KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NFL Talk

NFL Talk
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (497): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
To be good, Cowboys obvisualy need to get atleast a QB who is smart and does not give TO, and a great RB.

The cowboys are already good and they have neither of those.

And to be great (at least great enough to win a super bowl), you don't need both of those. They help, but they arent completely necessary.

QCar is perfectly capable of leading a team to a Super Bowl. He doesn't make too many stupid mistakes, the problem has just been that he is the focal point of the Cowboys offense. If youre a Defensive Coordinator and you know that the Cowboys have nothing that even resembles a running attack, you blitz QCar every single play without fail. If they draft a good RB (I pray that its Steven Jackson from Ore St.) it would take a lot of pressure off of QCar, thereby keeping the defense honest and limiting Quincy's mistakes and turnovers.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 07:34 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont think he has the ability to lead them to the Super Bowl. Parcells decision to sign Henson is because Carter makes a boat load of mistakes each game. But i do agree they need a great RB to make Carter good enough to go to the playoff, but if the running game is shut down...the game is over and Cowboys lost.

But teams need atleast a great player in RB or QB. but if one of them is mediocre...then the team is screwed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 06:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
I dont think he has the ability to lead them to the Super Bowl. Parcells decision to sign Henson is because Carter makes a boat load of mistakes each game. But i do agree they need a great RB to make Carter good enough to go to the playoff, but if the running game is shut down...the game is over and Cowboys lost.

But teams need atleast a great player in RB or QB. but if one of them is mediocre...then the team is screwed.

If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, Quincy Carter can too. With a good running attack, he will be lightyears better than what he was last season.

If our running attack gets shut down we dont automatically lose. We didnt have a running attack in 2003 and still managed to win 10.

You don't need a great RB or QB to win a Super Bowl. Tampa had an above-average QB in Brad Johnson and a fairly mediocre RB in Michael Pittman and won. The Ravens had Trent Dilfer, the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl, and who knows who they had starting at RB that year.

You don't need great skill positions to win a Super Bowl. Granted, they help, but they aren't completely necessary.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:58 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Tampa Bay and Baltimore also had great defenses. By great, i mean, compared to the all time defenses. The Cowboys' defense is good, but is no way at that level

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:27 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well true, but if the team faces against a above average defense with a good offense with it....you rarely see the team go to the superbowl.
and Carter is no Brad Johnson or even Trent Dilfer....

Maybe not Baltimore, but Tampa Bay.. i think now Dallas is better.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

Dallas has the best defense in the NFL, and if they sign Vinny Testaverde, they will be super bowl material. And there's talk of drafting Kevin Jones or Chris Perry for their RB.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 06:44 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Patriots, Panthers, Ravens and Dallas are the best defenses.
If Dallas get one more CB...i think they're better then the Ravens.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 12:00 AM
Pittbull
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Patriots, Panthers, Ravens and Dallas are the best defenses.
If Dallas get one more CB...i think they're better then the Ravens.

Yes I like the panthers defense also. Julius peepers is really good on the panthers defense. big grin

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 02:43 AM
Pittbull is currently offline Click here to Send Pittbull a Private Message Find more posts by Pittbull Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Pepper's is a killer..but i think Jenkins is the key to that D line.
Roy Williams should of been the D rookie of the year...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:57 AM
Pittbull
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Pepper's is a killer..but i think Jenkins is the key to that D line.
Roy Williams should of been the D rookie of the year...

Yes Jenkins is definately one of the top players on the panthers defense.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 02:10 PM
Pittbull is currently offline Click here to Send Pittbull a Private Message Find more posts by Pittbull Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep Sir ee.

But i dont think they can get back to the superbowl.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 10:25 PM
Jeff_Atello

nope

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 10:36 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I think the Patriots are in one of those rare positions where they are going to hav a dynasty for more time than a dynasty usually lasts. they hav so many players that can play their defensive system and now they are going to hav another good draft with those two 1st round pics. They me off this year and they are going to piss me off for like 10 more yearsmad

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 04:24 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

if only my chiefs would go after some defensive players...all they need is a mediocre defense...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 05:18 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, their offense is something people dont see a lot. i thought their defense was ok this year, but if it was a little better, they would hav been in the Super Bowlyes

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 05:31 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

their defense couldn't stop a good high school's offense last year

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 05:45 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

well they were worse the year before thatlaughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes...Manning killed them...literally....and it would of been a shut out if Indy had any sort of Defense also..
If Indy got a decent defense...they would be unstoppable.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:19 PM
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Yes...Manning killed them...literally....and it would of been a shut out if Indy had any sort of Defense also..
If Indy got a decent defense...they would be unstoppable.

yes, they would be stoppable. remember the afc championship game when manning threw about 29 interceptions? i dont think the indy defense had anything to do with that.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:23 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, i think it had to do with the Pats being friggin crazy in their defensive schemebig grin

I still hav faith in the Packers though. They hav all 22 starters coming back and most of them are in their prime except for maybe Brett Favreerm
Id say they will get farther than the 2nd round. They could hav beaten Philly and I know for sure they could hav beaten Carolina. They wont win the Super Bowl anytime soon, but i think they can easily be the best in the NFCwink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 08:39 PM