KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Omega, Alpha, Beta, Epsilon-Delta levels

Omega, Alpha, Beta, Epsilon-Delta levels
Started by: Deadpool14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HandOfFate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 753
No, he had her drawing upon the energy of the galactic core, nowhere does it say she was manipulating the entirety of its energies.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 10:29 PM
HandOfFate is currently offline Click here to Send HandOfFate a Private Message Find more posts by HandOfFate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by HandOfFate
Stop.

You’re arguing something that really doesn’t have too. Everything you just said is pointless. You can't say someone is not an Omega mutant because we really don't know what makes a mutant an Omega.

Marvel says she a potential Omega, so she a potential Omega.
We know exactly what makes someone an omega. on-panel statement of someone being an omega.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 11:02 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

She did not harvest the entirety of the galactic core's energies. She would have extinguished it, if she did. She drained energy from all the core, not the entirety of its energies. This is a high herald feat maybe a trans level one and it's an isolated aberration in her career.

Like I said in my original post, it's an impressive feat of reach or scope, meaning the area and the distances she managed to balnket with her power. But the actual amount of energy pulled from it? Caption says a new star shined for a brief moment and then perished or some such nonsense. SS could replciate that feat as he has created a black hole.

Storm's average is far below magnet for instance and neither one comes close to most powerfull mutants such as hyperstorm, wanda, jaspers, richards, the phoenix, megan, mr m, etc.

Last edited by 753 on Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 11:07 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Originally posted by 753
She did not harvest the entirety of the galactic core's energies. She would have extinguished it, if she did. She drained energy from all the core, not the entirety of its energies. This is a high herald feat maybe a trans level one and it's an isolated aberration in her career.

Like I said in my original post, it's an impressive feat of reach or scope, meaning the area and the distances she managed to balnket with her power. But the actual amount of energy pulled from it? Caption says a new star shined for a brief moment and then perished or some such nonsense. SS could replciate that feat as he has created a black hole.

Storm's average is far below magnet for instance and neither one comes close to most powerfull mutants such as hyperstorm, wanda, jaspers, richards, the phoenix, megan, mr m, etc.

A galactic core is greater in size than a black hole. I don't wanna explain further because the image says everything. About the "a new star was born" is not just an ordinary star cos it was stated that Storm summoned the energy of the entire galactic core.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 03:26 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Originally posted by 753
We know exactly what makes someone an omega. on-panel statement of someone being an omega.

I would like to see those scans please. I mean other then saying unlimited potentail, which can mean a lot of things

Originally posted by 753

OK, I give you the scan and you see something different then what's actually on the page....alright.

Well been nice talking to you. big grin

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 04:04 AM
HandOfFate is currently offline Click here to Send HandOfFate a Private Message Find more posts by HandOfFate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
A galactic core is greater in size than a black hole. I don't wanna explain further because the image says everything. About the "a new star was born" is not just an ordinary star cos it was stated that Storm summoned the energy of the entire galactic core.
what part of "if she had absorbed the whole galactic core, it would be gone" don't you understand? she blanketed the whole core with her power and harvested a portion of it, that's it. The actual power she drained was enough to make "a star shine for brief a moment" and then she died. SS created a permanent black hole with his energy output which is more impressive than the amount of energy she drained to shine brightly for a fraction of a second and die. all that to kill a brood egg too. that feat isn't beyond a high herald and its her highest point to date.

Last edited by 753 on Sep 27th, 2010 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 04:07 AM

I would like to see those scans please. I mean other then saying unlimited potentail, which can mean a lot of things

OK, I give you the scan and you see something different then what's actually on the page....alright.

Well been nice talking to you. big grin

Really? You want scans that show that the only way to confirm who is an omega is to have the writer say it? x-men forever coined the term and defined omega as sinonymous with unlimited development potential and, clearly, the only way one can objectively know who is an omega is to have the stroyline state it, as it refers to potential and not actually realized power level. the only confirmed omegas so far are jean grey, iceman, mr m, franklin richards, elixir, nate grey and cable. other very strong candidates include SW, hyperstorm, megan and mjj. storm cant be considered an omega until it's made clear that she has no upper growth limit. Hell, magneto has a much better case for being omega than she does and no one can claim for sure that he is either, until it's stated without ambiguity.

Yeah, I'm the one seeing reality through pink colored glasses. Your interpretation of the scan is as deluded as only a storm fanboy can come up with. She isn't even a low herald on average and to claim she drained all of the energy of the galactic core when it continues to exist and didn't even blink for a moment is plain stupidity. Also, she died to do that. Been nice talking to you too

Last edited by 753 on Sep 27th, 2010 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 04:14 AM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Originally posted by 753
what part of "if she had absorbed the whole galactic core, it would be gone" don't you understand? she blanketed the whole core with her power and harvested a portion of it, that's it. The actual power she drained was enough to make "a star shine for brief a moment" and then she died. SS created a permanent black hole with his energy output which is more impressive than the amount of energy she drained to shine brightly for a fraction of a second and die. all that to kill a brood egg too. that feat isn't beyond a high herald and its her highest point to date.

Storm has absorbed only the energies, and who said that the galactic core was still there? Again , the star that shone for a brief moment isn't just a regular star. I've thought about that too, just to kill the brood within her. But she has not yet discovered her full potential, which i would assume Storm might have though she needed all those energies to do what she has to do. And when she discovered it, she told Binary how to kill those broods inside the other x-men members without summoning the energy of the entire galactic core, that is if Binary could actually do it.

Storm has beaten The Trion, a nigh omnipotent entity which was placed higher than a full-powered Galactus in comicvine website. Though it wasn't an official list, but i believe they've done enough research why The Trion is ranked higher than a full-powered Galactus

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:21 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The galactic core is still there, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Storm has absorbed only the energies, and who said that the galactic core was still there? Again , the star that shone for a brief moment isn't just a regular star. I've thought about that too, just to kill the brood within her. But she has not yet discovered her full potential, which i would assume Storm might have though she needed all those energies to do what she has to do. And when she discovered it, she told Binary how to kill those broods inside the other x-men members without summoning the energy of the entire galactic core, that is if Binary could actually do it.

Storm has beaten The Trion, a nigh omnipotent entity which was placed higher than a full-powered Galactus in comicvine website. Though it wasn't an official list, but i believe they've done enough research why The Trion is ranked higher than a full-powered Galactus

So basically this is more of you stating Storm is greater then Galactus and any hero who is weaker or equal to him.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 12:24 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Well, the core still there and seen as it made up of billions of stars, if she had drained all its energies, it would be gone.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 02:18 PM
HandOfFate

Originally posted by 753

Really? You want scans that show that the only way to confirm who is an omega is to have the writer say it? x-men forever coined the term and defined omega as sinonymous with unlimited development potential and, clearly, the only way one can objectively know who is an omega is to have the stroyline state it, as it refers to potential and not actually realized power level. the only confirmed omegas so far are jean grey, iceman, mr m, franklin richards, elixir, nate grey and cable. other very strong candidates include SW, hyperstorm, megan and mjj. storm cant be considered an omega until it's made clear that she has no upper growth limit. Hell, magneto has a much better case for being omega than she does and no one can claim for sure that he is either, until it's stated without ambiguity.

Yeah, I'm the one seeing reality through pink colored glasses. Your interpretation of the scan is as deluded as only a storm fanboy can come up with. She isn't even a low herald on average and to claim she drained all of the energy of the galactic core when it continues to exist and didn't even blink for a moment is plain stupidity. Also, she died to do that. Been nice talking to you too

Sorry dude, not gonna be a part of your circle jerk.

If you want to believe something other then what’s on the page, that fine with me. wink

Originally posted by -Pr-
The galactic core is still there, though.

I just assumed the energy returned to original location. Like turning on and off a lightswitch. Or that pink star thing is all the energy still standing there....I really don't know.

Last edited by HandOfFate on Sep 27th, 2010 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:00 PM

Knock yourself out, believe whatever delusion best fits the undeniable fact that she didn't consume the galactic core and that other high heralds have better feats than that.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

she's not high herald, though... is she?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 10:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

according to some peeps in this thread shes an abstract

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 01:42 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Originally posted by jalek moye
according to some peeps in this thread shes an abstract

I personally don't think she at high herald or abstract level...and I hope no writer puts her at that level.

On the other hand, she did something amazingly powerful and I really don't see a reason to underplay this feat.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 04:37 AM

No. She's low at best. I meant her highest end feat wasn't really beyond high herald.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 06:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by 753
No. She's low at best. I meant her highest end feat wasn't really beyond high herald.

yeah, i know lol...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 08:53 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by 753

Shhhhhhhh, don't say that. RLAAMJR will hear you and tell us how she defeated the Trion and drained the galactic core....again. confused

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 09:32 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Please. I used to have to deal with people saying she'd beat Green Lantern and that her precognition would help her deal with Superman's speed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 09:39 PM