KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Gladiator 2

Gladiator 2
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Yeah but theyve long scrapped that.

Yeah it was too far fetched for Crowe to grasp, muchness the public audience.

Too extreme a leap into the fantastical.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:26 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Gladiator was an OK movie, not the type of movie you would want to soil by making a crappy sequel that has nothing to do with the first movie.
WELL SOMEONE HAD OPINIONS.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:48 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's not a "recent' script.

I heard that about a year or two after Gladiator was released...

Like seeing people not actually reading people's posts

see the same thing on FB alot too.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 05:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Nick Cave (singer/writer) wrote a movie script for G2 years ago.
I personally thought it was so ludicrous, it verged on amazing!

Maximus is sent to Hades after his death. He wrecks so much havoc, he is cast out & emerges as Ares, the God Of War...cursed to forever fight in the wars humanity waged on each other.

Maximus is doomed never to die & finds himself complicit to every major war throughout history.

Apparently the final scene has Maximus standing on the deck of a huge warship in space about to go into battle...

I recall and it was equal parts ridiculous and amazing. Like the intro war montage from Wolverine:Origins, but a two hour movie of just that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 10:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Yeah but theyve long scrapped that. This one is apparently going to focus on the son.

Maximus' son? He died. Or do you mean the nephew to Commodus, the annoying little shitheel?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 10:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 08:47 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some films should not have sequels.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 08:48 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm pretty mixed on it.

On the one hand I like the ancient Roman setting, but why not just another ancient Rome movie not attached to Gladiator?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 09:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd be down for another ancient Roman epic from Ridley Scott, but leave Maximus dead and buried where he belongs and I happen to be of the crowd that loves this movie, it's one of my watch-anytime-films.

edit: I would be down for a prequel though. Cast a solid actor as a younger Maximus, maybe before he's a general and a rising star in the legions. Definitely cast an extremely shit-weaselly actor for a younger Commodus, Jack Gleeson would be great, but a bit too old now. Anya Taylor-Joy can play a younger Lucilla, she's a good actress and very nice to look at.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 23rd, 2021 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 09:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I agree. A prequel would be really cool.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 09:37 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I found this interesting, figured others might as well...

Full disclosure, he often will trash movies for their historical inaccuracy (for example I think he might have just about ruined my love of Apocalypto sadly sad ), but he likes this one despite the artistic liberties taken...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 02:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Apparently this is currently filming. Please don't suck.

https://collider.com/gladiator-2-set-photos-first-look/

Old Post Jun 29th, 2023 03:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can see it sucking after how Ridley Scott ****ed over the Alien franchise.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 01:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, good point. sad

If he had any sense he'd leave it alone. But dude just likes to crank out movies. Quantity over quality.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kinda glad he let someone else do the new Blade Runner movie, Only stayed on being a executive producer.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 07:39 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I guess you can't always get the best active filmmaker, but yeah, that was a good move.

I saw that Russell Crowe is sick of being asked about this, lol...

https://variety.com/2023/film/globa...d-AJ5ul_qg-y0uw

And he seems to think that Ridley must have good reason to return to it if he's making a new one after all these years.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 09:04 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder if they're using anything from the Nick Cave script for this sequel.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 10:17 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm always down for an epic ancient Roman epic, but the Gladiator/Maximus connection still seems rather forced. That story started and ended perfectly. Leave it be.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 03:40 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I'm always down for an epic ancient Roman epic, but the Gladiator/Maximus connection still seems rather forced. That story started and ended perfectly. Leave it be.
Spot on. Too many films that do that are spoilt with sequels.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 03:43 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I have the power to not let shit sequels spoil epic films for me. I just ignore them, the events.

So even if this is complete dirty ass (and I doubt it, cos subject + director), Gladiator will still be one of my top favorites.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 03:46 PM