KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » greatest actor of all time

greatest actor of all time
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

gary oldman
denzel washington
tom hanks
jim carey (favourite; not the best)
Richard Gere
Colin Farrell
Sam Rockwell(Another favourite along with Colin Farrell)
Christopher Walken
christian bale
Edward Norton(simply because of AHX and The Illusionist, Both Superb)
off the top of my head
also michael caine, anthony hopkins and tom hardy

I'd say as a personal preference British actors/actresses are "greater" than American actors.

as far as actresses go, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Emily Blunt(Underrated IMHO), Michelle Rodriguez...off the top of my head.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2014 07:14 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

matt damon
tom cruise
tom hanks
edward norton
johnny depp
denzel washington
will smith
robert downey jr
this guy is questionable due to versatility but he steals every scene hes in: joe pesci
al pacino
tim robbin
jack nicholson
christian bale

Last edited by dynamix on Jan 6th, 2014 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 02:02 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

forgot to mention Robert Downey Jnr and of course, my all time favourite, imo this generations greatest actor, and of all time, Benedict Cumberbatch
also Dynamix, another scene stealer would be Steve Buscemi...
but I dont personally agree with Matt Damon being on your list, and I do believe you will feel the same about my list

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 02:40 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

ha it's all good, dude, i don't expect everyone's list to be the same lol. your list is solid to me and i'm a huge fan of Sam Rockwell! loved his movie "Moon". Damon has a pretty impressive library of work i've viewed many times. From School Ties (which i think is pretty underrated) to his Bourne series, i think he showcase a nice set of range and usually carries the movies he's in.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 05:06 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brad Pitt

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 10:19 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gerard Depardieu is underrated, I mean just look at his Obélix, that guy did become Obélix entirely, GREAT performance.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 01:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dynamix
ha it's all good, dude, i don't expect everyone's list to be the same lol. your list is solid to me and i'm a huge fan of Sam Rockwell! loved his movie "Moon". Damon has a pretty impressive library of work i've viewed many times. From School Ties (which i think is pretty underrated) to his Bourne series, i think he showcase a nice set of range and usually carries the movies he's in.

yeah, I mean, im not saying hes a poor actor, I like his films, a personal favourite is "We Bought Zoo" really touching for some reason, even though I clearly cannot relate to it as I have never even thought about buying a zoo..but yeah.
I enjoy Matt's earlier work, like his roles in the view askew productions(Kevin Smith Movies) like Dogma for example, he was brilliant in that, he is definitely a top 40 actor for this generation, his best performance to date would definitely be either Saving Private Ryan or as Jason Bourne....
Laurence Fishburne is absolutely brilliant aswell, His speech in The Matrix Reloaded when he addresses Zion....gave me goosebumps.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 04:01 PM
Cat Lady

I really like Robert Downey Jr. as a recent actor. James Stewart is an all time favorite of mine.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 10:39 PM
Cat Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Robert Downey Jnr has been on the scene for about 20+ years.
Pat Stewart is immensely talented.
woody harrelson, hes a brilliant actor...if you havent...I suggest you watch "Natural Born Killers" Juliette Lewis co-stars, along with Robert Downey Jnr.
Roberts best film to me is kiss kiss bang bang with Val Kilmer or Tropic Thunder, In that he is just SO convincing lol

Last edited by TheDude666 on Jan 8th, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 11:30 AM
wilco

Bobby De Niro

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:42 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

This thread needs to be remade. Made into the best actors of the 80's,90's and 2000 plus its just impossible to respond to this thread there are to many actors to choose from and from different generations.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 01:59 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

cant believe no one has mentioned kevin bacon yet.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 02:01 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Male: Anthony Hopkins
Female: Meryl Streep

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 09:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Male: Anthony Hopkins
Female: Meryl Streep

Agreed

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 08:32 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fostersAccount
Filmmaker & Cinephile

barbara stanwyck

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 11:14 PM
fostersAccount is currently offline Click here to Send fostersAccount a Private Message Find more posts by fostersAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

So many good answers. Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Gene Hackman...gotta add Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and others like that I guess. Never really got into the Italian types like Pacino and DeNiro as much, though they are great. From yesteryear, Sydney Poitier and Charleston Heston. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor were hilarious, Chris Farley best for physical humor...
Younger guys: Leo Decapriato, Matt Damon, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman are climbing the ranks.
Honorable mention to Gary Sinase and Don Cheadle....Val Kilmer was very versatile also.
Magneto and Prof X were portrayed by long term superstars also. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:25 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amanda234

George Clooney, beyond all doubts. He was fantastic in 'Confessions of a German Mind' as well as 'The Good German'.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:19 AM
Amanda234 is currently offline Click here to Send Amanda234 a Private Message Find more posts by Amanda234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I just watched the movie called Impossible. Ewan McGregor just got a ton of respect from me. There's this one scene that he's looking for his family, and I won't say what he does (don't want to spoil it), but he pulls out this emotion, that I didn't think he had in him. Excellent actor.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 04:38 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
I just watched the movie called Impossible. Ewan McGregor just got a ton of respect from me. There's this one scene that he's looking for his family, and I won't say what he does (don't want to spoil it), but he pulls out this emotion, that I didn't think he had in him. Excellent actor.

Is it on Netflix?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 03:43 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Is it on Netflix?

Not sure, I watched it on Showtime.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:04 AM