KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?
Started by: MrHeavySilence

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter

I read a similar discussion about Batmanīs religious beliefs once. The best suggestion went something like this: Batman knows there is a God, and has several plans on how to stop Him if He ever goes rogue.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 11:58 AM
Drifter is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

Batman vs God. Go Batman.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 10:50 PM
Alec Brood is currently offline Click here to Send Alec Brood a Private Message Find more posts by Alec Brood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Indeed! I'm not sure about the whole plans to stop him though... smile

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 04:13 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

Killing God is easy. All he needs is to make everyone atheists.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:29 AM
Alec Brood is currently offline Click here to Send Alec Brood a Private Message Find more posts by Alec Brood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

hOW?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 04:25 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

He's the world's finest detective. That's his job to find out. Maybe proving that Jesus never existed or that the Bible is just bs. But he does not need to get involved into religion.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 09:10 PM
Kovacs86

Jesus DID exist. That's pretty much defibite fact... smile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 04:51 PM
Jamaican

quote:
Batman vs God. Go Batman.

I love Batman, I really do, but come on now.

quote:
He's the world's finest detective. That's his job to find out. Maybe proving that Jesus never existed or that the Bible is just bs. But he does not need to get involved into religion.

Not that this is THE religion thread BUT - whether or not Jesus existed is not a question. Even people who don't believe in Christianity admit that he existed and did the things he did. They just believe he was just another prophet. And about the Bible - anyone who reads it would realize it's not BS as it has, and continues to prove itself as it predicted many of the things that has happened since its publication.

Batman would not have any control or anything that he could do to fight against God or anyone else near his level. I don't doubt that he could figure out what's going on, or why things occur, but he'd be helpless.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 06:43 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

He'd just stop existing.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 07:05 PM
Alec Brood

I have heard about the biblical code in which you can predict the future. There's a similar code in Moby Dick! I'm not here to debate on religion but Batman could at least once question his religion if he hasn't done it yet.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:16 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

How much prep would Batman get?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 10:07 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dumbledore>all

So what religon is superman the kyrptonian , did the krypotonians belive in god? I'm thinking not because they were to advanced in science showing they focused their attention more on it then religon. They probaly belived in evolution like smart highly advanced beings would.

Also Superman, Spiderman,X-men , and BATMAN were created by jews!
That's funny that's why you see so many superheroes fighting nazis.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:18 PM
Dumbledore>all is currently offline Click here to Send Dumbledore>all a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbledore>all Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dumbledore>all
So what religon is superman the kyrptonian , did the krypotonians belive in god? I'm thinking not because they were to advanced in science showing they focused their attention more on it then religon. They probaly belived in evolution like smart highly advanced beings would.

According to adherents.com, Superman is Methodist.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:53 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Re: Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I always thought he was catholic..

I always thought he was a made-up Comicbook character.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 01:23 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Originally posted by Jamaican
that the case with Constantine? He knew but didn't believe? Something like that.

Constantine knew and believed, but hated it....i guess if you had to do God's dirty work and fight Demons and Hell while still being mortal you would hate to believe what you know as well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:22 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Originally posted by Dumbledore>all

Actually. I dont think any of those superheros fought Nazis besides Superman...and Daredevil was created by a Jew and he's Catholic

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:24 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

Batman clearly does not believe in a religion and probably god as well.

Parents getting killed forced him to believe in himself and his skills only.

He doesn't pray, ever. He is into science and logic, not faith.

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:29 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alec Brood

Maybe he is the leader of a secret sect. Batmanology or Batmanism.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:06 AM
Darth Martin

Re: Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I always thought he was catholic..
In Kingdom Come WW asks Bruce to be her child's god-father. Does that mean he's catholic?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 12:21 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote