KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (65): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Nope, Resident Evil 4 won '05 Game of the Year. And I doubt GoW2 will win this year against Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and isn't Metroid Prime 3 suppose to come out this year?

Its debatable. Prime 3 SHOULD be coming out this year, but its Nintendo and we all know how they like to delay things *cough*TwilightPrincess*cough*.

I honestly think its more likely that Prime 3 will be coming out this year and Mario Galaxy will sadly be pushed into 2008

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:00 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Its debatable. Prime 3 SHOULD be coming out this year, but its Nintendo and we all know how they like to delay things *cough*TwilightPrincess*cough*.

I honestly think its more likely that Prime 3 will be coming out this year and Mario Galaxy will sadly be pushed into 2008

Like Miyamoto says "a delayed game can become a great game but a bad game is just a bad game."

Sonic Team needs to know when to delay a game. I don't think they have game testers anymore...expect with Secret Rings.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:06 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Nope, Resident Evil 4 won '05 Game of the Year. And I doubt GoW2 will win this year against Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and isn't Metroid Prime 3 suppose to come out this year?
Well it did win a lot of "Best of" Awards.

"It was very well received by critics and fans alike and was the recipient of many awards, including "Game of the Year" honors from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and several informal gaming websites like IGN"

And here are just some of the specific awards that God of War won.

Overall Game of the year
Console Game of the Year
Outstanding Achievement: Animation
Outstanding Achievement: Original Music Composition
Outstanding Achievement: Sound Design
Outstanding Character Performance: Male
Action/Adventure Game of the Year

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:18 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Do you guys know how to stay on topic?

Seriously.

What does God of War have to do with Mario at all?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:19 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Theyre both video games. I win

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:30 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everything, Lana. Everything.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:31 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a matter of knowing how, but choosing to do so. I MEAN SERIOUSLY! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:44 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by InnerRise
Well it did win a lot of "Best of" Awards.

"It was very well received by critics and fans alike and was the recipient of many awards, including "Game of the Year" honors from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and several informal gaming websites like IGN"

And here are just some of the specific awards that God of War won.

Overall Game of the year
Console Game of the Year
Outstanding Achievement: Animation
Outstanding Achievement: Original Music Composition
Outstanding Achievement: Sound Design
Outstanding Character Performance: Male
Action/Adventure Game of the Year

Super Mario 64 was praised in the gaming press, and is still highly acclaimed. It has collected numerous awards, including various "Game of the Year" honors by members of the gaming media, as well as Nintendo's own bestseller Player's Choice selection. It has placed high on many "greatest games of all time" lists, ranked #1 by Next Generation Magazine, #5 and #1 in Nintendo Power issues 200 and 100 respectively, #1 by Super PLAY, #5 by IGN, #5 by Electronic Gaming Monthly, #12 by GameInformer.and #13 by GameFAQs users . EGM awarded Super Mario 64 a Gold award in its initial review, and in Edge, the game was the first of only five games to ever score a perfect 10/10. GameSpot called Super Mario 64 one of the 15 most influential games of all time.

Super Mario 64 is one of the greatest games of all times. Everyone who had played the demo to Galaxy (which was also the most played demo) called it "perfect" and it's not even done.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:52 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's all nice and dandy but I don't see why you quoted my post to say that.erm

IS it related in anyway? Trying to prove a point? Because I missed it.

anata wa wakarimaus ka.....

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:25 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

He is saying Mario Galaxy is t3h 1337!111

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 05:17 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nevermind.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 05:30 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he really isn't.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 05:30 AM
MadMel
Heh

oh shut up laughing
your going to make every reader crack 'emselves up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:15 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

just found out what the co-op mode in SMG is all about

your friend can sit there with a wiimote and control that little star thing and collect coins and other objects

cant speak for everyone, but i sure wouldnt want to be the one sitting there moving that thing around the whole time

maybe its better than it looks

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:40 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I wonder what kind of abilites Yoshi will have in Super Mario Galaxy...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:13 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

well, assuming yoshi is even in it

yoshi hasnt been confirmed right?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:20 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pinkfloydkor

No, he really hasn't. It never even came to mind that Yoshi would even be included in this game.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:33 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by pinkfloydkor

No, I doubt he will given the setting and the fact he was useless in Mario Sunshine. lol

November 12, last 4 months of the year are gonna be sweeeeeeet. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:05 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

This game is shaping up to be absolutely amazing. Matt and Bozon (IGN) said its even better then Metroid Prime 3, which was near perfect. And both picked it as their overall game of E3. Everything about this game looks fantastic, the graphics are beautiful, nothing to scoff at even for the PS3 and 360. The gameplay looks not only varied, but fresh and new. The different gravity in different places is pure brilliance. I have a feeling this will be the Wii GOTY, even beating Smash and Prime 3. From what IGN is saying its easily a contender for GOTY overall. I cant wait for this.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 09:17 PM
pinkfloydkor

sounds good to me big grin

although i do have VERY high expectations for smash

we'll see

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 09:20 PM