KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NFL Talk

NFL Talk
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (497): « First ... « 492 493 [494] 495 496 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Put's a wrench into the whole Payton-Brady argument.

(I believe SB's are won by teams, not QB's)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 02:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by botankus
Congrats to Coughlin and the Giants. Once again they rose up and snatched the trophy away from Lord Brady.

yeah congrats. Happy Dance wow this game had me worried.when Brady completed that pass on forth and 10 I think it was and kept the game alive,I was worried they might come back and win at the very last second with that hail mary pass cause I was remembering that playoff game with the packers and giants where the giants completed a hail mary pass right before halftime and scored a touchdown so that was on my mind.Had me breathing a little uneasy there for a minute.whew,what a game.I knew it would be another close one.they always are between these two teams.

MAYBE now we'll stop hearing all this crap that Belecheck is one of the greatest coaches ever.when the day comes that Tom Brady who resurrected his career,when he retires,everybody will see that Belecheck is not the great coach everybody makes him out to be. the same way Shannahan of the Broncos was exposed as not that great a coach once Elway retired.that he was nothingwithout John Elway.

Just think,if that Giants offensive lineman doesnt recover that football fumble from his running back,all we would be hearing right now at this moment is how Belecheck is the greatest coach ever and Tom Brady the best ever which again is why i say thank god the patriots lost this game and now i dont have to hear that anymore for a while. Happy Dance

Last edited by Mr Parker on Feb 6th, 2012 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 06:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Smasandian

yeah with TWO losses in the superbowl now,it really does. big grin Had Bradys receivers made those catches they normally make,we would be hearing now that Brady is in a whole new class by himself in elite quarterbacks but with this loss now he is going to be mentioned in the same breath as big brother Manning now.How ironic. big grin

Yeah dont get where people get the idea that the quarterback alone wins or loses games.Is it Bradys fault that his recievers dropped passes they normally make? Is it his fault that the patriots defense jumped offsides when it was third and 7 for the Giants on the ten yard line keeping the drive alive for the Giants giving them a much easier chance with third and 2 to keep the drive alive which they converted and because of that,Manning was later because of that penalty,complete a 40 yard pass down the sidelines setting up their other touchdown? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll never understand the logic of fans that somehow all of that was bradys fault. laughing

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 06:35 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

1. Brady should have thrown a better ball to Welker.

2. The safety and interception were moronic.

3. 9/11 wasn't an inside job.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 01:52 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

They are but Eli has been clutch all year long and that sbowl win he was spot on. The pass to Manningham was perfection personified. Eli was clutch when he needed to be Brady clearly was not.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 02:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My point is that the you need two people to complete a pass (not including pass protection) and Manningham made an unbelievable catch.

Call Manning clutch or not but that catch was combination of a good throw and a good catch thus my point of that SB's are won by teams, not QB's/

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 02:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

My point is that the you need two people to complete a pass (not including pass protection) and Manningham made an unbelievable catch.

Call Manning clutch or not but that catch was combination of a good throw and a good catch thus my point of that SB's are won by teams, not QB's/
Manning made the plays when the game is on the line. Brady didn't. He didn't put the ball in the right spot he threw it in terrible spots for his guys to make plays on the ball.

We judge qb's well I do based upon clutch play and Eli has some of the best clutch play ever from a qb.

Eli made better throws when it counted. This isn't the first time Eli outplayed Brady.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 03:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Barker
1. Brady should have thrown a better ball to Welker.

2. The safety and interception were moronic.

3. 9/11 wasn't an inside job.

someone has an obsession. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 03:44 PM
Mr Parker

You know it was really a couple of key penaltys on the patriots more so than the dropped passes by the partiots that cost them the game.That penalty when the giants had the ball down at the patriots ten yard line and they recovered a fumble by the giants wide receiver was wiped out and the giants kept possesion of the ball because the patriots had 12 men on the field and The Giants got a touchdown out of that.That was a major killer for them.

The other one that hurt them was they stopped them on their own ten yard line on third and 7 but The Giants got the ball back because of an offsides penalty on the patriots which gave them third and two that they converted and then that kept the drive alive which allowed Manning to complete that 40 yard pass down the sidelines which set up their other touchdown.Two huge MAJOR mistakes that cost the patriots more than anything.This game could easily have gone either way.

Like it was already mentioned,it takes a TEAM to win the game.Cant blame the game entirely on Brady.He had nothing to do with the patriots committing those penaltys.sure he was off a few times on key throws but they lost as a TEAM.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 03:50 PM
Mr Parker

You know Brady just wanted to do the Elvis Grbac thing and say-I can throw it but i cant catch it. big grin laughing out loud But he is too much of a professional to do that.That was probably why his wife said it for him was he wanted to say it but knew much better to do so, so he had his wife say it for him. big grin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 03:53 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Just think,if that Giants offensive lineman doesnt recover that football fumble from his running back,all we would be hearing right now .....

That would be Chris Snee, Tom Coughlin's son-in-law.

I think he will be getting quite the Christmas gift next year from his father-in-law.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 12:42 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Really wanted Tom Brady to complete the hail mary heave into the end zone at the end of the game. Not because I like the Patriots or Tom Brady, because I don't.

It's because I wanted to see a hail mary heave win the super bowl.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 02:37 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's funny how similar both Super Bowl's were. (Granted I didn't watch either of them).

Both ending in a failed Hail Mary attempt that almost happens and both games involving an important catch to help the Giants.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 04:32 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by botankus
That would be Chris Snee, Tom Coughlin's son-in-law.

I think he will be getting quite the Christmas gift next year from his father-in-law.

wow,how wild.Yeah I would say Tomboy is going to get a very good christmas gift next year alright.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 07:38 PM
Mr Parker

It's funny how similar both Super Bowl's were. (Granted I didn't watch either of them).

Both ending in a failed Hail Mary attempt that almost happens and both games involving an important catch to help the Giants.

yeah that was pretty amazing that they were so similiar like that.first time the patriots lost,I was bummed out at FIRST because I wanted them to go undefeated.some people dont appreciate how difficult that really is to do but then later I remembered what a cheater belecheck is and a couple days later I was happy about it that they lost.

This time I was immediately happy they lost cause Belecheck is so freaking overrated.He is a big zero without Tom Brady. When the day comes that Brady retires,people will see his true colors that he is not that good a coach just like they found out with Mike Shannahan once he lost Elway.When he had Elway they were talking about what a genius he was,you dont hear that anymore now.Same thing will happen with Belecheck.

When Brady completed that pass on 4th and 15 I was nervous and sweating till the very end when he threw that hail mary.as he showed on completing that 4th down,until that final second ticks off, with tom brady, the game is never over till its officially over.

Plus I was remembering how The Giants completed a hail mary pass right before halftime against the packers to take the lead at halftime and then go on to win the game so I was extremely nervous when he threw that ball knowing anything could happen.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Feb 12th, 2012 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 07:44 PM
guy222
With my gal

draft then season

saints dirty

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 06:43 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

Chad Johnson was arrested for head butting his wife. She said she knew he wouldn’t hit her because his hands have been useless for years.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2012 11:21 PM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Giants vs Buccs Link?

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2012 05:55 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Dropped Alfred Morris before week 1
Didn't start Hicks yesterday.

I hate my fantasy team.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 05:48 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Chargers

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 04:26 PM