KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 247 248 [249] 250 251 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Damn fools!

Obviously the coach has a tape!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 08:45 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Woodley RD 3 VIA KO

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 12:41 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Let's hope you're wrong and Wonderboy spinning wheel kicks him into oblivion.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 12:46 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Damn. Didn't want to see Mark knocked out like that. Especially since his consolation prize for getting pit against a juicing Lesnar is being pit against Overeem.

Good knees from Overeem though.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 03:38 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Damn. Didn't want to see Mark knocked out like that. Especially since his consolation prize for getting pit against a juicing Lesnar is being pit against Overeem.

thumb up

I like Mark, and the fact that he had to fight a juiced to the gills Lesnar sucks, but he's also being kind of a baby about it. He said before the fight that he knew Lesnar was juiced to the gills, and he was going to knock him out anyway. Then he gets dominated and is all pissy about it. I dunno, he's not in the wrong at all, he just shouldn't have acknowledged the juicing before the fight and say it didn't matter, he'd still win.

Got a feeling Tyron "The Race Card" Woodley will win tonight. He has the advantage of having fought Wonderboy for 25 minutes, he knows how he feels/fights now, and he only took him down once in the first fight; if he goes to his wrestling more, gonna be a rough night for Wonderboy. I hope I'm wrong, cuz Tyron's a douche, but I think he takes it.

Also, Rashad's a bum now, lol.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 04:26 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

UBEREEM!!!!

If only he would've forearmed Miocic instead of going for the guillotine, he would be champ right now!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 04:36 AM
Trocity

Teymur vs Vannata was entertaining as f**k.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 05:02 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

This result should be interesting. The knockdown at the end might factor in since nothing else happened much. Wonderboy definitely took 1,2, 4 though.

Be hilarious if they got another draw.

Edit: Well, one referee did score it a draw. If only that knockdown hadn't happened. sad

I thought it was a good fight overall though. Those tense, strategic battles are interesting to watch when you know both combatants can end the fight at any moment. As much as I wanted Wonderboy to win, Tyron is extremely good. When they are that evenly matched, there is little room for error. The crowd just wants a brawl though, so they kept booing.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 5th, 2017 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 05:49 AM
LordofBrooklyn

This result should be interesting. The knockdown at the end might factor in since nothing else happened much. Wonderboy definitely took 1,2, 4 though.

Be hilarious if they got another draw.

Edit: Well, one referee did score it a draw. If only that knockdown hadn't happened. sad

I thought it was a good fight overall though. Those tense, strategic battles are interesting to watch when you know both combatants can end the fight at any moment. As much as I wanted Wonderboy to win, Tyron is extremely good. When they are that evenly matched, there is little room for error. The crowd just wants a brawl though, so they kept booing.

And STILL!!!!

If Woodley wasn't thinking about that potential GSP money he would've knocked out Wonderboy.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 06:07 AM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Trocity
thumb up

I like Mark, and the fact that he had to fight a juiced to the gills Lesnar sucks, but he's also being kind of a baby about it. He said before the fight that he knew Lesnar was juiced to the gills, and he was going to knock him out anyway. Then he gets dominated and is all pissy about it. I dunno, he's not in the wrong at all, he just shouldn't have acknowledged the juicing before the fight and say it didn't matter, he'd still win.

If Ubereem tests positive, Mark will go on a rampage lol.

I really wonder if Wonderboy blitzed more often, how it would go down. I know he's worried about takedowns, but I think he could still avoid them if he doesn't get too predictable with it.
Teymur vs Vannata was entertaining as f**k.

Hell yes. It was both technical and action-packed. It was one of those fights that makes me go "now, this is real martial arts." Who would have thought Teymur would cement victory with 3 takedowns though? Vannata was a D1 wrestler(albeit for one semester iirc), and Teymur didn't start grappling until he began MMA to my knowledge.

And Vannata throwing spinning wheel kick counters was awesome. Fight of the Night most definitely. I am a new fan of both.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 5th, 2017 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 06:15 AM
Trocity

Vitor needs to retire.

Kelvin is legit, he should just stick to 185. No point trying for 170 when it's clear he has issues making the weight.

Would like to see him fight Gegard next if possible.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 05:58 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Vitor needs to retire.

Kelvin is legit, he should just stick to 185. No point trying for 170 when it's clear he has issues making the weight.

Vitor lost?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 06:16 AM
StyleTime

Vitor needs to retire.

I think we might enter an era where massive weightcuts aren't seen as so pivotal to victory. Hendricks, Gastelum, Cerrone, Rumble. Guys like this are performing so spectacularly, often performing better at their natural weight.

Gastelum looks so good at Middleweight. He's sharp, fast, and still packs finishing power. He did get tagged there, but Vitor even at 39 still has moves.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 09:45 PM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Very good event.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:38 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Anyone agree that Woodley winning had more to do with

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:38 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

whoops sorry double post

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:39 PM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

give me 1 second to edit

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:39 PM
dvampire
xenogears

Rose namajunas is fine and she will be the next Sw champ (minus rigged fights.)!

She lost this fight because of lack of mt experience, but this is the first round:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bh9zCT2MKYc

It's really ufc 201. She's perfect!😏

Made by DW

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 12:32 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Check out Rose's fight this saturday!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjXEaODlBZU

Made by DW

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 12:54 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's unfortunate DC had to get KO' d in the rematch, especially since he was finding success in the match. You can tell this meant everything to him. I agree with Rogan about DC. In basically any other era, DC would have been a long reigning GOAT type of champ. He just happened to be alive during the reign of the only guy who has his number.

Also, I picked Woodley over Maia, so I wasn't surprised he won. I still think Woodley could have gone for the finish though. While Maia has taken down wrestlers in the past, I just don't see him lasting long if Woodley is throwing meteors at him. As Cruz pointed out, Woodley was already doing down blocks since he could read the takedowns. I just think Woodley's wrestling game is so much more nuanced than Maia's, that Woodley could have afforded to let his hands fly more often while still avoiding the ground. Smart game plan from him either way though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 31st, 2017 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 02:00 PM