KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (65): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Mario games almost always take full advantage of the nintendo system it debuts on... I dont expect another game to strike me with awe the same way mario 64 did though

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 18th, 2006 09:13 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Some new videos... check out the two on the top

http://media.revolution.ign.com/med...588/vids_1.html

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 11:15 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

God bless you, Spartan005

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 06:48 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

laughing Now BOW DOWN TO ME!!!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAH evil face

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 07:06 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It doesn't look THAT good to me, although it's a step-up from Mario Sunshine. I'd say ANYTHING is better than that pos.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 10:23 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

it looks awesome. its one of the games im most looking foward to, along with ssbb and prime 3. i think it will make alot of people sick though, looking at some of the disorientating clips. hopefully it wont affect their ability to enjoy it after they get used to it.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 02:38 AM
Decay is currently offline Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they've gotten use to it wouldn't they enjoy it then? Wouldn't getting use to it be a good thing?

Kind of redundant.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 24th, 2006 06:28 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'm still waiting for this game to come out. They said it should come out in the US around fall/winter 2007.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2007 05:21 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

If it wasn't for all the overrated Halo 3 hype up crap I'd say this game was in the top spot for taking GOTY 2007.

The contenders IMO are (in no particular order):

1) Metroid Prime 3
2) Mario Galaxy.
3) Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
3) Halo 3 (though I don't if it'll actually deserve it)
4) Metal Gear Solid 4.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:09 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's not forget God of War II. I think the original God of War won Game of the Year as well.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 01:53 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
If it wasn't for all the overrated Halo 3 hype up crap I'd say this game was in the top spot for taking GOTY 2007.

The contenders IMO are (in no particular order):

1) Metroid Prime 3
2) Mario Galaxy.
3) Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
3) Halo 3 (though I don't if it'll actually deserve it)
4) Metal Gear Solid 4.

I don't think Halo 3 will take Game of the Year. If anything Mario since everyone who played the demo at E3 called it "perfect" and it was the most played demo. Super Mario Galaxy will have some competition but all in all it has the greatest chance to win.

I bet most people will be disappointed in Halo 3 as many were with Halo 2 saying that the original was better.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 08:35 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Im really excited about this game

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:53 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

join the club, mate

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 08:42 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by InnerRise
Let's not forget God of War II. I think the original God of War won Game of the Year as well.

I don't own a PS2 and I never played the first God of War, but I did watch my roomate play it a lot, and it seemed fun if not extremely repetitive. I was never big on 'action' games anyways, where you just go from room to room and fight countless enemies over and over with the same moves. Needless to say that same roomate bought GOW2 and tried playing it on his PS3 and HDTV but it looked like crap (obviously, because of the non-HD) so he hasn't really played it yet.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:51 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

god of war owned
to bad my bro took his ps2 to uni with him..
anyways back on topic
im gonna find some more new stuff

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:28 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I don't own a PS2 and I never played the first God of War, but I did watch my roomate play it a lot, and it seemed fun if not extremely repetitive. I was never big on 'action' games anyways, where you just go from room to room and fight countless enemies over and over with the same moves. Needless to say that same roomate bought GOW2 and tried playing it on his PS3 and HDTV but it looked like crap (obviously, because of the non-HD) so he hasn't really played it yet.
Way to downplay the structure of Action Games.

Once could easily.......EASILY comment on the repetitive Structure of Side Scrollers as well, which you're very fond of. erm

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 05:14 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Way to downplay the structure of Action Games.

Once could easily.......EASILY comment on the repetitive Structure of Side Scrollers as well, which you're very fond of. erm

Humm, an interesting take. By "sidescrollers" I assume you mean 'Platfrming' because there is more then one type of sidescrolling game. Nevertheless Platforming games tend to have some backtracking, lots of puzzles, and enemies, and bosses, and collection of items. I suppose the same could be said of GOW, but its still mostly 'kill kill kill' with very little break in the killing. I dunno, I just always found them extremely repetitive. That being said I've never played GOW for a long period (longest I played it was for about 2 hours or so) of time and from what I've seen and read its pretty much THE best action game ever made. So I assume its not plagued by the same kind of repetitiveness of most other action games. But platforming games tend to mix things up and keep them interesting with various things to do, and usually defeating enemies is secondary to everything else.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 05:35 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Generalize enough and anything becomes boring.

Platformers are repetitive because all you do is jump, jump, jump.

Puzzles are repetitive because all you do is move pieces.

FPS games are repetitive because all you do is move around and press the "fire" button.

RPGs are repetitive because all you do is navigate menus and text.

See what I mean? Don't over-generalize, because that only describes the base concept, not the true game itself.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 10:08 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Generalize enough and anything becomes boring.

Platformers are repetitive because all you do is jump, jump, jump.

Puzzles are repetitive because all you do is move pieces.

FPS games are repetitive because all you do is move around and press the "fire" button.

RPGs are repetitive because all you do is navigate menus and text.

See what I mean? Don't over-generalize, because that only describes the base concept, not the true game itself.
Surprisingly enough, believe it or not, I actually agree with you.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 11:18 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Nope, Resident Evil 4 won '05 Game of the Year. And I doubt GoW2 will win this year against Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and isn't Metroid Prime 3 suppose to come out this year?

Last edited by ESB -1138 on Apr 9th, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 11:44 PM