KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » seventh book (havent figured out a good name yet)

seventh book (havent figured out a good name yet)
Started by: miserablestar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
miserablestar

seventh book (havent figured out a good name yet)

Chapter 1

“No!” yelled Uncle Vernon.
“If you don’t let me place wards on this house, Voldemort or any one of his Death Eaters will surely kill all of you,” Harry argued.
“No! I’ve tolerated enough…magic…in this house long enough with you boy, and I will not allow that to become a permanent feature of this home.”
“Vernon,” Aunt Petunia said softly, “Let him do it. If my sister and her husband were killed by this…monster…then what chance do we have if he comes here?”
“But Petunia,” Uncle Vernon pleaded. The only arguments Uncle Vernon could lose was to his wife.
Aunt Petunia turned to Harry, “Do it.”
“I’ll start tomorrow,” Harry sighed with relief and started up the stairs towards his room. He had no love for the Dursleys, but he doubted he could go on with good conscience knowing that they were potential targets that would be left unprotected. Harry approached Hedwig and told her to send the message already attached to her leg. It was night so even with Hedwig’s white feathers, there would be little chance of anyone seeing her if she flied high. He then turned around and sat down on his bed. In one week he would turn seventeen and the charm protecting the inhabitants of this house would be gone. He had stayed with the Dursleys as long as he could in order to refine his plans. He already sent a note to the school stating that he would not be attending classes, but might drop by for a visit. Harry had also been practicing spells he found in an advanced charms book he had ordered from Flourish and Blotts. The ministry hadn’t bothered to try to do anything about Harry using magic before he was seventeen just as he knew they would. It wouldn’t be wise to lock up the only wizard the magical community had hope in. Harry lied down to go to sleep.

Harry awoke to the sound of the doorbell and a scream. Harry bolted out of bed still in the state of being halfway asleep, then Harry laughed. The Dursleys had just met Hermione, Ron, and whoever else they could get to show up to help with the warding. Harry quickly dressed and ran downstairs to find a small crowd of wizards including Fred and George, Mr. Weasley, Lupin, and Mad Eye Moody, all of whom were wearing silver bracelets that were glowing faintly.
“Hello everyone,” said Harry to the group of wizards and smiling at the Dursleys who were huddling together in the kitchen doorway.
Hermione ran up to Harry and hugged him ranting about him being safe. Ron and the others all said hello together, and the Weasley twins threw four bracelets at Harry.
“What’re these for?” Harry inquired.
Fred and George smiled, “Well, remember when we told you about the shield hats?” asked George. “And we said we were working on a few more defense artifacts?” piped up Fred. “You see, we were always wondering if you could put a charm on something that would nullify the Imperius Curse,” “So we decided to try it out figuring that if it doesn’t work, we might get a funny effect we could sell.” “Anyways, a canary cream and a daydream spell later, we figured it out and began selling them to the community as bracelets that could be permanently affixed to the arm using a permanent sticking charm.” “And, with Hermione’s help, we’ve been able to add other spells to it, such as all the charms on our Shield line, and some other antijinxes that defend against all sorts of magic!”
“Wow! Thanks!” Harry said.
“Are we going to get started soon or have tea?” asked Moody.
Harry smiled and said, “Let’s go then.”

“Whew, I wonder if Hogwarts has this much security placed on it,” said Ron as he sat down in the Dursley’s kitchen that night.
“Ron! If you had just once read Hogwarts a History, you would know-”started Hermione before Ron cut her off.
“Just kidding! Just kidding!”
Harry thought Hermione seemed rather irritable throughout the day. She even managed to cow Moody into silence once during the warding. As Harry looked more closely, she did seem distracted.
The Dursley’s walked in the house at that very moment and Uncle Vernon shouted, “Well! Is the house blown up yet?”
Harry rolled his eyes while Mr. Weasley seemed to be trying to figure out why Uncle Vernon asked such a stupid question.
“Well seeing how the house is still here…” mumbled Harry.
“Now, as for you lot,” growled Moody while brandishing the bracelets.
“W-What are those for?” asked Uncle Vernon timidly.
“You will wear them.”
“What! No! I will NOT walk around with that, that thing attached to my wrist everywhere I go!”
“Oh yes you will,” said Moody and he waved his wand three times. Once to forcefully put the bracelets on the Dursleys, once to place a permanent sticking charm on them, and once to enlarge Dudley’s.
While the Dursley’s were occupied with trying to remove the bracelets, the Weasley’s, Moody, Lupin, and Hermione left the house and apparated back to wherever it was that they came from, but not before Ron, Hermione and Mr. Weasley could make sure that Harry would check in with them at Grimmauld Place before going on his quest.
Harry laid in bed for a while to sort out his thoughts once again. One thing down. Harry had been thinking about the night last spring when he and Dumbledore had come back from the cave on the countryside shoreline. Harry still felt enormous rage towards Snape, but he couldn’t help but wonder why Snape didn’t capture Harry when he had the chance. Harry was left alone and wandless on the grounds when he dueled Snape. Snape could have stunned Harry and taken him to Voldemort himself. Also, it seemed as if Snape had been trying to push Harry into learning nonverbal spells at the same time. Harry still didn’t know what to think about that, but he knew that if he and Snape met again, Harry would make him pay for killing Dumbledore.
Harry had also been going over his past encounters with Voldemort. Harry had been trying to figure out how to defeat Voldemort when their wands would just lock up and prevent either of them from performing any spells. Harry would have to have some way of fighting off Voldemort if they met again while Harry was searching for the Horcruxes. Harry soon fell asleep and had dreams about Voldemort and his Death Eaters attacking him with bowls of ice cream.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:23 AM
miserablestar is currently offline Click here to Send miserablestar a Private Message Find more posts by miserablestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miserablestar

Chapter 2

“Why are you here Bellatrix?” Voldemort demanded in his cold, high-pitched voice.
“Please, my lord. I was just wondering, I mean, we were all wondering, what will become of the Malfoys?”
“They will die soon, as you should have guessed. Their entire family is worthless to me. You are excluded of course, Bella, however I have one final task at hand in which they will be useful. After that, you may assign whomever you like to kill them if the task of killing them is undesirable to you.”
“No, my lord. As you killed your father, I shall kill my sister,” said Bellatrix softly.
“Excellent. Now leave me. Unless of course, you have some other trifle to ask of me?”
“No, my lord. I’m sorry my lord.” Bellatrix disapparated with a crack and Voldemort was left to his thoughts.
One final task for the Malfoys and then I will dispose of them, Voldemort thought. Voldemort stared at the glowing bracelet sitting on the table before him and he smiled. Soon all wearers of this wretched trinket will be vulnerable again.

Harry awoke with a severe craving for rocky road and suddenly missed Fortescue. Harry was going to leave today. He had gotten the date of Bill and Fleur’s wedding, which was set on the 15th of August. Harry had plenty of time to visit Godric’s Hollow before then.
“Potter!” came a yell from below that sounded like Uncle Vernon. “One more owl, and I’m going to shoot them on sight!”
Harry rolled his eyes and went downstairs. The owl was perched upon the china cabinet in the kitchen, but when it saw Harry, it flew down to him, dropped the letter in Harry’s outstretched hand and flew out the chimney. The Dursleys had reopened it after the fiasco three years ago when half the Weasley family got lodged in it.
Harry picked up the letter and it read:

Students still able to go to school will be required by law (Educational Decree…whatever it is now) to attend Hogwarts. Parents will be punishable with a trip to Azkaban. Under no circumstances will these students leave Hogwarts premises during this time.

Harry also found a list of schoolbooks inside. Harry then pulled out his wand and set the letter on fire.
“I will be leaving today,” Harry said to the Dursleys while they cowered away from him. It seemed a little silly to Harry to be afraid of what a simple lighter could do.
“Good riddance then,” said Uncle Vernon after he recovered from the display of magic.
Harry had already packed everything in his magically lightened trunk and attached it to his broom. Harry was now waiting for Hedwig to come back from sending the message to the Burrow telling everyone that Harry would not be at the Dursleys and would return for Bill’s wedding.
That night, Hedwig returned with a message tied to her leg.
“I told you not to accept any return mail,” Harry said to Hedwig, but untied the message anyways and read it.

As much as we would like to, we know that we can’t stop you from going to the Hollow. Remember that You-Know-Who may have spies placed on likely places for you to go and Godrics Hollow has to be high on the list. Also remember that you will always have a place to recuperate in our house.

Arthur Weasley

“You guys aren’t going to guilt me into going to your house first,” said Harry, but he smiled all the same. Harry sent Hedwig off to the Weasleys to stay there while Harry was gone. Harry then magically attached his invisibility cloak to himself, grabbed his broom and trunk, and jumped out the window. The Dursleys watched him fly off from the living room window below, and broke out a fresh cask of whiskey.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:23 AM
miserablestar is currently offline Click here to Send miserablestar a Private Message Find more posts by miserablestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miserablestar

Chapter 3

“Why is he giving this task to me?” Lucius Malfoy asked Bellatrix. “I was expecting him to show up with a Killing Curse at the ready.”
“We didn’t free you from Azkaban without a reason Malfoy,” sneered Bellatrix Lestrange. “You will do as you are told and maybe, just maybe, the Dark Lord will reconsider killing you and your pathetic family.”
“Don’t get too comfortable Lestrange,” said Malfoy with his eyes narrowed. “I hear you aren’t his favorite anymore.”
“Everyone underestimated Snape and I myself congratulate him. However, I wonder why he didn’t capture Potter. He may have said he didn’t have the chance, but he is the best Legilimens among us next to the Dark Lord and I for one wouldn’t put it past Snape to get away with lying to him. But this is not the time for such a discussion, you have been ordered to finish your task as quickly as possible.”
“Again. Why have I been assigned this task?” asked Malfoy with a growl.
“The reason shows itself here. Where you lack brains, you make up for it in gold. The Dark Lord doesn’t want the components stolen or it will attract attention. You will discretely buy them.”
“And how exactly am I to walk into Gringotts and withdraw gold when I have just been broken out of Azkaban?”
“We all know you must have more than half your account hidden around somewhere. You will use it.”
Bellatrix left Malfoy standing in the rain with a crack. Malfoy scowled at the Muggle town below him from upon the hill he and Bellatrix fled to after breaking out of Azkaban thirty minutes earlier. “Very well Lestrange,” Malfoy muttered to himself ruefully. “If it will save my family’s lives, very well, I shall do it.” He looked at the waterproof scroll Bellatrix had given him. “All of these are quite rare and expensive. Time to have a chat with that old fool Borgin.”

Harry, half froze to death flying above the thunderstorm that was moving his way. Harry almost decided to land, but he saw that the storm clouds weren’t wide so he flew higher to make sure he didn’t get hit by lightning. Harry’s adrenaline rush was losing ground to the freezing height, but gained strength when Harry saw a red flash of light coming towards him. Harry expertly dodged it as if it were another bludger and flew faster. Three figures arose from the thunderstorm on brooms, but one was hit by lightning. The remaining two paused for a moment, and then flew after Harry. Harry smiled at the cloaked forms knowing that he could easily out fly them, but then he realized that he was still wearing his invisibility cloak. Harry didn’t have much time to ponder how they could see him, because he had to dodge more multicolored curses flying his way.
“Protego!” Harry shouted, knowing he would have a hard time dodging the array of curses flying at him, then he shot up higher and yelled, “Impedimenta!” at the two Death Eaters. They dodged and were closing in on Harry.
“How are they getting closer?” asked Harry to himself while dodging an armada of spells. “Protego!” Harry yelled again, but one curse got through the shield and was absorbed by the bracelet. “Thanks Fred and George,” muttered Harry to himself. Harry was flying at top speed now, but when he looked back for the two Death Eaters, they were nowhere to be seen. Harry halted his broom and looked around searching for the black figures as if he was looking for a pair of dark snitches. Harry decided it was best not to dawdle and flew off once again in the direction of Godric’s Hollow.
An hour later, he reached Godric’s Hollow. Harry had a feeling that this had happened before. Only he remembered it was much louder. Harry shrugged off the feeling and landed. The streets were deserted due to the Ministry warnings telling people not to stay out after hours. Harry set off in search of his parent’s old house in the foggy streets.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:24 AM
miserablestar

Chapter 4

Harry had gotten the address from Mr. Weasley via owl. 2353 Rockknoll Drive was Harry’s destination. It was abnormally cold this night, and the new moon didn’t offer any light. All Harry had to go on was the dim light coming from the magical lamps and what feeble light his wand could come up with. There was something suppressing about this atmosphere. The village itself was like a maze. There was no pattern to the roads and Harry was reminded of his venture into the maze in the final challenge of the Triwizard Tournament. Harry moved quickly through the streets, unnerved by the haunting demeanor of the area. Finally, Harry came to a street sign marking the crossroads of Rolling Way and Rockknoll Drive. Harry checked the street numbers and began walking to the left. “2345, 2347,” whispered Harry to himself as he read the house numbers. Finally, Harry came to 2353. The local wizards seemed to have made a memorial out of the ruins. They had never cleaned up the wreckage so the wood was rotting from the many rains of sixteen years. There was a small plaque in front of the walkway to the once whole house.
“In memory of Lily and James Potter. Even when death was assured to them, they never stopped fighting He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named; and in that fateful night, a hero to the wizarding world emerged and defeated the Dark Lord. May Lily and James Potter rest in peace.”
There was a multitude of permaflowers surrounding the plaque. Harry started down the walkway towards the wreckage when he felt a sensation that he hadn’t felt for a little over two years. Harry whipped out his wand and readied himself for the dark figures gliding towards him from over the houses surrounding the area. Harry now knew why it was so cold and foggy on a normally warm summer night. Harry braced himself waiting for the dementors to start to feed on his happiness. But even though they were now circling Harry, staying about 5 meters away from him, they were not attacking him. Crack! There was the telltale sound of someone apparating. Harry spun around and saw the figure of Severus Snape before him.
“You!” yelled Harry while stepping back a couple feet.
“Potter,” said Snape in his quiet voice. “You really are a fool. You go wandering around places that you know the Dark Lord will search for you in and you expect to walk around with impunity?”
Harry felt the suppressed anger welling up inside him. All the hatred towards Snape would be let out here. Harry waved his wand and Snape’s wand flew away from him, landing outside the perimeter of dementors.
“Well well Potter,” Snape sneered at Harry. “It seems that for once, you listened to me. You have finally learned to perform nonverbal spells. However to defeat me or the Dark Lord you will need more.” Snape’s hand began to glow and the wand rushed back towards him. Snape caught it and Harry jumped back another couple feet. “You still have much to learn Potter, but if you keep being the loose cannon that you are, you will never have the chance.” Snape disapparated and the dementors converged upon Harry. Waves of fear began to take their toll on Harry, but he thought of his parents and yelled, “Expecto Patronum!” and the glowing white stag erupted from Harry’s wand and drove off the dementors, but not before they drained much of what little strength Harry had left and he collapsed upon the broken pavement.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:24 AM
miserablestar

Chapter 5

“Ah! Glad to see you’re awake Harry.”
Harry was stirring from his comatose state the previous night’s events had placed him in.
“Wha?” mumbled Harry as he sat up in the squashy bed someone had taken the courtesy to place him in.
“You’ve been asleep for almost fourteen hours! You must have had quite taxing day to have decided the pavement of your parent’s walkway was a good place to take a nap,” said the old man who was sitting in a rocking chair across the room.
Harry bolted upright in bed. “Who are you?” Harry demanded of the old man.
“Now, now, Harry. I mean you no harm. My name is Charles Becker. I saw the duel with the dementors and the Death Eater and you performed quite well. Not everyone would have come out of such an encounter with all their limbs still attached to their proper places. Or even their improper places, come to that. But I digress. Why are you out here when you should know Voldemort’s forces are so hot on your trail?”
Harry noted the old wizard’s use of Voldemort’s name. He wasn’t sure about the wizard’s true intentions. However, Harry could tell him part of the truth, without keying the wizard in on the existence of the horcruxes.
“I am on a journey of sorts. Looking for a way to defeat Voldemort.”
“Of course. I wouldn’t have expected such an endeavor of you yet. You haven’t even graduated from Hogwarts yet and you are trying to take on the most powerful wizard in existence! However, you are obviously hiding much from me and you are the most informed about Voldemort’s weaknesses of the two of us so I won’t judge you on that. I assume you came here looking for history rather than current events though, am I correct?”
Harry figured this wizard must have some skill in Legilimency to have gleaned so much information so fast. “Yes. Did you live here when my mum and dad died?”
“Of course. I was one of the few who were brave enough to the wreckage of your parent’s house and try, without much hope, to find survivors. In the midst of the wreckage, I found you laying there, crying, surrounded by fire and fallen wood. Your scar was shining red and Voldemort’s robes, wand, and a rather peculiar item was lying in front of you.”
Harry straightened in his bed. “What? What did you find? What was it?” Harry demanded of the old man.
“Er…hang on a second, I have it lying around here somewhere.”
Becker left Harry alone for a moment before returning with a spherical item wrapped in cloth. Becker handed it to Harry who opened it promptly. There was a red orb inside, not unlike the crystal balls Harry was used to using in Divination. Harry felt an imperfection on the ball’s surface. Godric Griffindor had etched his name upon the artifact.
“Well?” asked the old man.
“Thank you,” said Harry. “This helps more than you know.”
“I’m glad to have been able to help. Is there anything else you need to know?”
“Yes. How did Voldemort get his wand back?”
Charles frowned. “It was stolen from me. I don’t know how, but three years ago, the wand vanished from the cabinet I had placed it in.”
“Also,” Harry said. “Have you heard of a wizard using magic without a wand?”
“Of course Harry.” Charles seemed surprised by the question. “That is how the ministry detects muggle-born wizards. I’m sure you have used magic often enough before you got your wand.”
“I know about that, but I recently witnessed Snape using such powers to regain his wand after I disarmed him. He didn’t just use the magic randomly, but he was able to control it.”
“Hmm,” Charles seemed deep in thought. “I’m afraid I don’t know much about that particular ability. You will have to ask your Charms teacher when you go back to Hogwarts.”
“But I’m not going back to Hogwar-“ Harry began.
“WHAT?” the Becker stood up and exclaimed. “You plan to take on the most powerful wizard in existence, and perhaps the most knowledgeable one to boot, and you don’t plan to finish your education?”
Harry could only stare at Becker as he finished his tirade.
“Harry, if you must take on Voldemort so soon, please try to spend time at Hogwarts between your trips. There is still much for you to learn. You obviously don’t even know what your opposition is capable of.”
Harry knew Becker was right. Harry still had to study not only Voldemort’s powers and history, but also the history of Hogwarts itself. There was no better place to do that.
“I’ll think about it,” said Harry.
“Good. Now get dressed. If you stay much longer, I’ll have Death Eaters knocking down my front door. You have to keep moving.”

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:25 AM
miserablestar

Chapter 6

“I’m afraid I don’t deal in potion ingredients, as you should know Mr. Malfoy,” said Borgin in his oily voice.
“But you can get them,” said Malfoy. “You are the only one in this alley who isn’t foolish enough to call the ministry and tell them what I am doing.”
“Exactly how much gold is involved here? This list you gave me contains certain things I wouldn’t normally sell even privately.”
“Ten thousand galleons. I will need them within the month.”
Borgin gasped. “Ten thousand?” Borgin pondered this for a moment. “Very well then Mr. Malfoy. I will obtain them.”

Harry arrived at Grimmauld Place at about nine AM and surprised the current residents, which included Lupin, McGonagall, and Kingsley.
“How are you Harry?” asked Remus in his usual tired voice. His normally patched robes were more frayed than usual. It seemed that he hadn’t had time to repatch them.
“I’m not sure,” said Harry honestly.
Kingsley laughed and asked, “What have you been up to then?
Harry decided to tell them a bit of the truth and said that he had been visiting his parent’s graves and filled them in about Snape’s interference.
The trio of older wizard’s faces hardened.
“So Snape has decided to employ non-wand magic?” asked Minerva.
“If that is what it is called,” said Harry.
“You are lucky to be alive Harry,” said Lupin. “He just disapparated? He didn’t try to kill or capture you?”
“No. That is, if you don’t consider sending a dozen dementors after me harmful,” said Harry bitterly.
If it were possible, Harry thought their faces had hardened further. There was a look of shock and fear in their eyes.
“Harry,” McGonagall’s voice cracked when she spoke to him again after a moment of silence. “I got your letter stating that you won’t be returning to Hogwarts. I know I have no control over whether or not you attend, but for your own safely, and fut-“
Harry cut her off. “I may be attending part-time. I will need refuge anyways between trips. It may as well be a place where I can study.”
All three of the Order members looked considerably more relieved.
“Thank you for reconsidering Harry,” said McGonagall. “I must go back to Hogwarts to brief the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I’ll see you at Hogwarts when you get there Harry.”
“I’m afraid I must go as well,” sighed Kingsley. “Percy Weasley has been causing an uproar lately about scale quality or something. I’m sorry I can’t stay to chat longer.”
McGonagall and Kingsley strode out the front door.
“So I take it your vacation wasn’t exactly resting was it Harry?” asked Lupin with a small smile.
Harry chuckled for a couple of seconds. “No, I suppose it wasn’t. Exactly how did Snape use magic without a wand?”
Lupin sighed, “Well, it takes an extraordinary amount of control over your magic and your concentration. You can perform the same spells without a wand, however, it is harder because the wand is used to channel your magic and they relieve you of most of the effort. It is one of the reasons non-human creatures such as house elves aren’t allowed to possess wands. Many magical creatures have more magical ability than wizards, so one with a wand could cause much devastation if it chose to do so. Wizards who have mastered this ability tend to be among the most talented wizards because if the wizard can not control his magic, it may be unleashed, unchanneled, and may harm not only the wizard using the magic, but those around him may be endangered depending on how much is released. Dumbledore originally wanted to teach you this magic himself, unfortunately, Snape robbed you of your education there. However, a couple teachers at Hogwarts have some ability in this area and may be able to teach you.”
“Can you perform non-wand magic?” asked Harry.
“Not in a battle scene, no, however,” Lupin closed his eyes and began to glow with a purple aura. Objects in the room began to float and were swimming lazily through the air. Harry noticed that beads of sweat were beginning to form on Lupin’s face and his visage was showing the strain. Suddenly, Lupin gasped, and all the furniture fell with a crash. Lupin fell as well.
“Lupin!” exclaimed Harry as he bent down and shook him.
Lupin stirred and sat up, breathing heavily.
“Are you alright?” asked Harry, concerned.
“Yes, I’ll be fine in a minute. Help me up. There’s a good lad, now let’s clean up.”

Harry was left alone in the house since Lupin had to go check into something for the Order. He was able to fend for himself; the Order kept the kitchen well stocked and years of servitude with the Dursleys had taught him how to cook a good meal. After he ate, Harry began to explore the house. The house was completely clean now, however, the rooms that weren’t frequently used were gathering dust. A mouse occasionally skittered across the floor. Harry came to the room that he had to clean along with Sirius and the Weasleys two years ago. This was another room that was disused and was beginning to fill with dust. It had been a trophy room of sorts, containing a couple of chairs and a small round coffee table, along with the large trophy case on the opposite wall. Harry remembered how unhappy Sirius was being cooped up in the house he had hated so much. Though he had put on some semblance of enjoyment whenever Harry was around. Harry walked over to the trophy case and stared at the silver and gold trophies that were still attached by a permanent sticking charm. Harry remembered with amusement about how the snuff box had bitten Sirius and he had just stared at the box as if it were stupid. He remembered the tweezers that had tried to attack Harry’s arm, the locket that none of them could open, the…wait. No, Harry thought to himself, there is no way. But if it was, Harry growled in dismay. They had thrown away all the objects found while they were cleaning, but then, “Kreacher!” Harry yelled into the air.
There was a loud crack.
“What is it Master?” said Kreacher, his voice dripping with contempt, all the whil mumbling something about a half blood disgracing the house.
Harry ignored the incoherent ramblings of the house elf. “Did you take a necklace, a locket from the rubbish bag when we were cleaning the house?”
Kreacher glowered at Harry, but reluctantly mumbled, “Yes.” Then under his breath, “Master must not take Regulus’s locket, he must not.”
“Give it to me,” said Harry.
Kreacher gave Harry a look that would have curdled milk and disappeared with a crack again. He returned a moment later clutching a dirty locket embossed with Slytherin’s seal. Harry took the locket and told Kreacher to go back to Hogwarts and not to leave there unless Harry told him to.
Harry walked back to the common room and began to examine the necklace. It was definitely the necklace he saw in Dumbledore’s pensieve. He put it on the floor and began to experiment with it by hitting it with several weaker charms that wouldn’t harm Harry if the locket had any magic laid upon it that made spell rebound upon the caster. All Harry achieved was scorching the carpet. Harry tried unlocking charms and other, more powerful destructive curses. After having to put out two fires and repairing a rusted over couch that got hit by a rebounded curse, Harry decided that the locket was indestructible by conventional attacks. There was only one thing left to try. Harry lifted the necklace and put it around his neck. Instantly, Harry collapsed.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:25 AM
miserablestar

Chapter 7

“Go!” yelled the Ministry apparition tester.
Hermione turned and popped up again just outside St. Mungo’s where another ministry official was waiting. Several more cracks revealed about two thirds of the other test takers along with a leg and an arm. The ministry official rolled his eyes and passed out apparition certification papers, collected the arm and leg and disapparated to find the rest of the wizard that got splinched. Normally, Hermione would have been excited beyond speaking because she passed the test, but these days, having to worry about Voldemort terrorizing the wizarding and muggle communities alike subdued her normally excitable temperament. She still received the Daily Prophet in the mail and always looked up the recent death list. It only listed wizard names because the number of deceased muggles was far too extensive. They just couldn’t keep up. Hermione disapparated again and went home.
Hermione scared her parents when she appeared out of thin air in the kitchen.
“What the?” exclaimed Mr. Granger
Mrs. Granger seemed to nearly have a heart attack.
“Sorry,” said Hermione. “I forgot that you aren’t used to people popping up like that.”
Hermione noticed that a couple sandwiches were made so she grabbed one and sat down at the table.
“Well, since you just popped into my kitchen without having to trail soot through my living room, I take it you passed your test?” asked Mr. Granger with a small smile.
“Yes,” said Hermione who began to fervently attack her sandwich. She just wanted to go to her room and worry alone.
“Hermione,” her mother had just sat down next to her. “You have been very quiet lately. Usually, you go on about what you learned at school or about Ron and Harry. What’s wrong?”
Hermione laughed a bit and said, “What’s wrong? Everything. The wizarding world is at war and I don’t feel like I can do a thing about it and all the while, my best friend is running around doing who knows what to weaken Voldemort, while I’m worried that he might get hurt or killed in the process.” Hermione was near tears now. “This is supposed to be my last year at Hogwarts and now I won’t get to attend because I have to try to help Harry.” Hermione laid her head down on her arms.
An owl flew in through an open window and dropped a letter on Hermione’s head. Hermione looked up through teary eyes to find a blurry form of Pigwidgeon hopping on the table in front of her. Hermione picked up the envelope off the floor (it had fallen when she looked up) and opened it.
“Hermione, come to headquarters immediately.”
Hermione grimaced at the letter and stood up. “I have to go.”
“But-“ Mr. Granger began before Hermione disapparated.

Harry was falling through the darkness he found himself in ever since he put on the locket. He had tried to use lumos to provide light, but though his wand lit up, it did not dispel the darkness surrounding him. Then, he felt himself slowing down, or at least, the wind was; he couldn’t measure his speed without any landmarks. Soon, he felt ground beneath his feet. Still, his light had no effect upon the all-consuming darkness. He even tried putting his wand near the ground, but even the ground was as black as the void above him. Suddenly, Harry could hear a cold, high-pitched laughter around him. A laugh he knew all too well. Then he heard shouts from another source, a female.
“No! Don’t kill him. Kill me instead! Please!”
“Stand aside girl!” said the cruel voice Harry recognized as Voldemort’s.
Then, the void was replaced by two green flashes of light. Then, darkness once more, and Harry began moving once more, or at least, it felt like he was.

Hermione knocked on the front door of Grimmauld Place. The door opened to reveal Mrs. Weasley looking distraught.
“Oh! Hermione, you’re here, hurry, Harry is in the master bedroom.”
“Harry?” asked Hermione suddenly horrified. “What happened to Harry? Is he all right?”
“We don’t know,” said Mrs. Weasley as they hurried to the bedroom. They walked in to find that several members of the Order were surrounding Harry’s bed including Mr. Weasley and Ron, Lupin, and Mad-eye Moody. Harry laid on the bed, writhing, as if trying to escape a horrible nightmare come to life. Around Harry’s neck was a glowing silver locket. Hermione gasped as she recognized what it must be. Moody was firing spells at the locket periodically, but they had no effect. Finally, he gave up.
“It seems that what ever is happening here, Harry has to defeat it himself,” sighed Moody.
“But, what if he can’t?” asked Ron.
“There is no way to tell. Hopefully, it isn’t lethal,” said Mr. Weasley.
Ron noticed Hermione standing in shock at the doorway.
“Hello Hermione,” he said quietly.
The rest of the Order looked over to her, acknowledged her presence and returned their attention to Harry.
“Well, we may as well set up watches. There is nothing we can do other than try to make sure it doesn’t get worse,” said Moody.
“Ron and I will do it,” said Hermione, looking at Ron in such a way that he knew that if he refused, he would be hexed into next Tuesday.
“Er, yeah. Hermione and me will take the first watch,” Ron said.
“Very well then,” said Mr. Weasley. “Yell if Harry does anything out of the ordinary.”
“Ok,” said Ron.
Mr. and Mrs. Weasley walked out followed by Moody. Ron and Hermione were left alone with Harry’s tossing body.
“How did this happen?” Hermione asked Ron.
“Mum says she found Harry in the common room floor wearing the locket. Hermione, you don’t think it’s-“
“Yes,” Hermione cut him off. “I do. It’s a horcrux.”
“How do you reckon Harry got it?” asked Ron.
“I don’t know. We will have to hope that Harry can beat it.”

Harry was being chased around the schoolyard. Dudley’s gang was hot on Harry’s trail. Germane, the fastest of the gang managed to tackle Harry, pinning him to the ground. Dudley waddled up, panting, but laughing all the same and rubbed his hands together.
“This is gonna be fun,” said Dudley with a menacing look of glee in his face.
“No, let me go!” yelled Harry, but now two of Dudley’s gang were holding Harry’s arms. “Ouch! Stop it!”
“Why?” asked Dudley as he punched Harry repeatedly. One more punch to the face and Harry blacked out.

“Get up, get up, boy!” Aunt Petunia screeched from outside the tiny door. “I need you to cook breakfast. Hurry up. Marge will be here any minute now.”
Harry emerged from the cupboard and Aunt Petunia let out another screech. Uncle Vernon came running down at the clamor.
“What’s wrong Petunia?” asked Vernon.
Petunia pointed at Harry. “His hair!”
“His what?”
“His hair, his hair! We cut it yesterday!”
“Say, you’re right. Boy! How did you grow your hair back?” screamed Uncle Vernon.
“I don’t know,” said Harry, desperately knowing he couldn’t avoid what was coming..
“GET BACK IN THE CUPBOARD BOY!” Uncle Vernon roared.
Darkness overtook Harry once again.

Harry woke again to find himself in a small room, sitting in front of an unadorned desk. Behind the desk was Lord Voldemort. Harry tried to rise but was unable, it was as if a permanent sticking charm had glued him to the chair.
“My, my, what an unhappy life you have had Potter,” said Voldemort softly. “Tell me, why do you keep going on like this? You know the odds are against you. You know that you can not defeat me.”
“What is this place?” Harry yelled angrily. Harry tried once more to escape his seemingly nonexistent bonds.
“Tut, tut, Potter. You cannot escape. You are in my realm now. I created this world to show those foolish enough to come here that death is inevitable for them. Now, no more questions from you. I will ask the questions here. Again, why do you go on? Why must you persist in trying to thwart me when I am so much more powerful?”
“Because I’m the only one who can stop you! And I will kill you.”
“Foolish boy, you can’t do any such thing. Let us have a look at a few more of your memories. Perhaps then you will see that your defeat is inevitable.”

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:26 AM
miserablestar

Chapter 8

The explosion seemed to send all of London into a panic. The Prime Minister looked down from his lofty office. People were running to the east away from- What is that, the Minister wondered. He focused on the figures in the distance.
“Damn,” the Minister exclaimed. “Is that…giants?”
The giants were walking the streets of downtown London, destroying cars, knocking down lampposts, and killing the people unfortunate enough to be in their way. A couple brave police officers began to fire upon the creatures only to find that bullets were only annoying them. The officers were dispatched quickly by their foes. An unlucky reporter found himself ripped in half by a particularly violent giant. The Minister stood in shock and watched on as civilians lost their lives. Then a couple of loud cracks filled the air and several people in black robes, complete with hoods appeared out of thin air. They began shooting green light out of sticks that the Minister recognized as wands. The giants fell, one by one. The robed figures walked up to each of the giants and disappeared with them as they dispatched them. As the last of the robed figures left, another group of people appeared in the same spot. They were wearing black robes but did not wear hoods. The Minister thought they looked disoriented but perhaps that was because they were so far away. They looked around a bit and disappeared as quickly as they had come.

Dementors surrounded Harry. He relived each of the five times he encountered the real thing. Darkness overtook Harry once more.
“You remember the despair you felt when you fought these creatures. Common belief is that they drain the happiness from your body. However, I have discovered that this is untrue. They merely break down the barriers in your mind that hold back the fear you carry with you after a traumatic event. Humans are so susceptible to fear. Their minds create barriers to keep the memories at bay. You yourself are especially vulnerable to their power because your hold on your emotions runs thin. I wonder, do you know what happens to those who lose their ability to control their memories behind such defenses? They go insane. St. Mungo’s for life. Their minds are able to erect the barriers occasionally, long enough to nourish themselves with the food the doctors bring.
“Many believe that the Dementor’s Kiss relieves one from their very soul. This too is mere legend. The Kiss permanently removes the persons ability to hold back the fear they carry within them. After the Kiss is performed, the victim is paralyzed by their fear, unable to even move or speak. Eventually, he dies, for he is unable to eat or drink, consumed by fear until his last breath.”
“How can you ally yourself with such creatures? They are abominations that must be destroyed,” said Harry to the disembodied voice. “I wonder this myself, can you perform the patronus charm? Do you have a single memory where you are happy enough to use it?”
“I am not the one who will answer questions Potter. So many around you are dying aren’t they. How can you live with yourself knowing that is your fault they are dead Potter?”
“What?” asked Harry.
“You mean you have kept yourself from realizing that awful truth? Allow me to enlighten you Potter. Dumbledore died because you weren’t strong enough to save him.” Harry saw Dumbledore’s body lying before him. It looked just as it had after he had fallen from the astronomy tower. Then, Dumbledore’s eyes snapped open. Harry would have jumped back if there had been anything in the darkness to push his feet off of.
“Harry,” said Dumbledore softly. “How could you let Snape kill me?”
“N-no. This is an illusion. T-that’s not Dumbledore.”
Sirius appeared next to Dumbledore.
“Harry,” said the apparition. “Why did you go to the ministry? Why did I have to die because of your mistake?”
“No. This can’t be real. That’s not Sirius or Dumbledore. Stop this Voldemort.”
Then, Harry’s parents appeared.
“Harry,” said Harry’s mom and dad together. “Because you were born, we died. People are dying everywhere and it is because of you. The longer you live, the more people suffer.”
Harry flinched as if he had been slapped across the face.
“No. People are dying because of Voldemort. How can I be blamed for his actions?”
Harry’s dad spoke up. “Harry, it is true that there will be more deaths after you are dead, but there will be fewer if you give yourself up now.” He raised his wand. “Let us help the world by relieving it of yourself.”
Suddenly, Harry could feel solidity under his feet, even though he still couldn’t see it.
Harry stepped backwards. “No! You can’t do this!” Harry whipped out his wand to prepare for any attacks. The other three wizards pulled their wands out as well. Harry knew he was going to have to fight those he had loved so much. Tears welled in his eyes.
Dumbledore attacked first. “Crucio!”
Harry merely held up the hand with the bracelet knowing it was built to block the curse. However, the curse hit him anyways. Harry fell, screaming with agony, the moment of wonder at the bracelet not working was wiped away by the searing pain of the curse. Then it stopped suddenly.
Sirius spoke this time. “The rules are different here Harry. Only wands will work. Crucio!”
Harry rolled out of the way. The curse had come before he could stand. Harry quickly got up and began firing stunning spells at the group. The group easily blocked them.
Harry’s mother laughed. “You will have to use stronger spells than that Harry.” Her voice was musical, thought here was a hint of a malicious tone in it that Harry used to help recognize that she wasn’t actually his mother. “Conjuctivitus!”
“Protego!” Harry yelled and the curse bounced back at Lily. She screamed with agony as the spell caused her eyes to crust over.
Dumbledore began firing a wide array of curses at Harry that pushed him to the limit of his skills to block and dodge. Harry waved his wand at Dumbledore, mentally using the Sectumsempra curse and Dumbledore fell, bleeding, his upper torso and face slashed as if by a sword. Sirius nearly caught Harry off guard with an Expelliarmus charm but Harry blocked the attack barely in time. Harry countered with several different disabling spells but Sirius shrugged them off using a shield charm. Harry changed his tactics and apparated behind Sirius and hit him with a stunning spell before Sirius could turn around. However, just as Harry neutralized Sirius, his father had hit him with a jelly-legs hex. Then he disarmed him. Harry’s wand flew away into the darkness. James stood over Harry. “Your dueling ability is excellent Harry, but you cannot hope to take on four skilled wizards at the same time and win. I’m sorry Harry but your time in this world has expired. I promise I will make your death quick. Avada Ked-“
“Avada Kedavra!” Harry yelled and a brilliant green flash of light illuminated the darkness and James fell on top of Harry, dead.
Back in the master bedroom of Phoenix Headquarters, Harry’s eyes snapped open, and closed just as quickly. Harry was unconscious. The locket disintegrated leaving a small photo of Merope Gaunt in the place the necklace once laid.

Hermione awoke to find herself still in Harry’s room. Across the room was a blurred image of a sleeping Ron. She blinked out the haziness and went to check on Harry. He seemed to be sleeping soundly. Upon his chest was the picture of Merope.
“Ron!” Hermione yelled across the room.
Ron awoke with a start.
“Wha? Forge did it!”
“Ron! Harry beat the horcrux!”
“Harry beat…wha?” realization dawned on Ron and he jumped up to peer at Harry’s chest.
Hermione moved to pick up the picture and at the slightest touch, Harry bolted awake.
“Voldemort!” Harry screamed. Hundreds of miles away, in the dilapidated castle where he currently set up camp, Voldemort seethed with rage. He had been having trouble keeping the Legilimency block raised the last couple days and now, he saw clearly what had just happened through an involuntary glimpse into Harry’s mind. Voldemort knew now that Harry discovered the secret to his immortality.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:26 AM
miserablestar

now, whats up with the post word limit? 10000 words isnt enough big grin

i posted this on another site but ive gotten writers block and im not getting anymore feedback from harrypotterportal anymore so please criticize to the best of your ability laughing out loud

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:28 AM
farrah_k21
~FaRrAh RoX yUr SoX~

REALLY GOOD...so far, nothing really, else..its really good

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:49 PM
farrah_k21 is currently offline Click here to Send farrah_k21 a Private Message Find more posts by farrah_k21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote