KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies

Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katie_girl09
I posted that before X3, not after. I was referring to the first two.
oh my mistake.

Yeah, she wasn't used to her full potential in the first 2, especially the 2nd one.

Yeah she formed tornados, but she was sitting in a seat while doing it.

It was great to see her being the eye of the tornado this time around and actuallty doing something and being involved this go around.

That's my favorite scene out of the whole movie and to know that she ws really doing the spinning. 90 Miles per hour spinning I might add. Really adds a since of Awww while watching that scene. She got sick afterwords but it was worth it.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:46 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J!gsaw
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cyclops was wasted by far and that sucks because he's the leader of the X-Men.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:10 AM
J!gsaw is currently offline Click here to Send J!gsaw a Private Message Find more posts by J!gsaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
persian85033

Cyclops is just plain STUPID. I'm glad they didn't waste time on him. They should've put Pyro a little more in there, but I guess he's not really one of the X Men, so, he's out. But definitely Iceman. He should've gotten much more screentime. And, of course, Wolverine.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:19 AM
persian85033 is currently offline Click here to Send persian85033 a Private Message Find more posts by persian85033 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phoenix100

Cyclops. In the comics, he's the one all the babes go for. Not Wolverine. He's virtually Xavier's son, the first X man (Wolverine did not even join the comics until 1974 and did very little until the 90s when he fell in love with Jean, and even then he was more of a stalker that Cyclops nor Jean took seriously.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:25 AM
phoenix100 is currently offline Click here to Send phoenix100 a Private Message Find more posts by phoenix100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

For those wondering how Brett Ratner chose his characters and how he managed their powers here's a piece of an interview with him:

"SHH!: How did you pick the mutants though, particularly the new characters with new powers?
Ratner: I just went through the comics and the materials and thought, "This is cool." They're what I thought was cool, and I just wanted to go in and put some color into it. It's a multi-racial comic, and Halle Berry was the only person of color in the last few movies, so I wanted to bring some flavor, as they say. They were inspired by the comics. For instance, Spike started as Kid Omega, but there was another character. I found one character that I liked and then I took the powers. For instance, Callisto has the power of another character who moves fast and has the telepathy thing. The girl from the wall looks like Psylocke but she has the power of one of the other characters. So I mixed and matched powers to service the story. Instead of having ten more actors in the movie, I just said, "You're going to have these three powers."

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:36 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

1.Cyclops.

I mean in the first he hardly does crap, in the second he doesn't play a big part till the end, and in the third he "dies" without any explanation whatsoever What the f**k?

2.Colossus

In 2 movies the guy had 2 lines total. Literally thats all. His name is only said once and he gets little to no screen time. mad

3.Kitty Pride

Seriously she was in all 3 movies yet she wasn't even introduced until X3.What the f**k?

That and she is simply used to create a love triangle between herself, Iceman and Rouge. sad

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:04 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Originally posted by InnerRise
For those wondering how Brett Ratner chose his characters and how he managed their powers here's a piece of an interview with him:

"SHH!: How did you pick the mutants though, particularly the new characters with new powers?
Ratner: I just went through the comics and the materials and thought, "This is cool." They're what I thought was cool, and I just wanted to go in and put some color into it. It's a multi-racial comic, and Halle Berry was the only person of color in the last few movies, so I wanted to bring some flavor, as they say. They were inspired by the comics. For instance, Spike started as Kid Omega, but there was another character. I found one character that I liked and then I took the powers. For instance, Callisto has the power of another character who moves fast and has the telepathy thing. The girl from the wall looks like Psylocke but she has the power of one of the other characters. So I mixed and matched powers to service the story. Instead of having ten more actors in the movie, I just said, "You're going to have these three powers."

that is just stupid, Ratner is an idiot, he cant put a mutant in there and switch their powers, he should be shot and hung for that

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:04 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by InnerRise

Yeah why was Pyslocke camoflauged to that wallWhat the f**k?

Oh and if you read the credits apparently Jubilee was in the movie somewhere. stick out tongue

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:06 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Originally posted by Grimm22
Yeah why was Pyslocke camoflauged to that wallWhat the f**k?

Oh and if you read the credits apparently Jubilee was in the movie somewhere. stick out tongue

i actually though the 'comaflauge' was a really crap SFX of her shadow teleporting...

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:09 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

I guess, you totally missed what Cyclops is for.

He is more than just a character. Each character symbolizes something. An example.

While Storm symbolizes CONVICTION, Cyclops' essence is DECISION.

You call it waste?

And hey, Rogue is a waste? Rogue is a symbol of BEAUTY. And it is not about physical beauty - the reason why people cannot touch her - because it's within.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 10:20 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by masterkit
X1-Cyclops,Sabretooth,Jean

X2-Cyclops,partially Jean,Storm(she looked bored out of her mind),Rogue, Iceman, I kno Pyro did that big fire seen but he still could have done more.

yup.. that...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:20 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Colossus was wasted in both X2 and X3, and was hoping to see a fight between him in Juggernaut in X3, who was also wasted in x3. I mean come on He hits a wall, and he's done for the movie. This is why Singer should not have left, becuase control then shifted to FOx, who the moment they assigned it to Ratner, it was obvious to me the movie would be nowhere near as good as the last two. I mean the onnly new actors that werenttin the first two that were really good were Grammaer as Beast and Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut, who were not even cast by ratner.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post May 28th, 2006 03:33 PM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Variant
Alternate King

**** cyclops, they barely used angel

Old Post May 28th, 2006 03:57 PM
Dr.Variant is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Variant a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Variant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

While im not a Cyclops fan they shouldve treated his character wit more respect. He is the leade of the X-men, One if not the first of the X-men.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 04:03 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i've gotta say Colussus. there's so much more you could've done with him....

Old Post May 28th, 2006 04:26 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atwork

cyclops isnt a wasted character...he wasnt i it alot bc hes a *****...plain and simple...i think gambit shoudl and will be in the next one but the reason that he wasnt in the firs t3 is bc his character is too much like wolverines character..the outcast with an attitude...

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:37 PM
atwork is currently offline Click here to Send atwork a Private Message Find more posts by atwork Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
persian85033

Originally posted by Grimm22
2.Colossus

In 2 movies the guy had 2 lines total. Literally thats all. His name is only said once and he gets little to no screen time. mad

3.Kitty Pride

Seriously she was in all 3 movies yet she wasn't even introduced until X3.What the f**k?

Only 2 lines? Aw, does he at least have a good accent? I'd like to hear him talk with a Russian accent.

Yeah, that's true, people were probably all, who's that girl who goes through walls or something.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 01:35 AM
persian85033 is currently offline Click here to Send persian85033 a Private Message Find more posts by persian85033 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

They call her Kitty. So that's Shadowcat.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 01:59 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Colossus, waste of an awesome character with an awesome potential for some great scenes.

Storm was a waste in that they should have someone other than halle berry play her. Ahe was wooden and terrible in all three movies.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:14 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Angel is quite a wasted character as he doesn't do much of anything in the movie. Save his pop? Ha! I say let him fall

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:54 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote