KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

St. Pierre won because he had better positioning through the 2nd and 3rd round. I've always hated the judging system. It should be who ever gets their ass kicked more, loses. They gave it to him simply for being better at pushing towards the fense and for his take downs.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 07:11 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Shogun went for a triangle and Coleman slammed him and broke his arm!

Yeah Crocop needs to evaluate himself,get some air,come back and kick some ass.

I just watched the Coleman/Rua fight. I think a rematch is in the works. It looked like Shogun just fell wrong and broke his arm. Although I must admit I have become a bit of a Rua fanboy lately, I think he should normally be able to beat Coleman with little trouble.

Also, what did you think of the team brawl that broke out after the matchlol. I thought it was a bit unreasonable for Rua's team to jump out like that. It was a fair match and Rua got his arm broken. It's not like Coleman did something illegal. I always thought the fighters would be a little more mature than that.

Even still, brawls from teams of trained fighters are way more interesting to watch than baseball and basketball melees.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:41 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Ultimate Fighter 3 should be great. I love the fact that Tito and Shamrock are the coaches.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 08:45 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

*Breathes life into the thread and hopes someone responds to the message he posted earlier.*

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 08:48 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I herd about and saw pics of the brawl.On sherdog they where translating what Silva said.He challenged Coleman and Baroni apparently.Then he challenged Quinton Jackson again!Hopefully the open weight Grand Prix is very interesting this year.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:16 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by mr.smiley
I herd about and saw pics of the brawl.On sherdog they where translating what Silva said.He challenged Coleman and Baroni apparently.Then he challenged Quinton Jackson again!Hopefully the open weight Grand Prix is very interesting this year.

He challenged Rampage again? Seriously, what is he going to do if Quinton finally whoops his ass? Silva has been looking less and less like an axe murderer lately.

Who do you think is going to be pit against Fedor next? The only ones who had a real chance were Crocop and Nogueira in my opinion. Maybe Mark Hunt is going to get a shot?

The Grand Prix should indeed be worthwhile this year.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:33 AM
mr.smiley

I would definently like to see him fight Hunt.As of now though Fedor just looks unbeatable.He's just a real smooth fighter and tough as hell.
BTW:Their was a rumor that Sakuraba would be fighting Hunt in the open weight Grand Prix.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 03:42 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Warning UFC Opening Fight with TERRIBLE results

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8iqTFA...rch=fight%20ufc

kinda old, but want to see if anyone else has seen it

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WATCHING SOMEONE IN PAIN

for everyone else...enjoy

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 12:55 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

sick Dude ! devil

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 01:43 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

laughing out loud sick

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 03:55 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I love the other video of the kick boxer that does that. Closer angles on the leg. big grin

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 06:52 AM
Df02

yea, sick but seen it happen to someone before.

infact i have a dent in my right shin bone from something similar lol

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 10:06 AM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

That is f*cking awful.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 11:42 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Yeah, I love it!! And check this out;

I'm going to move across the country just so that I can find a good MMA gym. I want to do this stuff soooooooo bad..............

sig by Juggernaut66666

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 02:58 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by StyleTime
Pride is where the real fighters are.

100% agree

Cro Cop, Fedor and Aleksander Emelianenko = real fighters

as for Matt Hughes, i think he's pure steroids and nothing else.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 09:37 PM
Phat J

fedor's crazy man, have you seen the fight where he gets dropped on his head then he comes back and wins it?

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:17 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Phat J
fedor's crazy man, have you seen the fight where he gets dropped on his head then he comes back and wins it?
yea i think that was against randleman

Old Post May 7th, 2006 09:43 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Phat J

Yeah. Kevin Randleman slammed him on his head and Fedor still finished him off with a paintbrush. Darth Fedor isn't human. Roidleman is just living proof that steroids are no substitute for skill.

I didn't get to see Pride's open weight tournament yet
I'll post a synopsis when I see the fights. Mr. Smiley may have seen it already.

This tournament is what Pride fans like all of us have been waiting for. Excluding having Pride played on cable channels for free. They play f***ing football/baseball/basketball all day and can't put Pride on channels like ESPN.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 8th, 2006 at 05:38 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2006 05:36 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

UFC 60

this time, all my predictions were right except for the main event.

spoilers:

gracie is an incredible fighter...truely a legend. the man shows no expression during his fight, and knows exactly what to do....but unfortunatley....hughes punches were just too much for him.

hughes had gracie in an armlock for a while but gracie just would not tap out until he found a way to get out of it...and he did.

great fight thumb up

oh and as for matt hughes...he needs to shut the **** up if he thinks he can take out fedor and other pride fighters....ufc is NOTHING compared to pride.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 04:17 AM
StyleTime

I don't really keep up with UFC anymore. Hughes really said he can take on the likes Fedor and other Pride fighters?

Old Post May 28th, 2006 07:36 AM