KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NFL Talk

NFL Talk
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (497): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

quote:
Originally posted by boxofdeath2.0
Green Bay receivers are just like Denver running backs. As soon as those receivers leave Green Bay, they're trash (see Freeman, Antonio; Brooks, Robert). And just as soon as Denver running backs leave Denver, suddnely they're no longer running for 1500 yards a season (see Gary, Olandis). Just wait and see how much Portis' production drops off this year in Washington. And see how well those "play-makers" in Green Bay do without Favre.

Just beacsue you have good stats doesn't make you a good player.
This is hilarious. GB recievers dont even hav great stats. Its the plays they make. None of them got 800 yards recieving this year. Get ur facts straight before u talkthumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 11:51 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

speakin of the Redskins, the pack are playing them this year. Thats gunna suk. That's a team i dont want to play now. Sure, they lost Champ but in return, they got Portis. Then they already hav arrington at LB and that guy is a stud. And once again, they signed Shawn Springs, and him and Champ are like shutdown corners. So wut they did was they traded the best CB in the NFL and got A top 3 RB and in the mix, got another friggin CB. They are officially the Yankees of the NFL. Oh, and they also got Brunell, who's hometown is in my area, so, ya, thats gunna suceek!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 08:21 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Re: NFL Talk

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
Who urs favorite team?

Mine is the Green Bay Packers. Hopefully next year they can make it all the way to the superbowel.

Also disucss ne thing u want about NFL or NFL players here....

Really?... D, ur my bud. Thats my fav team too!. Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 08:24 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Originally posted by total nettlehead
why does everyone follow the Packers nowadays??? confused

I liked them for... about 7yrs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 08:25 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by AliasNeo15
speakin of the Redskins, the pack are playing them this year. Thats gunna suk. That's a team i dont want to play now. Sure, they lost Champ but in return, they got Portis. Then they already hav arrington at LB and that guy is a stud. And once again, they signed Shawn Springs, and him and Champ are like shutdown corners. So wut they did was they traded the best CB in the NFL and got A top 3 RB and in the mix, got another friggin CB. They are officially the Yankees of the NFL. Oh, and they also got Brunell, who's hometown is in my area, so, ya, thats gunna suceek!

The Redskins will be better, but they won't be that good. Portis has to prove himself outside of Denver, and I don't think he'll be nearly as good in Washington. They have absolutley no offensive line, while Denver has one of the top 5 in the league. Mark Brunell hasn't been good in about 5 years, and he's 33 years old for crying out loud. Shawn Springs used to be good as well, he used to have talent but hasn't shown any since he went to the Pro Bowl in 1998.

And calling Portis a top 3 RB in the NFL is laughable at best.
Running backs I would rather have than Portis: Holmes, LT, McCallister, Williams, J. Lewis and Faulk are 6 RB's I'd much rather have than Portis.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 08:45 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

OK box, u hav a point by saying i was wrong about a top three RB, but I'll show u laughable with ur own words;
Williamslaughing out loud Faulklaughing out loud and McCallisterlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud
Ricky Williams has been figured out. He is a vertical runner with a stiff arm while Faulk is in an offensive system that has a problem at the QB position. And y the hell did u bring up Duce McCallister. That piece of trash couldnt lick the dirt off of Rudy Johnson's shoes. I would say the #1 RB is Jamal Lewis and that may only be because he is in a RB system, and he will never reach 2000 yards again cus TO will actually make the offense balanced. The #2 RB would be a tie between LT and Priest Holmes. Priest surprisingly does better because of the offense he is in, which isnt even a running offense, and LT in my opinion could be the best RB but he's in the wrong system with no O-Line. Then Green and Portis are pretty much in the same league when it comes to skill. Green has the all around game and he can read holes like no other, but Portis has the speed advantage. When it comes down to it, the top RB would be:
1. Tomlinson
2. Holmes
3. Lewis
4. Green/Portis - Im soooooo sorrylaughing out loud
6. Alexander
7. McCallister
8. Williams
9. James
10. Taylor
11. Faulk
12. Henry
13. Barber
14. Martin
15. George

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 10:28 PM
DeNiro

quote:
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
I liked them for... about 7yrs.

yea i have liked them for years also.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 04:19 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

dallas just signed Marcellus Wiley...so, they add another great DE to an already amazing defense. My god.

AND they are close to a deal with Drew Henson, plus there is the possibility that they may sign Vinnie Testaverde. Wow.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 10:20 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

God the Packers are great all around especilly thee offensive line. I mean Brett Farve is amazing no doubt, he can throw up a 60 yard pass to a packer with double coverage and still land it in the packers hand. But without the offensive line that gives him so much time i doubt he would be as greta as he is. but a say with a better defense the packers would deffintly go all the way next year.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 11:28 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yathumb up

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 12:22 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Id say the Superbowl is guna be between the Pack and New England, but Pats are prolly gunna winthumb up

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:48 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
When it comes down to it, the top RB would be:
1. Tomlinson
2. Holmes
3. Lewis
4. Green/Portis - Im soooooo sorrylaughing out loud
6. Alexander
7. McCallister
8. Williams
9. James
10. Taylor
11. Faulk
12. Henry
13. Barber
14. Martin
15. George

..and Stephen Davis is where in that list?

Jamal Lewis is a prime example of the wonders of cocaine when you're an athlete. Talk about being a "speed freak". roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't even see how you could put Tiki Barber and his crippling fumblitis in ANY Top 20 list, and exclude Stephen Davis, who was actually, statistically in the Top 10 in Rushing for 2003, as well as led all rushers in the post season.

By the way, Cowgirls won't be back in the hunt until they can sign a decent punter, quarterback, and recieving core.

As for the Packers, same old story. beth will throw just as many TD's as interceptions in one of his last seasons.

I expect the Buccaneers to be contenders once again, after cleaning house and reworking their entire time, dropping Keyshawn and Lynch, adding on some big name talent.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 05:36 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

Well I know there are a lot of packer fans on here but personally I like my hometown team the Carolina Panthers. And they could have won the super bowl if it wasnt for that last damn kick. Man that pissed me off so much that I felt like punching the kicker in the face. Well at least we got close and I hope they will be in the next super bowl.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 12:09 AM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

how about them 49ers? did they Fcuk up or what?! Duh, lets lose our starting quarterback and both of our best recievers.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 12:57 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

Yep they screwed up.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 02:01 AM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

quote:
Id say the Superbowl is guna be between the Pack and New England, but Pats are prolly gunna winthumb up

U know the Pats are a all around amazing team but I am seriously getting sick of them. I flipped when I saw the playoff game between Raiders and pats when they called that bogus pass call he had the ball he went to throw then he brought it back clear as day. Got his ass tackled and fumbled it I mean how easy of a call was that to make from the sidelines but to miss it after reviewing a play. Come on thats BS

I just think that Farve will be a lil bit smarter after the last game he played and dominate even more next year. And Green is just going to get better with experience.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 02:41 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yathumb up
oh and to the 9er fans, im sorry that the post dynasty has ended. They are going to be a sorry team for quite a long timelaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 03:16 AM
DeNiro

I always liked the 9'ers but they are going to suck now

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 03:30 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yalaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 03:33 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
how about them 49ers? did they Fcuk up or what?! Duh, lets lose our starting quarterback and both of our best recievers.

Garcia and T.O. weren't all that great. Apparently they weren't working out, and were sent packing. They'll rebound.

Besides, now Terrell is in Philly, where he'll get used even less than he did by the Niners.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 05:24 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote