KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 5
Started by: Dayscribe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Not that ridiculous when you think its probably still over a year away. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:10 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Well yeah, but we even got Early Mario Galaxy gameplay videos before Wii launched.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:11 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

GTA hasnt had any, and its only weeks away. lol

I have a wierd feelings some country is gonna go after this game as racist. sad

Last edited by @stroFan on Jul 11th, 2007 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:17 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
It looks like ****in RE4 in Africa like I said.

And why would that be a bad thing?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:23 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kai3345
Amatuer Filmmaker

Chris Redfield Confirmed! Yay!

sig made by humancandle of www.blaklitestudios.com

Games I'm waiting for in the Wii VC: Mario RPG, Paper Mario, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:38 PM
kai3345 is currently offline Click here to Send kai3345 a Private Message Find more posts by kai3345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I wonder how much ass Chris will kick in this game.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:44 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by AstroFan
GTA hasnt had any, and its only weeks away. lol

I have a wierd feelings some country is gonna go after this game as racist. sad

Did anyone go after RE4 for the way it portrayed Spaniards?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 08:12 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

No, but the Spaniards were really being controlled. This game looks different, people cheering while people get tortured. But I dont know till I see it in the context of the game.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 08:13 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

True, but until we have more facts, we really can't tell anything about these people. Except for the context of the series, which would indicate that the enemies are probably going to be zombie-like and inhuman in some respect.

Besides, they're all probably infected with some T/G-VeroniPlaga Virus, so who knows what kind of behavior that would cause.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 08:31 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont understand why somebody got made about RE5 being RE4 in Africa.

Isnt that what everybody wants with the new RE game, RE4 gameplay?

I ****ing dont want old school RE games for the 5th.

I think this game looks pretty neat. It's something different in the setting. What I hope is that the developers get the same feel of RE4 right. I want the merchant and great bosses. I hope they balance the difficulty a bit with the new faster enemies because if its the same as RE4, thats going to be ****ing hard.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well there are many who prefer the older gameplay of the previous Resident Evil Games. Less Action, More Scares.

And yeah, being that these creatures move so fast, we better be able to move while shooting as well, which would actually take away even more of the original Resident Evil feel and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:16 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

IMO it will make the series better. I always found it stupid for characters to be unable to shoot while walking. Just make it harder to aim/hit when the character is moving Capcom. It isn't really that hard.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:32 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

RE5 reminds me of the Movie "City of God"...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:38 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by InnerRise
Well there are many who prefer the older gameplay of the previous Resident Evil Games. Less Action, More Scares.

Thats one thing I think they can change for the better, bring the different play types together. RE4 had some quiet moments were you thought a scare would be coming, but it really didnt, aside from the one guy on fire.

I think they can find a way to merge the two with intense battles perhaps with an indoor area where you think you are getting a break, but you are actually getting set up for a scare.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 11:44 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The ironic thing is that except for the camera and the aiming controls, RE4 plays just like the rest of the series. Exact same tank-like movement, you just have a different perspective.

I agree, though, that 4 was/is an action game with occasional horror elements.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:52 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, you face more enemies in the opening village scene than you do playing through any old school RE. lol

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For me, RE4 behind the back perspective made the series respectable again.

Nonbody cared about RE until the change the perspective.

I hope they continue with RE5.

RE4 wasnt scary like RE games were scary. It was really creepy though. I find games like RE4 alot more scarier because you get surrounded and you usually always get hit in the back. I was consistently checking behind to see if any of those ****ers were behind me. That was my biggest fear.

If they go back to the old RE way....**** that, I'm not playing it. I hate that way. I didnt understand why it was so ****ing hard to shoot something, or move.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Agree with Smasandian.

RE4 rescued the dying Resident Evil franchise, who hadn't had any really good games in quite a while. And for me I don't get scared so easily, I have found earlier RE games to be a bit boring at times, whereas RE4 had alot of intense moments (like the house with Luis and Ashely) that are really intense and fun to play. I also liked the fact that the opponents were still zombee-creepy but also more intelligent.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:39 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It's quite possible to mix intense action & scares.

Capcom should take some notes from F.E.A.R

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:43 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

FEAR is paranormal, though, and RE is more "What has science done?!" It may have zombies, but it's always strictly scientifically "plausible" infection and/or mutation.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 07:04 PM