KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 206 207 [208] 209 210 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is the problem with Mir. Weak stand up, average wrestling, incresdible submissions. Fights starts standing where he is weak and he alcks the tools to take it to the ground where he is strong. I still say people like Nog and Werdum are better because they actually have good standup. Mir's is terrible.

Cain looked great and we'll see in his rematch eith J2S whether he'll be able to take him down, as he was facing ring rust in their first fight and aside form that JDS no matter how great his takedwon defence is has never faced an elite all american wrestler like brock/cain/cormier.

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Old Post May 28th, 2012 07:13 PM
Darth Ray Park is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Lavar Johnson have family relation with th rock? Sure look and sound alike and they have same family name and are both HW athletes.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 07:15 PM
Darth Ray Park is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, what about Faber Baroa?

Old Post May 28th, 2012 07:15 PM
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
Does Lavar Johnson have family relation with th rock? Sure look and sound alike and they have same family name and are both HW athletes.
They're the same person.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 29th, 2012 09:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha. big grin

Seriosuly though am I only one?

Old Post May 29th, 2012 09:38 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I got Ellenberger over Kampmann tonight via gorilla f*ck.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 06:52 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sparko

There's gonna be some good matches tonight, but I can't wait to see the finals for TUF Brasil. Best TUF series to date IMO.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 11:44 PM
sparko is currently offline Click here to Send sparko a Private Message Find more posts by sparko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Cofer vs Lawrence was pretty cool. Nice finish from Lawrence.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 01:31 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Well, I guess I'll be the first to ask everyone.

How do you feel about the Ellenberger/Kampmann stoppage?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 03:39 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It was indeed early. That's not to say Kampmann wouldn't have rained down extra shots afterward though.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 03:51 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
More excited for next week when Kampann derails the Ellenburger hype train. cool

cool

The stoppage may have been a bit early (I can't remember, but it didn't look like Jake was protecting his head when he went down... I remember thinking he had his arms crossed below his neck and thinking it was strange), but Kampann has been routinely f@cked over by the judges and ref rulings, so its about time something went his way. At least Jake wasn't standing up like that terrible stoppage when Kampann fought Daley. Who knows how that Daley fight would have went if it was allowed to continue but even counting that loss, Kampmann should be on a seven fight win streak right now if it wasn't for those two terrible judge decisions against Shields and Diego. He deserves his win and IMO a title shot.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 07:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some really good fights. I remmbver thinking that Ellenberger was going to gas and that Kamp would finish him off or pick him apart for the finish but it was cool to see Kamp finish him while he is still kinda fresh. Ellenberger sitll look great as wlel, I thi nk he has the most power out of any fighter at welterweight fore sure.

Anyonme thinkLawrence standup is kind of overrated? He hasn't looked that dominant against a lot of fighters who don;t even have stand up background like Marcello, Cofer and Chiesa though his finish was sick. His defence isnt that amazing and he gets hit a lot. Cofer was actually outstriking him, though he did have the more powerful shots. But i remember thinking that the stND UP WAS KIND OF EVEN BETWEEN HIM ANd marcello and that he didnt look that great against chisea who aside form reaxh has rpetty poor staNDUP IMO. sorry about caps lol. His ground gamne is also shit. imo Al Iaquinta have best stand up from the season by far and he got unlucky against chiesa in final though it was nice to see chieas win.

Cruickshanks and Tickle was also awesome fight, his head kick against tickle after the fight was brought back to the feet was sick and they both eally bringed it nicely. Nice to see Sam get KO against Marcello, he was throing haymaker after haymaker and they were not only powerful but lightning fast as well.

Who are people picking between Barao and faber?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 03:03 PM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW it saddens me to say this as I teach Jiu Jitsu but im starting to think it is possibly the worst background to have in MMA and that wrestling/striking are better bases to work with. Guy with wrestling background only needs to learn submission defence really and he can dominate against jiu jitsu guy and as striking isnt really that great in mma they can catch up somewhat well enough, and often times powerful wrestlers have powerful punches which helps. Gy with striking bakground only needs to work really hard on wrestling defence, and perhaps some jiu jitsu to protect himself on ground if it gets there and so he can get back easily enough. But if striker can keep it standing (and it is easier to defend the TD than to land it) he can usually pick apart the other guy if he is weaker than him in the standup.

Sadly. Peaople like Maia, Fabricio Werdum, Frank Mir, and even Jake Shields will always be at a disadvantage against most top fighters as they lack top standup and top wrestling. That's why it's only guys like The Nog brothers, Diaz brothers, and BJ Penn who are great BJJ guys who do well at top, top level because they also possess top level striking.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 03:10 PM
StyleTime

Well, it seems like everyone feels the same about the Ellenberger/Kampmann stoppage. I don't mind Kampmann winning, but the stoppage does leave questions in the air. Kampmann was getting beat up in the first round and it'll be interesting if they have a rematch. In any case, Ellenberger made no excuses.

I agree Darth Ray. Lawrence's striking looks questionable at times considering all the hype he gets. That said, he was beating up Chiesa until he got tired. He even showcased a decent top game that Chiesa, a grappler, couldn't deal with until Lawrence gassed.

Iaquinta really dropped the ball though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 08:09 PM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anybody been watching TUF Brazil? lol on latest episode one of the contestants in celebration of coachs challenge between vitor and wanderlai picked brittany plamer up and ran around the field while grabbing her ass and she looked really pissed lol. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 11:46 PM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people think wins between bj penn and rory mcdonald?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 04:18 AM
StyleTime

^ Without looking at it too closely, I think BJ actually has a pretty good shot if they right now.

Erick Silva looked awesome tonight. This UFC on FX was a good idea. A lot of these are pretty exciting, even if they aren't big names yet. I hope this is pulling in the "curious but not sure yet" potential fans.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 9th, 2012 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:14 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Erick Silva is no doubt a talented dude, but that ref breaking up those clinches against the cage were laughably premature.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:21 AM
StyleTime

Honestly, I've seen way too many premature calls recently. These refs need to step it up.

Also, Demetrious Johnson vs McCall was awesome. Johnson had the edge, but it was a very even match across the board. The striking and Johnson's speed was just plain fun to watch.

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with the Flyweights as much as I should have. Anyone know how well Johnson will match up with Benavidez?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:23 AM
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Hohnson beats Benavidez. he beats him standing for sure imo, he outrstriked Dominick Cruz and he is much quicker than benavidez. Ian Mccall is much better wrestelkr than benavidez as well. Ahould be good fight but i give it to might mouse.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 05:58 PM