep 19th, 2002 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 10:25 AM