KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 262 263 [264]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

I've seen the first two episodes. This all went down when I was just discovering MMA, so I didn't know much about it.

It's a crazy story though. Lee was rocketing to stardom then got wrapped up in the largest cash robbery during peacetime.

Also, is South London still like that? Or the part Murray grew up in?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:59 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've seen the first two episodes. This all went down when I was just discovering MMA, so I didn't know much about it.

It's a crazy story though. Lee was rocketing to stardom then got wrapped up in the largest cash robbery during peacetime.

Also, is South London still like that? Or the part Murray grew up in?
Yes, it's also the part I grew up in, they are gentrifying lots of areas mind you, but South London is South London. As a teen if you had a night out in the west end and wanted a yaxi back many Taxi's simply would not go over the river. He is the generation younger than me by 14 years. Mark Epstein who was his best friend and quite a good local fighter UK champion, lost to a young Bisping went on to the MCU.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 07:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yes, it's also the part I grew up in, they are gentrifying lots of areas mind you, but South London is South London. As a teen if you had a night out in the west end and wanted a yaxi back many Taxi's simply would not go over the river. He is the generation younger than me by 14 years. Mark Epstein who was his best friend and quite a good local fighter UK champion, lost to a young Bisping went on to the MCU.
to expand a little, South London has always had good parts though. You could drive 5 minutes from the ferrier, the biggest and worst estate (pulled down now) and be in Black Heath with 2 million pound houses.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 07:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Never thought Sean Strickland would outstrike Adesanya. Good on him.

And he did it with the fundamentals -- a left, a right, a front kick, and basic defense. Nothing fancy, but he executed it extremely well. His training with Pereira really paid off.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 11th, 2023 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2023 07:47 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Never thought Sean Strickland would outstrike Adesanya. Good on him.

And he did it with the fundamentals -- a left, a right, a front kick, and basic defense. Nothing fancy, but he executed it extremely well. His training with Pereira really paid off.
Actually haven't watched it yet, been watching the Rugby World Cup games, but I will.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2023 03:35 PM