KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 1985 1986 [1987] 1988 1989 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Finished Spec Ops.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The plot twist at the end was predictable- between the themes presented by the game and how much the narrative built up Walker's meeting with the Colonel, there's no way it could have ever been something as generic as killing him, or him killing himself in front you. My initial guess was that Konrad was already dead. Ten points for Gryffindor.

Shot Ghost!Konrad the second the game allowed me to, dropped my weapon when the soldiers came to take me home.

Pretty decent game. It's definitely unique for its storyline, and it was told pretty well. Excellent characterization as well. It's too bad I've reveled in man-games like Gears of War for so long that absolutely nothing in this game phased me. Ah well. Still a good game. I might go back to some of the prior chapters and re-do decisions to see how it effects the narrative.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 09:29 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 09:23 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
It is when you want to send an army. I don't care if you don't consider sending a few thousand troops as sending an army, that's exactly what it is.

It's a contingent of troops. Jesus, do you only make contextual or semantic differences when it suits you?

quote:
I'm sorry, do innocent people not matter when their family members commit crimes, mass scale or not? How incredibly ignorant of me to think about them as well Christians in the Middle East.

No, because when group A is being exterminated by group B, nobody is going to think how this makes group B and its family think. That's called a psychopath.

quote:
Genocide is wrong, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But forcing a situation onto another country and causing more ill will for America is also wrong.

We'll agree to disagree.

quote:
Their own countries need to fight them. I agree with the point of helping the Middle East learn to defend itself, but the idea that we and only we can solve this problem is stupid. Especially when our help, as in direct military action, is not wanted or needed.

Except they're asking for our help. Except if we do it your way and they don't win, the cancer spreads and keeps spreading. I get the feeling that if something doesn't affect you, it's not important.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 12:13 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Who is your favorite character and why is it Kenny?

Late, but while Kenny is indeed my bro, he's also a hotheaded douche some times. Clem and Lee for ever.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
Late, but while Kenny is indeed my bro, he's also a hotheaded douche some times. Clem and Lee for ever.
Where you at in the game?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:43 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Someone just learned why you don't lick a salt block. Pretty sure he won't be doing that again.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kenny does what he has to.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:56 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok, well now I feel like a ****ing *******. Thanks game.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 06:36 PM
NemeBro

What happened?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 08:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Basically Clementine watching me do effed up shit and making me feel like crap afterwards. Also I feel really bad for Lilly.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I have to say, it was ****ing brutal when I told that guy his family was dead and then just walked away and left him to get eaten by them while he screams for me to (I assume) mercy kill him. But by that point I really didn't want Clem to have to watch me beat some guy to death in the mud.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 08:32 PM
NemeBro

Charlie Sheen got what he deserved. Clem will realize that one day.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 08:55 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 12:29 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Nephthys
Also I feel really bad for Lilly.

I take this back.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 06:20 PM
NemeBro

Lily did nothing wrong.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: **** Carly.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 06:47 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 03:12 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Godammit.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by psmith81992
Good.

At this point I pretty much no choice put to concede.

GGAmerica&MotherEngland.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 03:43 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

On the one hand, goddammit.

On the other hand, I feel like this is the sort of thing we should have done instead of invading Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place. Dunno how helpful it'll be now.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:18 AM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
On the one hand, goddammit.

On the other hand, I feel like this is the sort of thing we should have done instead of invading Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place. Dunno how helpful it'll be now.

I don't know if we should have done this instead, but we should have definitely done it first.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:07 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm trying to slog through the Clone Wars cartoon, and it's amazing how much of a contrast there is from the first season onward. I mean, I basically wanted to kill myself for like the first ten episodes- it was so ****ing bad. Anakin, Asouka, Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda... these are terrible ****ing characters to write a show around.

But then Bane appeared and the series instantly became more tolerable.

It's almost as if having villains that aren't total ****ing plebs who exist only to get shit on by heroes whom we know can't die because they're alive in the ****ing movie that takes place after the series is good for a show's health.

edit- I'll never forgive Lucas for changing the B1 droids' voices though.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Aug 25th, 2014 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:02 PM