KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

No, where on earth did you hear that?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 10:24 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
What about Versus is it really coming in November?
No it isn't. Where did you hear that crap? XIII isn't even out yet and so far its been stated that the people involved with versus XIII halted the project to help finish XIII.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:48 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Actually, that's not true, but there are people working on both teams.

Versus XIII will likely not be out until FFXIII itself, though, or later.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:59 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:26 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I can't believe Japan will have this game on 2009 but North America has to get it in 2010. Why?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I can't believe Japan will have this game on 2009 but North America has to get it in 2010. Why?

Because that's how it goes. It takes time to translate and localize the games. This is nothing new and that's always been the case with games like this.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:39 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I don't care if the game speaks Japanese. I only care about the fighting.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Don't worry. It has always been like this, and I rather wait for a good localization instead of having to read/hear poorly translated dialogue. Not to mention we tend to get exclusive stuff like extra bosses and content to make up for the wait.

Whatcha think of the gameplay?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:42 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Then you are playing FF for all the wrong reasons. It's an RPG. The focus is on the characters and plot. How can you play a game like that without knowing what's going on?

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't worry. It has always been like this, and I rather wait for a good localization instead of having to read/hear poorly translated dialogue. Not to mention we tend to get exclusive stuff like extra bosses and content to make up for the wait.

The gameplay is what made me go "okay, good, this IS still FF" when I was watching that video. Sci-fi stuff is just something that never seems to go with FF in my mind beyond small bits of it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:45 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well, you have to get bilingual writers to translate all the text for a huge RPG, then recode the game with the new language and recheck several times for errors, audition and hire actors, actually record all of that script in the new language, replace the original sound with the new sound, recheck all that several times for errors, give marketing time to think up, create, and send out advertising...

It's a lot of work.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:47 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Two words: kick ass smile

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:48 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Peach
Then you are playing FF for all the wrong reasons. It's an RPG. The focus is on the characters and plot. How can you play a game like that without knowing what's going on?

Agreed. Hell playing Dissidia which is a fighting game is hard when it is in japanese. Well...not really hard but learning the moves, and especially the story is almost impossible. I can't even begin to imagine how terrible playing a FF in japanese would be.

Originally posted by Peach

The gameplay is what made me go "okay, good, this IS still FF" when I was watching that video. Sci-fi stuff is just something that never seems to go with FF in my mind beyond small bits of it.

It is somewhat similar to FFVIII in the scifi(I'm fond of 8 so it doesn't bother me) and I agree about the gameplay. It looks FFIsh...but it feels more vibrant...I can't wait to learn the details.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:57 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A lot of the hardcore fans will order the Japanese version of the game so that they can play it early, even if they can't understand the dialogue. You're free to do the same if you wish, there are Japanese websites that ship overseas.

As far as the Sci Fi goes, been lingering since FFVI. FFVII had a large Sci Fi element to it, as did VIII. FFVI enjoyed a happy medium of some sci fi aspects within a fantasy setting.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Okay, whoevers idea it was for Japan to have FFXIII first is a baka.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:12 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's always been that way. Square is localized in Japan, they make the games in Japanese first, just be happy we started getting them here regularly, there was a time when we wouldn't even be getting each FF game, many skipped release here in the states.

It makes sense to do it this way rather than making Japanese gamers wait while they translate the game. If it's finished and ready to go in Japan no reason why they shouldn't release it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, whoevers idea it was for Japan to have FFXIII first is a baka.

...you're aware that Square-Enix is a Japanese company, right?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:19 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I know Square-Enix is a Japanese company. I'm so enraged because I can't play this game until next year. NEXT YEAR!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:22 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Apparently Cloud started taking estrogen.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 12:11 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is also worth noting that the US release won't come until the 360 version is ready.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 12:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The fighting mechanics look like a combination of FF 1-10 and Crisis Core.

Taking turns with a bit of freestyle button-mashing.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 02:48 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote