KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Obi and Yoda vs ROTS Anikan and Sidious

ROTS Obi and Yoda vs ROTS Anikan and Sidious
Started by: DePWNZOR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lightsnake

Love doesn't sum up my feelings for Sidious and Yoda.

While Obi was hurting during the fight, he was more focused than Anakin whose mind was practically gone with grief, jealousy and rage. Obi-wan himself told Anakin "It's respect for the man you were."

When it coems to it, though, Obi-wan is more than willing to finish Anakin, hurting or no. He clearly grieves after the battle, true

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:47 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Or Sidious just annihilates Obi-wan without trying
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:48 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Care to explain that, Mystery? Yoda even tells Obi he can't kill Palpatine

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

He can atleast put up a good fight ,Sids Fanboy.You just saying '0H!!!1! $1d$ w1!! pwn1 teh 0b3 1!,isn't gonna cut it,buddy.Ob's will put up a good fight,not just be pwned like in your wet dreams of Sids. My Fanboy Friendroll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 02:29 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:27 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

You're basing this on what? Sidious's inferior defeated Obi-wan with little effort and if Palp pulls out the Dark Side, OBi-wan would never be able to stand that

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:29 AM
D-FENS

roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats because Ob's thought that Dooku wouldn't notice him if he came from behind his back(ROTS Novel),Ob's let his guard down,he is't going to make the same mistake again,your basing you points on nothing but your opinion.Give me evidence of ROTS Palps 'so-called' Instant WTFpwn power.An don't do the NEC deal,I want real proof of this insta kill power of his.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:33 AM
Lightsnake

Just ask Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Arden Lyn, Executor Sedriss, Ashkar Borda, among other Jedi masters during the purge, Dark Empire which states Sidious';s knowledge....

Though I think Kit Fisto would be sufficient...

Also...Obi got surprised in battle? So he's somehow absolved?

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:35 AM
D-FENS

This isn't DE Sidious,it ROTS Sidious,read the topic title.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Second,he wasn't surprised in battle,it's a duel,reread my post,he thought he could surprise if he snuck up on him and thought that the Count was more focused on Anakin(who he was having trouble with,again,from the ROTS novel and Gl aswell,watch the interviews on the bonus disk).

An third,those guys were surprised,don't give me that bullshit,this is a legit duel,not a surprise attack.

Fourth,Kit utilizes a form not ment for saber to saber combat.He isn't sufficient enough,again.

This is nothing that you've presented to me as proof right here.If you aren't going to provide anything with merit ,then stop wasting my time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:50 AM
Lightsnake

I did. Still applies.

Once more: Obi-wan made an error in a critical battle, he dropped his guard in a critical duel. And Kit certainly had time for the surprise to end. And Kit is a very good fighter, one of the best the order had produced.

Palpatine either utilizes Tera Kasi and a combinaiton of speed to destroy Obi-wan or sits back and destroys him with one of the many Dark Side techniques he has.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:53 AM
D-FENS

Again,proof you are a Fanboy.Why don't you pull Sids dick out of your mouth and think for once.And Kit may be a good fighter in battlle,but in a duel his form is basically useless.You underestimate Obi-Wan just as you overestimate Sids,Obi-Wan beat the best force user in the galaxy(Anakin,as quoted by GL),Palpy might defeat him,but he will not WTFpwn him,fanboy.

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 02:59 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 02:57 AM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Mysterious Man
Again,proof you are a Fanboy.Why don't you pull Sids dick out of your mouth and think for once.And Kit may be a good fighter in battlle,but in a duel his form is basically useless.You underestimate obi-Wan just as you overestimate Sids,Obi-Wan beat the best force user in the galaxy(Anakin,as quoted by GL),Palpy might defeat him,but he will not WTFpwn him,fanboy.

Those insults arent necessary.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

anakin was out of his mind with rage and grief. Sidious's grasp of the force isn't something Obi-wan can defend against, either. a storm of force lightning, a force crush...even if Sidious launches himself at Obi, uses Tera-Kasi.

Kit is quoted in the ROTS novelization as one of the greatest Jedi duelists the order ever produced and Obi's seen him fight.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:00 AM
D-FENS

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Those insults arent necessary.
It wasn't an insult,it was rying to get him to see reason,but I now know he's too stubborn.

Second,has Obi-Wan seen Kit fight in a Lightsaber duel?Kit basically had his ass handed to him by Ventress in The Cestus Deception(and you mentioned battel,not dueling,two different things.),and again,you are underestimating Obi-Wan,Anakin may have be overwelmed with anger and grief,but that doesn't not make him dangerous. roll eyes (sarcastic) And where does it say Sids knows Teras Kasi?Even so,force users have beaten people who have master Teras Kasi(yes,even other force users).

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 03:12 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:06 AM
Lightsnake

Claiming Sidious could defeat Obi-wan easily isn't exactly saying Yoda could destroy God.

And Dangerous or no, unbridled fury is not the best idea in a duel. It clouds your judgement and makes you stupid, like it did with Anakin. Obi-wan already knew a lot of Anakin's style and vice versa but Anakin's emotions interfered heavily. And Maul learned Tera Kasi from Sids. Once more, I fail to see how this is relevant: the novelization says Kit was one of the best duelists, and Sids is definitely a much stronger force user than Obi-wan

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:09 AM
D-FENS

This whole argument is about why Sids wouldn't instakill Obi-Wan,and no,you(and even the ROTS novel,I have it right here infront of me) said that Kit was good in battle,not dueling,nice try.

And I requote:"Anakin may have be overwelmed with anger and grief,but that doesn't not make him dangerous."And you may be right about the fury part,but he is still the best FOrce User in the galaxy.

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 03:14 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:11 AM
Lightsnake

"He defeated Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto and Mace Windu, four of the best duelists our order has ever produced."
And once more: Sidious's usage of the force is beyond Obi's level

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:12 AM
D-FENS

He didn't defeat Mace Windu,Anakin didroll eyes (sarcastic),Mace was about to kill HIM(and don't give me that shit about Palpy kowing about Ankin,GL said it himself,Mace won,fair and square).And he defeated two with surprise and one with the guy not using a form for saber to saber combat.

And once more: Don't underestimate Obi-Wan,Sids underestimated the Rebels and Vader and Luke(who is weaker in Force Skill and dueling than even ANH Obi-Wan at that time),and it cost him his life.

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 03:21 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:17 AM
Lightsnake

Oh for...that's what's quoted in the book by the characters. And by the by: We see them react to his leap. Agen is the one you can make a case for but Saesee and Kit? Kit and the other three are still described as such

And yes, I know Sidious underestimated the above, but I fail to see how Obi's going to put up a fight

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:20 AM
D-FENS

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Oh for...that's what's quoted in the book by the characters. And by the by: We see them react to his leap. Agen is the one you can make a case for but Saesee and Kit? Kit and the other three are still described as such

No,they aren't.Do you even listen to the commentary by GL on the bonus disks?Palpy had his ass handed to him by Mace,and Saesee hesitates in the movie,see the scene again.And for the last time!KIT'S STYLE IS NOT MADE FOR SABER TO SABER COMBAT!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:

And yes, I know Sidious underestimated the above, but I fail to see how Obi's going to put up a fight
And Sidious is going to underestimate Obi-Wan just like he underestimated Vader and Luke,and to quote Luke ROTJ: "Your overconfidence is your weakness." ,which isn't exactly far from the truth.Again,he might defeat Obi-Wan,but he certainly won't insta kill him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by D-FENS on May 4th, 2006 at 03:32 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:27 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Mysterious Man, Lightsnake might be a Sidious fanboy but in this case he's right. Sidious would tool Obi-Wan, just as Dooku did.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:37 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote