KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Ghostbusters 3

Ghostbusters 3
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ghostbusters 3

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/708/708806p1.html

Ramis on Ghostbusters 3
Who could be the new star?
by Stax

May 16, 2006 - In a report attributed to InFocus Magazine, and picked up by various outlets including Hollywood.com, actor-filmmaker Harold Ramis offered up some details on the long-in-development sequel, Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent. He even suggested who might take over as the star of the franchise since Bill Murray refuses to.

Ramis reportedly wants franchise vets Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis to reprise their respective roles in the sequel, which the report claims will be called Ghostbusters in Hell, but he has his eye on A-lister Ben Stiller to star as a new Ghostbuster.

The script, written by Aykroyd, is said to feature a hell that looks alot like New York City. The Ghostbusters are able to be transported into hell via a portal in a New York warehouse.

"What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell, a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits," Ramis revealed. "But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter. It's the darkness between the 24 frames.

Ramis continued, "So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell. Everything's grid-locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."

Old Post May 17th, 2006 01:16 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Ben Stiller?blink Hell no....dont ruin the franchise...

Side note: I saw the boxset/collectors tin for 1 and 2 for $20raver

Old Post May 19th, 2006 02:20 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I got the box set for $15. raver

Ghostbusters 3 would ruin it. Granted Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson still look fit for their roles (I assume Moranis does, he looked exactly the same from Ghostbusters to Honey We Shrunk Ourselves). But Bill Murray (who said in the article doesn't want to return) looks too old now, Dan Aykroyd has gained weight since Ghostbusters, and Harold Ramis both aged and gained weight to the point you'd barely recognize him.

By Ghostbusters 4, their nuclear packs are going to have to be equipped with walkers.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 05:09 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Seems like there's one smart cookie here and his name is Bill Murray. Murray has been doing well for himself in the indie department so there's no need to for him. Why can't Hollywood just let things die? Without Murray you have no Ghostbusters, just like without Moe you have no three stooges.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 10:53 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think ghostbusters 2 sucked. the plot was a duplicate of the first, was devoid of anything unexpected/hysterical (the first time you saw the stay puft marshmallow man you KNOW you were cracking up). not only that but the characters had nothing new to offer. same plot, same jokes, same type of villain...yet boring.

at least with this, if they play their cards right, they can play on their old age and give the characters new life. if its just a bunch of old men rehashing the exact same characters its going to suck, as well as if they do the same "ancient cult god is reborn and seeks to destroy the world" plot, that would suck too.

what really drove the first one was pure comedic talent. they had the script, they had most of the jokes written, but what really made the film funny was in the delivery. murray still has the exceptional gift of delivery, and is really the pivotal comedian of the film imho. without him there is no point in doing gb3.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 12:44 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i only remeber the first one briefly so if it does get realised or what have you ill get watching the movies before hand

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:21 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
i think ghostbusters 2 sucked. the plot was a duplicate of the first, was devoid of anything unexpected/hysterical (the first time you saw the stay puft marshmallow man you KNOW you were cracking up). not only that but the characters had nothing new to offer. same plot, same jokes, same type of villain...yet boring.

at least with this, if they play their cards right, they can play on their old age and give the characters new life. if its just a bunch of old men rehashing the exact same characters its going to suck, as well as if they do the same "ancient cult god is reborn and seeks to destroy the world" plot, that would suck too.

what really drove the first one was pure comedic talent. they had the script, they had most of the jokes written, but what really made the film funny was in the delivery. murray still has the exceptional gift of delivery, and is really the pivotal comedian of the film imho. without him there is no point in doing gb3.

I pretty much agree with everything you say PVS.The second one was so horrible WHY make another one?

Old Post May 26th, 2006 06:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enyafreak

GHOSTBUSTERS 3

THE NEW LOGO
(please log in to view the image)

GHOSTBUSTERS 3

New york is once again in grave danger as a 'plague' of spirits invades manhattan island when Hel is declared full.

Its upto Peter Venkman and Egon Spengler to train a new generation of Ghostbusters to concure the most dire threat to humanity the world has ever seen.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 01:46 AM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

they want Ben Stiller? if they want him they might as well get the whole crew: Vince Vaugn, Owen Wilson, and them.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 05:32 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

....Or they can accept the series is done and move on.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 08:33 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

I agree, plus they've left too long to make another one and it won't be as good as the previous ones.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:41 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Hollywood running out of ideas again.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:19 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SIC_666
You Made Me....

Any body remember the TV cartoon Extreme ghostbusters, they should make a film of that eek!

"My god..The House of Ribs..Gone"

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:28 PM
SIC_666 is currently offline Click here to Send SIC_666 a Private Message Find more posts by SIC_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green Arrow

They should have The Ghostbusters encounter The Cthulhu! They did in one of the episodes of the cartoon..

And have atleast one of the characters go mad.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 02:40 AM
Green Arrow is currently offline Click here to Send Green Arrow a Private Message Find more posts by Green Arrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vrempire

Yeah, I hope they will get the fresh new crew such as Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller and the gang.
Plus the guy from the Rush Hour(what is the name? the partner of Jackie Chan).

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 03:23 AM
vrempire is currently offline Click here to Send vrempire a Private Message Find more posts by vrempire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

DONG! (for merge)

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 11:31 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by vrempire
Yeah, I hope they will get the fresh new crew such as Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller and the gang.
Plus the guy from the Rush Hour(what is the name? the partner of Jackie Chan).

wow, Ben stiller and Chris tucker together in a ghostbusters movie...Dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!! sick

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 05:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

Ok i am a huge fan of the first 2 but don't screw with them bye making a 3rd. i mean why mess with a classic

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:53 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
wow, Ben stiller and Chris tucker together in a ghostbusters movie...Dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!! sick

I concur

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 04:43 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by PVS
i think ghostbusters 2 sucked. the plot was a duplicate of the first, was devoid of anything unexpected/hysterical

I disagree about the second one being crap but yes the plot was the same as the first but they still did a good job of it, Unlike men in black where they did the same thing but with the second one was'nt that good.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote