KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?
Started by: MrHeavySilence

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrHeavySilence

Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

I always thought he was catholic..

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 01:58 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

As far as I know, he isn't, but I haven't read everything lol.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 02:55 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

If you read Batman Year 2 a key conversation touches upon that issue:

Lesley Thompkins: "Do you ever pray, Bruce?"
Bruce: "No, not snce that night."

As far as we know, Bruce Wayne has never attended church and I think i've read somewhere a bit of him being fairly critical of religion... I really would not think of Bruce wayne as a religious man...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 08:18 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bruce is basically like me....neutral. He is neither a religious person or an atheist. Which I think is pretty cool that they keep those out of the storyline. Of course Batman uses science to fight crime. He also has encounter Supernatural beings like The Demon, Spectre, and Shazam. You can basically assume he's split on both science and religion.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Apr 20th, 2006 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 02:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Yeah that's what I would think. I think he's in the same ballpark as I am. He believes there's most likely something out there that is beyond us, but he doesn't dwell on a religion or focus his thoughts on the Bible or anything like that. He's more into logic, and by seeing all the stuff that goes on in the universe, logically not everything can be explained by science, but blind faith isn't his way to go. Of course, even though I think he's kind of like me in that attitude, that had no affect on me liking Batman. I hate it when people do that lol.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:00 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I think he kniows they exist, sure. But he's not persay christian or whatever, as you said: neutral!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 04:06 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
01ZERO
Restricted

Account Restricted

BATMAN DOESNT CARE ABOUT RELIGION

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 08:52 AM
01ZERO is currently offline Click here to Send 01ZERO a Private Message Find more posts by 01ZERO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

AND THAT N00B EVIDENTLY DIDM'T CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRITING IN CAPS!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 07:41 PM
MrHeavySilence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 01ZERO
BATMAN DOESNT CARE ABOUT RELIGION

lol, but he's the world's greatest detective. Why wouldn't he be interested in the biggest mystery of all time?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 12:51 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

There is a difference between interest and belief...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 01:55 AM
Alec Brood is currently offline Click here to Send Alec Brood a Private Message Find more posts by Alec Brood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Indeedy...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 03:54 PM
MrHeavySilence

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Batman.html

AHAH! I knew he wasn't athiest/agnostic.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 11:19 PM
Kovacs86

Hmm... I believe he was raised a Catholic, yeah... and hobnestly I don't believe he believes himself... or not actively...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 04:40 PM
Jamaican

Well I know he KNOWS there's a God. He was on the Justice League (not sure about anymore, have been busy with things other than reading comics) with Zauriel, who's an Angel. Haven't they come into contact with The Spectre, who is God's Wrath? Too many supernatural things, and things that have to do with a higher being have taken place for him to just ignore those things. I think he's too smart to remain ignorant on that.

BUT there is a difference in KNOWING and BELIEVING in it. I think he knows but chooses not to believe in it. Chooses not to think that Him being there will change any thing of have any effect in his life. Wasn't that the case with Constantine? He knew but didn't believe? Something like that.

My 2 Cents...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 08:59 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I agree there...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:31 PM
Alec Brood

If he knows, how can't he believe? How can someone not believe in aliens if they actually meet them?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 07:28 PM
Alec Brood is currently offline Click here to Send Alec Brood a Private Message Find more posts by Alec Brood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote:
If he knows, how can't he believe? How can someone not believe in aliens if they actually meet them?

Just b/c you have proof of something doesn't mean you'll BELIEVE IN IT. He knows it exists but probably chooses to not have faith in it. To not believe that it has any effect in his life whatsoever.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 03:08 AM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Agreed. He likely puts that encounter in the same category as aliens, demons, ghosts, etc. No religion, though.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 04:02 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

I think he believes in god but just doesn't worship him.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 05:35 AM
Kovacs86

I believe he's really grown apart from religion after being raised as a good Catholic boy... heh... go Anglican church!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 04:00 PM