KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 246 247 [248] 249 250 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dvampire
xenogears

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Silva was the most spectacular mma fighter of all time... to watch.

GSP is the GOAT.

I always went against him once he became champ, but if you REALLY want to go that route, then don't compare gsp vs nick to silva vs nick you just be insulted by a person that knows both of them. sad

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 05:12 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

The LORDOFMMA'S UFC 205 PREDICTIONS

Alvarez VS McGregor- Winner by KO RD 2 2:50- McGregor

Thompson vs Woodley- Winner by KO RD 3 1:58- Woodley

Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz- Winner Unanimous Decision Jedrzerczyk

Weidman vs Romero- Winner Split decision-Romero

Tate vs Pennington- Winner unanimous decision Tate

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 12:58 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

This card was ****ing phenomenal. And we've got a good setup for future cards with Woodly/Wonderboy II and Conor vs whoever he wants next.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 13th, 2016 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 07:52 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cbak

Yeah really good card. By far McGregor's best performance to date (performance of the night for sure), his boxing looked so slick and he seemed surprisingly strong in the TD/clinch positions (though I do think part of that was that Eddie Alvarez kind of fought like shit), and I'm really hoping the UFC forces him to vacate one of the belts now and he just stays at a single weightclass, rather than trying to get the WW title (though if I'm being completely honest I do think it would be cool to see him fight Woodley). I'm guessing the cut to FW is too tough and that he's going to stay at LW, which is pretty exciting as there are a bunch of killers waiting for him. Khabib, RDA, Tony Ferguson, Barboza, possibly Cerrone if he moves down, though chances are he'll sidestep all of them to begin with and face Nate Diaz (who happens to ironically be a bad stylistic matchup for him though as far as the striking is concerned) for a third time or something. I don't think there's a chance in hell he'll ever agree to fight Khabib, who's grappling looked absolutely incredible last night. It's funny as I honestly believed that if there was one guy at LW he could beat it was Alvarez, as I didn't think Alvarez had looked all that good in the UFC aside from his performance against RDA and I didn't think his wrestling was anywhere near strong enough. But with that out of the way neither FW or LW (or obviously WW) present easy paths for him at all, so no matter what happens should be interesting to see. And I will say, after that performance, I now question how fluky his win against Aldo really was.

For someone of 30 years of age Romero looked absolutely sensational. Insane finish against a top guy and was really cool to see his wrestling look so dominant against a guy who's also a wresler and actually in what should be his prime.

Woodley definitely earned my respect with his performance and proved that he can fight an incredibly smart gameplan, do a good job of avoiding damage and that he can knock out anyone in the world at that weightclass. I scored the fight a draw, but either way he had two dominant rounds and came very close to a finish, without really ever being in that much danger. I did think Wonderboy was being a lot more tentative than usual, but I'm sure a lot of that was due to the threat of the TD, not to mention it is much harder to time someone as fast as Woodley. Hopefully we'll see a rematch soon (though after a fight with Maia who's more than earned his title shot at this point), and I'd probably still pick Wonderboy as I don't think that was his best performance. But that fight definitely proved that he still has a few holes in his grappling, and I think someone like Maia (or even a WW Khabib) would be an absolutely awful matchup for him.

Pretty characteristic showing of toughness and recovery from Edgar as well (totally rooting for him to retire without ever being finished), nothing really new there, overall a great card.

Last edited by cbak on Nov 13th, 2016 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 06:26 PM
cbak is currently offline Click here to Send cbak a Private Message Find more posts by cbak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Exceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeept?

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 10:00 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cbak

What? no expression

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 03:49 AM
cbak is currently offline Click here to Send cbak a Private Message Find more posts by cbak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Bluff, fear, SADNESS, anger, I don't give a shit, I'll make your life miserable, thout, violence, and to be blunt, a combination of you not existing any more. Got it? Goof.😐

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:28 PM
cbak

smile embarrasment wink cool mad confused smokin' alien miffed blink

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 08:44 PM
dvampire
xenogears

Bluff doesn't lead to every lasting life!

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 09:38 PM
Burley
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always said any reasonable pro level boxer can dominate other Martial Arts and it keeps being proved.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 07:02 PM
Burley is currently offline Click here to Send Burley a Private Message Find more posts by Burley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No, it really doesn't.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 09:17 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, what pro boxer stepped out the ring with no extra training and dominated top MMAtists?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 09:36 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Korean Superboy vs Cub Swanson.

How crazy was that fight? One of those rare occasions where your stock still rises even after the loss.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 09:29 PM
StyleTime

This card is literally a bunch of super models fighting. I want to see a good fight, and I like Paige and Michelle, but I also want them to just lay on each other. Lots of triangle attempts, checking the oil, north-south position...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 11:46 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

****ing Rousey didn't even attempt to keep her guard up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 31st, 2016 05:52 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

First time I've guessed the outcome of every single fight on the card correctly (Well, except the N/C between Oliveira/Means, and I guess Saffediene/Kim, but I think the vast majority of people believe Tarec won that).

Rousey got annihilated, no surprises.

I didn't think Garbrandt would dominate Cruz the way that he did, but I did pick him to win. I just had a feeling, he hits so damn hard, he's got a camp full of guys who have fought Cruz, he's been studying him for years; It went the way I sort of predicted it would go, minus the taunting and how easy he made it look. I actually picked him to win via KO/TKO, Cruz is super f**king tough.

Dillashaw vs Garbrandt will be a sick fight. I actually think Dillashaw will have more success against Cody than Cruz did just based off of styles. (This coming from a guy who had Cruz winning his fight against TJ 4 rounds to 1, albeit all close. Really can't see an argument for Dillashaw having won that fight, surprised so many people thought he did)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2016 04:15 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I think it was the wrong move to go against Amanda for Ronda's first fight in a year. Women's bantamweight has just filled out too much for that.

Then again, she got paid 3 million dollars.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 1st, 2017 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 02:08 AM
Bro SMASH

Rousey needs to drop that darn coach! He's a fraud and everybody can see that but her.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 06:43 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:07 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Even Amanda Nunes said she thinks Ronda should switch coaches. She thought Ronda could still be a force if she'd get back to her roots. Somewhere along the line, Edmond convinced her she was a boxer.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:47 PM