KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ultra-Man vs. Black Adam

Ultra-Man vs. Black Adam
Started by: B dot Rob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Ultranman would grab Adam by the head, look deeply into his eyes and hit him with a concentrated HV blast. He would then commence to beating the life out of him.

I don't see how BA survives, much less wins, a fight vs a serious UM.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:57 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop

Neither do I.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:05 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah. IF Mazahs is anything to go by, UM was stronger:

that's what i said--i just didn't have the pretty pic to show. page ruiner. stick out tongue

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 02:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah. IF Mazahs is anything to go by, UM was stronger:
The thread was created in 2006. This is pre-Flashpoint BA/UM.

Originally posted by zopzop
Superman has a long history of overcoming Ultraman, dating all the way back to the Silver Age. Hell, J'onn has tooled Ultraman as well.

Given his history, to say that BA couldn't even survive a fight against Ultraman demonstrates a pretty gross ignorance of their respective feats.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 03:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

fights would clearly be close. i think UM is as powerful as billy but is vicious in a way billy isn't. he'd fight to kill which is different from almost everyone adam goes against in his own weight class.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True. That's why I think this would be closer to a stalemate then anything.

Near-identical stats. Same vicious mentality.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
The thread was created in 2006. This is pre-Flashpoint BA/UM.

Superman has a long history of overcoming Ultraman, dating all the way back to the Silver Age. Hell, J'onn has tooled Ultraman as well.

Given his history, to say that BA couldn't even survive a fight against Ultraman demonstrates a pretty gross ignorance of their respective feats.

Uh, no. The only two times Superman has beaten Ultraman clean pre crisis or post crisis are All star squadron 15 and in Trinity.
Ultraman was weakened when J'onn beat him and a universal law made it sure that CSA will lose on main earth no matter what.

Superman actually broke a knuckle punching Ultraman in AOS 6039

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by abhilegend
Uh, no. The only two times Superman has beaten Ultraman clean pre crisis or post crisis are All star squadron 15 and in Trinity.
Supes was also swatting Ultraman all over the place in AoS #604-605. He was clearly superior.

Superman actually broke a knuckle punching Ultraman in AOS 6039

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:02 PM
Stoic
Avenger

True. That's why I think this would be closer to a stalemate then anything.

Near-identical stats. Same vicious mentality.

On the other hand, it never has to be close, and this is one of those times that PIS could work in favor of one character, while working against the other. If we follow the character's personalities, UM could HV his eyes shut, or possibly blind him (he's a vicious version of Superman). This would allow him to pick his shots, and make each one count. With guys of this caliber, it wouldn't take long at all for what I said could happen, to happen. Think of how functional both would be in a real time setting.

However, if Adam can outfight him he should win. I can't seem to give him the odds of taking Ultraman though. It would be so easy for UM to dominate this from the very start.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:08 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Supes was also swatting Ultraman all over the place in AoS #604-605. He was clearly superior.

Eh, he looked superior. But he has looked superior to pretty much everyone at one point or another.

Bottom line is Ultraman can actually beat Superman. Neither Cap nor Adam have done that, despite their magical advantages.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bottom line is Ultraman can actually beat Superman. Neither Cap nor Adam have done that, despite their magical advantages.
So despite the fact that Superman has looked demonstrably superior to Ultraman in almost all of their encounters over the years(aside from one), yet has never managed more than a stalemate against BA, you think Ultraman wins?

Sorry, but I just can't get behind that logic. By all rights, this should be a stalemate.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 22nd, 2015 at 05:21 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:18 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

attrition will win out in the end for one or the other though, no? not sure who would have the better damage soak if it came to an battle of attrition, but, assuming UM IS an equal to kal, i'd give it ultimately to him more often than not. especially with the added advantage of the vision powers.

and no one ever answered my question with regards to magic vs UM. no evidence either way i assume...?

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:36 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So despite the fact that Superman has looked demonstrably superior to Ultraman in almost all of their encounters over the years(aside from one), yet has never managed more than a stalemate against BA, you think Ultraman wins?

Sorry, but I just can't get behind that logic. By all rights, this should be a stalemate.

What encounters you have in mind where Superman decidedly looked Superior than him? Because he sure didn't look better than him in Final Crisis or Brave and Bold.

Heck, he looked absolutely equal to Superman in Final Crisis.

What fights we have left where Superman looked superior though?

And Superman and Adam have fought two times post crisis. Not enough to gauge his level to Superman's since Superman was actively holding back.

Put it this way, the biggest Black Adam fanboy ever Geoff Johns had Ultraman crush Adam like he was a baby

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
and no one ever answered my question with regards to magic vs UM. no evidence either way i assume...?
The only instance I recall of post-Crisis Ultraman facing magic was during his scuffle with Morgaine:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Her touch definitely hurt him.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 22nd, 2015 at 05:54 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:51 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
attrition will win out in the end for one or the other though, no? not sure who would have the better damage soak if it came to an battle of attrition, but, assuming UM IS an equal to kal, i'd give it ultimately to him more often than not. especially with the added advantage of the vision powers.

He has never been weak to magic. Actually no sold silver age Dr. Fate and oneshotted him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What fights we have left where Superman looked superior though?
This?:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Along with AoS #604-605, like I mentioned earlier.

Put it this way, the biggest Black Adam fanboy ever Geoff Johns had Ultraman crush Adam like he was a baby
Don't care what happened post-Flashpoint. That isn't what is being debated.

He has never been weak to magic. Actually no sold silver age Dr. Fate and oneshotted him.
Silver Age showings are equally as irrelevant.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 22nd, 2015 at 05:57 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:55 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This?:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Along with AoS #604-605, like I mentioned earlier.

Don't care what happened post-Flashpoint. That isn't what is being debated.

Silver Age showings are equally as irrelevant.

That's superman beating him with his skills as he explicitly States. Under the same writer Ultraman beat him cleanly.

Can you post their fight in Brave and the bold 11? That's a personal favorite and I think most people haven't seen that fight.

So it's 1 win, 1 loss and a bunch of draws between Superman and Ultraman. Looks better than Cap and Adam' records combined against Superman

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 06:17 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

my issue with using superman for adam is that they've never REALLY settled things between them. that's my ONLY issue with adam in general. how many clean wins does he have vs billy, and how many times has billy beaten him? adam rarely seems to have good, 1 on 1 match ups where both he and his opponent are both going all out to full capacity--it's what i was getting at in the wonder woman thread. who are his great 1 on 1 battles against.....? i remember some good ones vs billy, but i can't recall too many others that he's had...

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 06:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's superman beating him with his skills as he explicitly States. Under the same writer Ultraman beat him cleanly.
He still beat the tar out of Ultraman+the Crime Syndicate rather easily. That is ridiculously impressive.

Can you post their fight in Brave and the bold 11? That's a personal favorite and I think most people haven't seen that fight.
Here's that:

...Though I don't really know if I'd call that a fight in the typical sense, given that, eh, no punches were thrown. Though Mix did have to tell Superman to let Ultraman up at the end(implying that Ulty was being overpowered)... shifty

So it's 1 win, 1 loss and a bunch of draws between Superman and Ultraman.
Well, you also agreed that Superman came out of AoS clearly looking better than Ultraman.

Look, I'm not saying that Superman is more powerful than Ultraman--they're obviously peers. I'm just saying that Superman almost always comes out looking better one way or another. While their encounters might be more limited, Superman has still never managed more than a stalemate against BA.

So tack the fact that BA and Supes are peers, onto the fact that magic seems to have a negative effect on Ulty, and I certainly think BA can at least manage a stalemate. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on May 22nd, 2015 at 06:35 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 06:31 PM
Stoic
Avenger

He still beat the tar out of Ultraman+the Crime Syndicate rather easily. That is ridiculously impressive.

Here's that:

...Though I don't really know if I'd call that a fight in the typical sense, given that, eh, no punches were thrown. Though Mix did have to tell Superman to let Ultraman up at the end(implying that Ulty was being overpowered)... shifty

Well, you also agreed that Superman came out of AoS clearly looking better than Ultraman.

Look, I'm not saying that Superman is more powerful than Ultraman--they're obviously peers. I'm just saying that Superman almost always comes out looking better one way or another. While their encounters might be more limited, Superman has still never managed more than a stalemate against BA.

So tack the fact that BA and Supes are peers, onto the fact that magic seems to have a negative effect on Ulty, and I certainly think BA can at least manage a stalemate. /shrug

Superman simply knows how to fight better. He also knows exactly how much he can take; so there is a large chance that he would pull his punches against Adam, opposed to a mirror image of himself
that lacks his superior combat expertise. If Adam lays into him; and has the ability to dictate the fight by never taking hard clean hits, while laying down his own, he'd punch his lights out. The strength disparity between the two, isn't so great that UM wouldn't feel Adam's punches. However, is there any hard proof that Adam is a better fighter than UM? The answer to that question, would make a world of difference.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:19 PM