KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I never admitted that.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

"never"?

I know for a fact you did a year or two ago. But I was thinking of a more recent time in a debate with Master Han and myself. Something like: Vitiate was better than ROTS!Sidious but DE!Sidious was better still.

I'll have to find the quote.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:28 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I believe I said he was better only in that he possessed the Force Storm, which is obviously hugely destructive.* In an actual fight between them I stuck to my guns that Vitiate could beat him.

Also that time a year or two ago I meant that he was still considered the most powerful.

*And even then Nihilus is superior.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Nah, you weren't on the Vitiate lovewagon yet and said Sidious was more powerful.

And I don't think that's quite what you said to Han and I. I remember you saying Sidious was more powerful.

I'll find the quote sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:39 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Don't bother, it doesn't matter. I've never thought the whole 'Most Powerful evar!' thing meant a smear of shit on my boots.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:43 AM
The_Tempest

Nah, it matters a lot.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:44 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its a pointless pissing contest. Even if Sidious is the most powerful, theres no indication that its to any notable degree above the other candidates or that it would factor in at all in a fight between them.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:54 AM
The_Tempest

That isn't being contested.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:55 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Then why is it such a big deal besides pathetic showboating?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:07 AM
The_Tempest

Because Zamp asked me a question: have the recent developments about TOR influenced my placement of Sidious. The answer is "no, Sidious has an advantage in feats and accolades and even some of his most ardent supporters begrudgingly confer superiority to Sidious."

And try to contain your butthurt plz? Kthx.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:10 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Except you just admitted that it doesn't matter with regard to that.

No butthurt, but you have to admit that the amount of argument over that title is rather lame if its just an empty title.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:13 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Calm down Neph.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

No, I said that I'm not contesting that Sidious's greater power is significantly higher than all his challengers and that it may not be enough to grant him a win.

But that has nothing to do with TOR and therefore nothing to do with Zamp's question.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:16 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean 'isn't significantly higher'? Anyway, that still indicates that you don't think it plays a role in Sidious' actual placement to me.

But everything to do with my 'butthurt'. That is why I called it pathetic.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:22 AM
The_Tempest

Yep, typo.

No, I meant that the extent of Sidious's greater power relative to his challengers and whether or not it counts as an auto-win has nothing to do with TOR and Zamp's question.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:26 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought his question was on how the characters stacked up in a fight.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:30 AM
The_Tempest

He said "ranking" and since we've rarely, if ever, historically ranked characters based on who'd beat who in a fight as opposed to our repeated and exhaustive efforts to compare characters with respect to general power, I assumed he was referring to that.

dunno

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:33 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah, Versus Forum. The guy who's the best fighter is the top guy (or gal??????).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:34 AM
The_Tempest

Except we never really "rank" characters on fighting ability but constantly "rank" characters on general power.

Context dictates mine is the more reasonable interpretation. If Zamp disagrees, he is free to clarify his question.

Still wouldn't make as much sense, since I've never claimed anyone to be the top Jedi/Sith/general fighter (nor has anyone else to my knowledge), I'm not sure why he'd ask about Sidious in that respect or why TOR, especially Vitiate, would factor in at all.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 01:40 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

(please log in to view the image)

ALL HAIL! SHE IS LIKE MOTHER MARY COME AGAIN!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote