KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Martial Arts

Martial Arts
Started by: spidergrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « First ... « 58 59 [60]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Padawan Obi-Wan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I pushed past that despite knowing better and stopped at: "grappling is not very effective". Fortunately it was only about three more sentences.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Provide a rebuttal jackass. It's only so effective in MMA because it bans all the really dangerous stuff. As I already said, closing the range opens yourself up to all these crippling attacks that are very hard to defend against. Of course, both you and your opponent have access to these, but it takes control away from your ability to protect yourself. Attack from range, and it is pure stirking, and you can be more in control.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:21 PM
Padawan Obi-Wan is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan Obi-Wan a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan Obi-Wan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Responding to everyone in separate posts wastes e-paper. Not very green of you.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:22 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan Obi-Wan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
This is where everyone should stop reading.

Too bad about your last thread btw didn't have a lot of success did it?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:29 PM
Padawan Obi-Wan is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan Obi-Wan a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan Obi-Wan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan Obi-Wan
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Grifter, Iron Fist, Wesley Gibson vs. Midnighter, Spiderman, and Task Master

Grifter has his psi powers.

Standard equipment.

Fight takes place on the set of Who's the Boss."

I'm in a good mood so I'll give you some constructive criticism.

Your first error is in layout. Not only does it lack structure but it also completely lacks style. Both ineffectuve and boring.

Secondly, you added very little context to their engagement. People like a bit of background information. People like a bit of a story. It's what draws them to comics in the first place (you can refer to my first thread for details on this btw). Add a bit of story and people will be more invested in the outcome.

So I'd work on those two details first and then perhaps your future threads might see some more interest.

Don't feel bad about it though nobody succeeds at everything, you made some mistakes but hopefully you'll learn from them.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:34 PM
Padawan Obi-Wan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Responding to everyone in separate posts wastes e-paper. Not very green of you.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Padawan Obi-Wan
Provide a rebuttal jackass. It's only so effective in MMA because it bans all the really dangerous stuff. As I already said, closing the range opens yourself up to all these crippling attacks that are very hard to defend against. Of course, both you and your opponent have access to these, but it takes control away from your ability to protect yourself. Attack from range, and it is pure stirking, and you can be more in control.

1) Calm down

2) Boxing is VERY effective, some would say it's the most efficient form of striking with the fist. It's highly recommended.

3) Grappling is VERY effective, as many a fight ends up going to the ground.

You were wrong (1 & 2) in your claims, just deal with it; it's okay.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Too bad about your last thread btw didn't have a lot of success did it?
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Edit:

"Grifter, Iron Fist, Wesley Gibson vs. Midnighter, Spiderman, and Task Master

Grifter has his psi powers.

Standard equipment.

Fight takes place on the set of Who's the Boss."

I'm in a good mood so I'll give you some constructive criticism.

Your first error is in layout. Not only does it lack structure but it also completely lacks style. Both ineffectuve and boring.

Secondly, you added very little context to their engagement. People like a bit of background information. People like a bit of a story. It's what draws them to comics in the first place (you can refer to my first thread for details on this btw). Add a bit of story and people will be more invested in the outcome.

So I'd work on those two details first and then perhaps your future threads might see some more interest.

Don't feel bad about it though nobody succeeds at everything, you made some mistakes but hopefully you'll learn from them.

Oh, thanks for that.

I don't really care about a comic vs thread, nor does it have anything to do with what we're talking about. You seem mad.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on May 3rd, 2012 at 01:43 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 01:36 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

You have been nothing but a jerk since the moment I started posting in this forum.

That isn't the way your mother and I raised you.

Now please, explain why people should stop reading? if fact, rebutt the following:

1. Size of boxing gloves provide unrealistic simulations of contact and range of your punches that do not accurately reflect real world bare knuckle punches.

2. Boxing is one-dimensional and nowhere near as complete as other martial arts.
I don't remember ever speaking to you before on the forum, so there's that...

The size of a professional boxing glove is 8 oz, that's not large at all. When a boxer removes his boxing glove he does not suddenly forget how to throw a punch. Lmao at about 1 inch of material making the range of a punch different. Even if the glove were a foot thick in boxing you are taught to punch through your target, ie follow through, so contact would be made regardless.

One dimensional does not = bad. Only someone who doesn't fight would think so. You can easily beat someone just using your fists, here's some top secret info, it happens everyday.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 01:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

(please log in to view the image) @ this page.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 04:33 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Is that the guy from white collar?

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 05:28 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

No, that's Jim Cornette. Watch the botchamania episodes on youtube.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 03:52 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Royler Gracie, Robin Gracie and I at Gracie Barcelona Centre de Jiu-Jitsu i Defensa Personal, Spain.

(please log in to view the image)

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 01:37 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
continlawyer1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yesss, I like Martial Arts...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:53 PM
continlawyer1 is currently offline Click here to Send continlawyer1 a Private Message Find more posts by continlawyer1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

I was about to give OP some suggestions until I saw that this thread was 9+ years old.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 05:24 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote